What's new

Tutorial Organics for Beginners

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use two 30 gallon trash cans.
I don't buy anything from miracle grow.
Use your local phone book and call around. Gas is high!
Here's how I do mine if starting from seed. I mix up my LC's Mix. Enough for all my containers. Put aside enough to germ the seeds in. Usually a 16 oz. cup with holes pinched in the bottom. One cup for each seed.
With the rest, I mix in the blood/bone/kelp as directed and fill up my pots. Usually three gallons each. It takes about two weeks for the bone meal to break down. That's about the time the seedlings are ready to transplant.
I transplant into the three gallon pots and that's where they stay until harvest. Just turn your light cycle to 12 on/12 off to force flowering. Easy. Just water until harvest.

Here's the recipe again...
RECIPE #1
If you want to use organic nutes like blood, bone and kelp...
Dry Ferts:
1 tablespoon blood meal per gallon or 1/2 cup per cubic foot of soil mix
2 tablespoons bone meal per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of soil mix
1-tablespoon kelp meal per gallon or 1/2 cup per cubic foot of soil mix or Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract as directed
1 tablespoon per gallon or 1/2 cup per cubic foot of Jersey Greensand to supplement the K (potasium) in the Kelp Meal and seaweed extract.
Mix all the dry ferts into the soiless mix well and wet it, but don't soak it with Liquid Karma and water @ 1 tbs./gal. Stir and mix it a few times a week for a week or two so the bacteria can get oxygen and break down the bone meal and make it available. And don't let the mix dry out, keep it moist and add water as needed. It'll also have time to get the humic acids in the Liquid Karma going and the dolomite lime will be better able to adjust the pH of a peat based mixture too.
Burn1

Last edited:

e20sm0ke

awesome information man im half way there. just need to get the rest of the goodies tommorow. gonna hit a hydro shop first then go to a nursery

one more question and ill leave you alone till i sprout

whats up with all these other bloom products and other nutes and stuff for flowering? will i need them with LC's mix plus bloodbonekelp combo

and you say DONT soak it with liquid karma. how should i use liquid karma? and what kind of water should i be giving the plant. should i be using the filtered water or just tap water or whats the water situation. thanks again for your help man!

ill have some pics for u soon

Last edited:
G

I ask a local nursery to order a couple of giant bags (4 cu ft?) (less than $15 per bag) of perlite every couple of years or so.

It would be nice if someone local stocked it, but...
They don't ask...I don't tell...lol.

I stay away from the MG stuff.

G

e20sm0ke said:
yah i got some non MG perlite now. havin a helluva time finding dolomite lime powder been to a nursery

Yeh, that can be a tough one.
I found mine at Lowes...in the same area with the large bags of lawn fertilizer...

e20sm0ke

Kroter said:
Yeh, that can be a tough one.
I found mine at Lowes...in the same area with the large bags of lawn fertilizer...

im gonna give them a call thanks. hey do you know if i use the pure blend bloom and liquid karma would i still need to use bone blood and kelp?

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
e20smoke-
Man, I don't have time right now to answer your questions. Father's Day and all.
READ! I've posted that information already in this forum hundreds of times.
I'll be back tomorrow.
READ!!!

NPK

e20sm0ke said:
...you say DONT soak it with liquid karma. how should i use liquid karma? and what kind of water should i be giving the plant.

Dude, he said wet the mix with the LK solution, but don't drench it. He didn't mean not to use the stuff at all--just not to use too much.

Luck to ya, hope that helped clarify things.

e20sm0ke

ya NPK that does clarify things.

i get that part so then the medium is ready but what about during flowering?

I have this pure blend bloom and pure blend pro grow i got from a friend im just not sure how to incorporate this into what im doing now. sorry for the stupid questions just need to get this first organic grow under my belt.

im really just not understanding what kind of water to put into these and when to feed them with what i have or how often to feed them or during flower how and when to use these pure products. those are my main concerns. any advice is definately appreciated. im going to keep on readin

Last edited:
V

vonforne

e20sm0ke said:
ya NPK that does clarify things.

i get that part so then the medium is ready but what about during flowering?

I have this pure blend bloom and pure blend pro grow i got from a friend im just not sure how to incorporate this into what im doing now. sorry for the stupid questions just need to get this first organic grow under my belt.

im really just not understanding what kind of water to put into these and when to feed them with what i have or how often to feed them or during flower how and when to use these pure products. those are my main concerns. any advice is definately appreciated. im going to keep on readin

There are no stupid questions my friend except the ones that are not asked.

