What's new

Tutorial Organics for Beginners

jrw

It's very light colored. No blood I think.

No can't get high P bonemeal unless ordering from abroad.

How about Rock Phosphate instead? That's like 0-3-0.

To be honest, I'd like to get away from blood and bone.

Last edited:

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rock phosphate is much too slow.
You'll just have to experiment. Try following the recipe first.

Burn1

jrw

Thanks Burn1,
You're a big helper! :D

I don't have access to Greensand either.

Could I up the kelp meal and add some basalt meal (0-0-1,5) instead?

NickMode

Hey burnone ive used LC's mix #1 with recipe #1.

My plants grew huge (8 ft) and look super healthy. And the mix is looking great. But now that flowering season has came on, my question is is my soil still capable of providing the plant with anything it needs? So far i have added any thing else to my mix except the occasional molasses with the water.

But with flowering upon us, should i add anything? Should i pick up a bottle of EJ bloom and use that when i water?

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NickMode-
That's what the bone meal is for. You'll be fine.

synner-
That will work. Follow the directions on the label.

Burn1

retawgnob

I was looking for an a addition of fish emusion to my nutes. I check all 4, Wal-Marts in a 20 or so radius from my house and i found "Alask" fish emusions 5-1-1, ill this do the trick or do i need to look in another direction.

However i didn't find any EWC any any of the locations. I was very disapointed.

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
5-1-1 is a good source of nitrogen. But it's not enough by itself for a grow.
Some things have to be ordered. A small price to pay for what you get in return.
Burn1

retawgnob

thanks man appreciate the advice. some times the internet is just the way to go. I can't find any powdered dolomite lime either. Any recomended sites? (i've had a hard time finding even EWC and dolomite lime on the same site.)

If you have any advice about my "Soil Situation" it would be greatly appreciated. It's posted under organics. Thx

Peace. :joint:

R

Raistlin Majere

powdered dolomite lime is easy as hell to make from pellets
i do it every grow
go buy a cheap coffee bean grinder with a moter
add D-lime pellets and waalaa powder
takes less than one minute

i hold the grinder in my hand and move side to side, helps get it better
i'll post pix if wanted

:smoweed:

:EDIT: pix :rasta:

Last edited:

emmy75

hey B-1

Veg mix-
1/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano (PSG)
1/3 cup High N Bat Guano (Mexican)
1/3 cup Earth Worm Castings (EWC)
5 tsp. Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract
(That makes the "dry mix". You can make all you want and save it to use later.)
Mix with water @ 1 cup of dry mix into 5 gallons of water to make the tea.
To that 5 gallons of tea add:
5 tbs. Liquid Karma
5 tbs. Black Strap Molasses
Use it to water with every 3rd watering.

Flowering nute tea mix:
2/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano
2/3 cup Earth Worm Castings
2/3 cup High P Guano (Indonesian or Jamaican)
(That makes the "dry mix". You can make all you want and save it to use later.)
Mix with water @ 2 cups of dry mix into 5 gallons of water to make the tea.
To that 5 gallons of tea add:
5 tbs. Liquid Karma
5 tbs. Black Strap Molasses
Use it to water with EVERY watering.

these are the nute mixes im going to use. the former says every 3rd watering and the latter says everywatering. well if im using coco then every watering would be nute overkill. so can u give it to me a different way. how many times should i feed my plants per week with these mixes. would twice in veg and twice in flower be good or maybe three times a week in flower?

thank you in advance :joint:

retawgnob

Raistlin Majere said:
powdered dolomite lime is easy as hell to make from pellets
i do it every grow
go buy a cheap coffee bean grinder with a moter
add D-lime pellets and waalaa powder
takes less than one minute

Thanks Raistlin, appreciate the help. I've seen that same bag at the nursery around the way.

Peace. :joint:

hey,yall i got a gal in 8 day flower,been using miracle grow organic choice with added bone meal peat moss blood meal and dolomite lime i added. so far so good. i been addin molasis to water, i tried to follow the recipe above. i been to walmart kmart home depot and a local nursry. i cannot find worm castings, i understand what it is but seriously nobody i asked at these stores had any idea what the hell i was asking for. same for guano much less peruvian guano and high N guano, so is there a joke i'm missing? i'm a lil newbish to this but am learning my soils a little better, i already have bought a local made soil to replace the unorganic miracle grow i have now.and again asked for promix and again the confused blank look back at me. i can only guess i can find some guano and castings at a hydro store then, assuming they do exist :) I minus well buy online then, any body got the best spot or am i way off here.

i also got some things i thought were close, maxicrop liquid seaweed and fish emulision i can add these to the molasis tea instead?

Last edited:

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
softy-
You can make compost and use it instead of worm castings. Composted cow manure, composted sheep manure (Ba Ba Do) or composted horse manure will also work.
Maxicrop 0-0-1 and fish emulsion 5-1-1- are great sources of potassium and nitrogen.
Plain old peat moss is a great base for an organic soil medium.
Burn1

retawgnob

BurnOne I will have to apologize. As i said i went to the 3 local Wal-Marts at some ungodly hour in the morning and found no EWC. However, another day, during the day, slightly more sober i found them. Those bastards were sittin out side with all the other soil on pallets. I didn't think they would have that much, but ya, Burn1 aint lyin. They sell Maxicrop and Fish Emulsions as well, but sometimes you just got to go a little out of they way. But if your goin by the Hydro store see what they got... Wal-Mart sells a 10 lb for $3.24. So see whats up.

Latest posts

Latest posts