What's new

Tutorial Organics for Beginners

jrw said:
Guys,

My Original Haze x SWT3 looks unhappy in later flowering.

100 days 12/12 from seed.

Soil: 2/2/1 Peat moss/Perlite/Mushroom compost
Food: Blood, bone and kelp meal @ 1/3 strenght.

It looks burned... How can it be at 1/3 recommended strenght?

looks very much like the problems I get sometimes in late flowering. You may benefit from the addition of more compost, as LC's mix is 2/1/2 when using peat/perlite/compost, not 2.2.1

try adding an inch or two of worm castings or compost to the top of the pot and water as usual. You could also make a tea with the compost. Its not a fix-all but in my exp. plants love castings like humans love a day off from work...

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
jrw said:
Guys,

My Original Haze x SWT3 looks unhappy in later flowering.

100 days 12/12 from seed.

Soil: 2/2/1 Peat moss/Perlite/Mushroom compost
Food: Blood, bone and kelp meal @ 1/3 strenght.

It looks burned... How can it be at 1/3 recommended strenght?
Did you use any dolomite?
Did you mix the blood/bone/kelp into the soil?
Why did you use 1/3 the recommended dosage?

anyone ever get into the swedish self watering pots that absorb water through the pores on the pot itself? seems like it would work good with, the blood, bone and kelp mix

Last edited:
and whats a good pot size for my soil plants, looking to have 3 to 4 ft plants, so should a 3 gallon do it or should i use the 5 gallon?

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Sorry if this has been asked...but I have a water Turtle (Red-something or other) and was wondering if the water I pull from it is good for my plants-- It is a 60 gal tank, so I take out about 20 gals a week for changes--

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
BurnOne said:
I don't know what a "Water Turtle" is.

It is just a turtle that lives in the water-- I have him in a 60 gal fish aquarium...and I know it is good to use fish aquarium water on the plants--
Anyways...I have already gave it to them-- Their waste is s'pose to be very rich in Nitrogen...and also a lot of beneficial bacteria in there--

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
kmk420kali said:
It is just a turtle that lives in the water-- I have him in a 60 gal fish aquarium...and I know it is good to use fish aquarium water on the plants--
Anyways...I have already gave it to them-- Their waste is s'pose to be very rich in Nitrogen...and also a lot of beneficial bacteria in there--
I was thinking it was some kind of rain barrel or something. Yeah, that water should be fine.
Turtle guano. :laughing:
Burn1

Green Inc.

First time organic grow.Please tell me if ive done my research right.the follwing details will start in a few days unless i hear im all wrong.
water is from a community well that sits in a concrete cistern Ph ranges from 7 to 9 depending on time off year(tds from 30 to 90)
medium mix ratio of 5-3-2 in 20 gallon pots under the sun.
5 parts sunleaves fine coco coir
3 parts big and chunky perlite
2 parts fox farms happy frog soil improver

humboldt nutrients There organic feed schedule
link http://www.humboldtnutrients.com/Humboldt Nutrients organic 10wk schedule.pdf

My understanding of organics is Grow and bloom nuts are basically generic.lets say the n-p-k ratios are more important than ingredients.And the real important factors are micro organisms and keeping them alive & happy.
Therefor i liked the humboldt line up.

I need help in the following.
1- I have a 300 gallon poly (potable water) tank that is green and sits in sunlight. Will i be able to mix my nutes & additives in the tank and use over a two week period. The tank gets hot 100+ will the micro bugs survive those temps. My plan was to mix my nutes at a light strength and water every morning when the water is cold.
2-Will i need to put a air stone in my res to keep micro bugs alive?
3-with a no peat medium mix is dolomite lime recommended?
4-Burn one said keep npk at 3-1-2 for grow 1-3-2 bloom my base nutes will end being 3-1-3 in grow and 1-3.6-1 in bloom with out the other additives.
should in run with what i got or consider an alternative?
5-Water coming from 30+ year old concrete cistern.will the calcium & lime present in concrete have any affect?
Any help or general advise is much appreciated.

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1- I don't think the nutes will live for two weeks, even if you bubble them. 48 hours maybe.
2- Bubbling helps dissolve oxygen into the water.
3- Yes.
4- That's fine.
5- No.

kmk, I have a 60 gallon with 2 turtles and however many feeder goldfish. However many because 2 turtles go through some feeders. lol I use the water for watering and I've made tea from it a couple of times lately. The tea foamed like crazy. The plants noticeably perked up. I wouldn't use it in flower though because of the N you mentioned.

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Vetus, have you ever looked into aquaponics?

Pretty impressive stuff, maybe a little difficult to setup, but the results are impossible to ignore.

maryj315

if i try lc#1 mix with no add dry ferts just peat perlite ewc and lime do i add ferts every water like you do in coir?

maryj315 said:
if i try lc#1 mix with no add dry ferts just peat perlite ewc and lime do i add ferts every water like you do in coir?

according to recipe #3 which is adding ferts with watering in the form of teas, in veg you fert every 3rd watering, in flower in fert every watering... of course this varies depending on what the plants tell you

ix, I love the idea of aquaponics but I'm not ready to go play on another playground right now. I'm still figuring out this soil-less or soil or whatever you call this dirt type of growing. But one day...one day...

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Vetus Fossor said:
ix, I love the idea of aquaponics but I'm not ready to go play on another playground right now. I'm still figuring out this soil-less or soil or whatever you call this dirt type of growing. But one day...one day...

Yeah, I just noticed that you've got a good bit of the system already in place :D

Me, I don't have an aquarium, but I'd love to give it a go one day!

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
maryj315 said:
Follow the recipes exactly until you've done a couple of grows with the recipe you choose.

Latest posts

Latest posts