What's new

Orange Diesel Intro

hesh

I think Seedbay is the only place to get 'em. There are usually a couple packs up in the private breeders section. :joint:

J

jimbroker

I wanted to post an update on my Orange Diesels. I have 4 Orange Diesel plants currently. I popped 5 which all grew perfectly through the seedling/early veg stage. I threw out one due to size constraints.

My soil conditions: %70 perlite and %30 humus/soil in 3 gallon pots.

Feeding: About once every 1 1/2 weeks I feed them with Nature's Nectar organic nutes. These are something I saw at the local hydro shop and are organically-derived pure N,P and K concentrates which you mix yourself. I work with this stuff in PPMs so all units are given in PPM... I started feeding with a 100:100:100 mix.. dropped the K over time to 80 and have recently upped the N to 200 for a final mix of 200:100:80. I think I will drop the N levels back down though.

Also, for micronutrients I have been using the Fox Farm Grow Big every 2-3 feedings.

Lighting: 400 Watts MH. They were under a 65 watt (real watts, 300W equivalent) CFL until secondary leaves were formed. I just didn't think they could use all the HID light until they had enough leaves to take advantage of it.

Light Schedule: They are under a 14/10 lighting schedule and have been since the first five-membered leaves appeared.

Temps: When under the CFL, the daytime temps were never above 77F. Under the MH, daytime temps are never above 84F. They usually hover at 80F and dip into the high 70s. Evening temps are in the low 70s.

Humidity: I had relative humidity (rH) levels anywhere from 20-30%. I recently purchased (last week) an ultrasonic humidifier and I am able to get the rH anywhere from 40-55%.

Plant Condition: I have some slight yellowing of the lower leaves of some of the plants. The yellowing is mainly on the three-member leaves. Also, I have necrotic spots on some of the fan leaves on some of the plants. I am in need of a pH meter which I hope to have SOON. I won't dare start adjusting nutes until I know for certain my pH conditions.

Other than that the plants looks healthy and green. I feel confident that with a pH meter I will be able to isolate the problems.

The plants are all between 10-12" in height. They have ~9-10 nodes.

I was looking at the plants yesterday and YAY I see long white female pistils at the very top nodes! I have 3/4 females... this is at least a 60% female ratio from the five seeds I popped (which might even be better if I had kept the 5th OD plant to determine its sex).

J

jimbroker

I've picked up some pH paper strips just to do some preliminary testing. It seems my tap water, nutes after mixing and water drainage from my pots are all within 6-7 pH.

I still would like to get a meter to have more precise numbers but for now I think I can rest assured there probably isn't any nutrient lockout due to a high or low ph in the soil mix. I could also get some more precise ph papers for 6.95USD...

I am going to try upping the feeding schedule for the plants. I am currently feeding them every 10 days or so. I think I will up the schedule to every 5-7 days.

D

Don Cotyle

Verite, Thanks for putting this great lookiing strain out! They are doing fine, here's a link to my grow, I'm doing hydro in a 30 gal res under 400 whatt HPS. They are about 21 days in veg right now at 8-10", will wait 6-7 more days to flower. I just cut my lights back from 19/24 to 16/24 and will continue to slowly cut back the next 6-7 days to 11/13.

Thanks again....Oh yea, I have 3 Thai Haze x Skunk#1's on the right side of the tubbler. The OD will keep me happy while the longer flowering strain finishes :muahaha: Take a peak!!!!! :headbange

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=74834

Rev. Alucian

Hey V!

I just snapped up a pack of OD, and look forward to running it very soon. The thought of puffing a handfull of GoJo gets me goin :bigeye: Forgive me if I have overlooked the answer, but how much stretch have you experienced? My cab is vertically-challenged, don'cha know...

Thank you, mang, and keep up the good work!

JWP

Few weeks and i should have room for them, or a few anyway. I put em in lil breathable envelopes n they keep nice n dry while in a container with desiccant in the fridge :wave:

Where's my Hesh update!?! I have been watching with baited breath at these OD grows! Give me some grow pics, harvest pics, and smoke reports and don't let the thread die! :puppydoge

Please.... it is inspiring.... :rasta:

Thank you,
The Afficianado :joint:

hesh

looks awesome m@rg!

Sorry I havn't had an update for you guys, been way too busy. :bashhead:
I put my two gals into flower on 11/20. They're comin' along nicely, one's a little slow, but I think she's gonna be real frosty. I will try and snap a few pics today. :joint:

H

herbal essences

Here's a shot of my 2 Orange Diesels...

went into 12/12 yesterday these pics are about a week old..

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Nice pics people. Love them cloeups m@rg. The stuff grows pretty easy. Grow it as you would any other regular feeder and it should do fine.

hesh

Alright here are pics of my two girls taken earlier today. They're being grown in moonshine mix under a 600w HPS. I think they're done stretching, came out about two feet tall. Cuts already taken and getting ready for the next round. :joint:

hesh

Had to chop the wrinkly-leaf lady today (2nd pic in last post). Found nanners. :badday:

The other gal is fine. I will get some close-ups in a couple days.

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice hesh , did u find many nanners ?
cause i found 1 on mine at about 30 -40 days in, but i left it and it never shed pollen ,infact its still on the plant now going purple
most large fans are going purple by the day now,even a few hairs are lush purple colour ,im just putting it down to cold temps ,but they look amazing .i dont think its a nute def for the plant to look this good

thanks again Verite

hesh

Yeah there were quite a few nanners. There were four main tops, probably one per budsite up each branch. Gonna have to recheck the closet for light leaks but my buddy might have left the door cracked a couple times after the light went off. I catch that once and a while :bashhead: That gal seemed a bit stunted from the start, but the other gal looks great, already have a couple clones rooted and waiting on a couple more. Shit happens. Got one good girl left and 13 more beans, no worries! :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts