What's new

Organics and PH-Lets settle this once and for all?

grapeman

Veteran
Power Plant is a strain that is very susceptible to Magnesium deficiency
VG

Amen to that.

since I've been playing here in the organic playground, my mg problems on this strain are now only visible at times of fast growth, but quickly corrected. compared to the problems I had with mg & PP using only store bought nutes, there is no comparison as to how much better they are now.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not necessarily. Some are tipped off by a fucked up plant.

yeah the plant is the tip that you need to find out why the plant is fucked up though

IOW, i agree

but, (being someone who hasn't tested PH for years) if it's not readily apparent what the probz are, knowing PH can be a good indicator what the solutionz might be

i.e. w/ a mag def, hi pH can be an indicator to flush rather than give epsom salts

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Yesterday I had a couple of hundred dollars burning a hole in my pocket and it was either going for a PH meter or a new iPhone 3G S. One or the other.......................

The new iPhone is really kick-ass!

YMMV

CC

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In the classic Steve Martin movie 'The Jerk' the scene in the restaurant where he's holding a cocktail in one hand (with the little umbrella) and pointing at it with his other hand with a really goofy look on his face as he faces the audience/camera.

That moronic expression seems to be the one that you find with the chemical-cocktail grower crowd. "I don't care if my pot has Floramine on it as long as it's PH neutral!"

Sometimes some of the gibberish from the original 'how to grow dope books' from 30 years ago still persists much to the delight of 'da dude' down at Hydro-Schtick Stupidy who appear to make a ton of money by first selling the customer a legitimate problem with their substandard products complete with PH imbalances, mediocre EWC/compost with very low levels of microbial activity, gnats, fleas, etc. so that that the new grower looks to the very same companies for a solution.

Beautiful - sell you the problem and then sell you the solution. It certainly explains why so many indoor garden clerks are former used car salesman, life insurance reps, day traders, a former career working the glory hole at a local Grecian steam bath house, etc.

CC

Coot; You Da Man!!!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey CC - iPhone 3G S for $200? - you made the right choice :D
i love my iphone, but paid more than that for a second hand first generation one.

Amen to that.

since I've been playing here in the organic playground, my mg problems on this strain are now only visible at times of fast growth, but quickly corrected. compared to the problems I had with mg & PP using only store bought nutes, there is no comparison as to how much better they are now.

hey grapeman here's my Power Plant cut at about 5 weeks - trained on a foot-square modular scrog screen
picture.php

VG.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
hey CC - iPhone 3G S for $200? - you made the right choice :D
i love my iphone, but paid more than that for a second hand first generation one.

VG.
VG

I thought it was a good deal as well - especially after I watched a couple of YouTube videos and the imaging was stunning.

Unlimited phone - $69.99
Unlimited data (web) - $30.00

$100.00 and my phone bill is covered PLUS the added benefit of having a device to settle bar bets - I can cover at least 1/2 of my bill a month on that feature alone.

CC

Latest posts

Latest posts