As with any thing you have never used before.....read the sirections first and use 1\4 th of that until your plants ask for more. You will learn to tell when they need more nutrients.

You should mix your flowering soil now so it is ready at the end of the veg cycle and ready to transplant when needed.

V

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK, let me try to make this simple...

LC's Mix is the soil. It's JUST soil. No food in it to speak of.

You'll need to choose ONE of the recipes I posted. Choose the one that is easiest for you to get and use.

If you choose to use Recipe #1 (blood/bone/kelp) you only need one mix. And you don't need the greensand or Liquid Karma. And you also don't need anything else but plain water. It's good from the second week of life for the seedling until harvest.

Make enough LC's mix for the 16 oz. cups and for the pots you're going to be using to grow the plants in until harvest. I suggest 3 gallon flower pots.

Like I said, germ your seeds in plain old LC's Mix. Use 16 ounce cups with a few holes punched in the bottom. Use 1 cup for each seed. At the same time, mix the rest of your LC's Mix with the blood/bone/kelp as directed in the recipe. Fill the 3 gallon pots up to about 2 inches from the top.
Now, wet the mix with plain water. Make sure you wet it slowly and thoroughly. It's fine to just leave the mix in the pots, but keep the mix damp. Don't let it dry out too much.
After two weeks, your seedlings should be ready for some food. Transplant them into the 3 gallon pots.
Now, just water as needed till harvest.
Easy.
Burn1

e20sm0ke

sounds very easy. when you say food do you mean these pure products i have or is there some better products i could get to feed them. im lookin for the easiest way to feed them

green_grow

Veteran
yes, the products you have are plant food, or fertilizer. they would likely be all you need to get you through your first grow. the pure blend grow is for the vegetative stage and the pure blend bloom is for when you switch to 12/12 lighting for the flowering stage. it has already been stated but bears repeating ... do NOT overfeed or overwater your plants. VERY common rookie mistakes. start with 1/4 the strength stated on the bottle.
READ ... read the "stickys" that are in each forum and read the threads of other growers that are using a style which you can relate to. be careful that you are not confusing a hydroponic or other soilless grow with a soil grow. a few hours spent reading will do you a lot of good.

V

vhGhost

BurnOne Lc's mix with recipe#1 is amazing .. its never failed me once... no ph'ing water or anything and i'm using well water. great thread... i don't understand why anyone would grow any other way! ....

you guys are the BEST .... @ least i can call my weed organic and not have to worry about chemicals when i smoke :)

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
e20sm0ke said:
sounds very easy. when you say food do you mean these pure products i have or is there some better products i could get to feed them. im lookin for the easiest way to feed them
All you need with the blood/bone/kelp recipe is plain water.
The "food" is N-P-K (nitrogen-phosphorous-potassium). It comes from the organic blood, bone and kelp.
Burn1

first i wanted to say thanks a bluntload for the thread, its perfect for anyone trying to go organic, i am new to soil and soiless grows, ive been growing hydroponically, now i want less setup, more plant space so im going to the regular pots, hydro was easy because i could control the ph and ppm at any given time,and i couldnt really over water my plants, which leads me to the question, in 3 gallon pots, how much water should each pot get? i figure water every other day or maybe 3, but im not sure how much, also i was thinking of using the guano and kelp tea because it seems the most controlled for each plant stage, figured thats why it was your favorite

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
smokadepep-
Welcome to IC & Organics.
Yep, that's why I like guano teas and seaweed.
As far as watering, it changes every time. When the plants are small, they don't use as much water. As they get bigger, they use more.
It won't be a problem for you though, they'll let you know what they need.
Burn1

jrw

Guys,

My Original Haze x SWT3 looks unhappy in later flowering.

100 days 12/12 from seed.

Soil: 2/2/1 Peat moss/Perlite/Mushroom compost
Food: Blood, bone and kelp meal @ 1/3 strenght.

It looks burned... How can it be at 1/3 recommended strenght?

nice, it should be fun, i was also going to do a pretty big continuous sog grow like DrBuds, i have a seperate cab with a 600w dual arc bulb has both mh and hps arcs in the one bulb, would the tea still work in the early stage of flower, should i really dillute it???