What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orange Diesel Intro

T

TheOneWill

Does the Orange Disel Smell like oranges or its because the amount of orange hairs on it?

JWP

Dude you need to lay off the drugs. Seriously

What the hell is all that mumbo jumbo about? Do you think before you speek? Or do you just open your mouth and let the shit flow out?

The hermies are in the genes man. It was the enviroment that triggered the hermies. Nothing else. Over breeding my ass.

Your talking a lot about respect. You think coming into someones thread talking shit is respectfull?

You need relax mate

JWP

You cant insult me man. You make the mistake of thinking i give a funk of what you think

You must be drunk. Its about 2am sun morning over there right? Big sat night out? lol wait till you read this when ur straight

A few days ago i had the orange diesel beans out checking them out. A friend droped one. Today i found it.

So she gets an early start on the rest

Last edited:
Dearest MR. ALPHBETIZATION:

First off, if people want to get on their knees and blow RezDog like their daddy, that's fine with me. But when you talk the smack about NYCD, remember that Rez got those genes DIRECT FROM SOMA IN THE DAM in the early part of the new millennium and it was documented in CannabisCulture and at the OG site in a thread of his own creation.

No one here has attacked RezDog, although early posts said that the NYCD strain was not up to the hype, and that was those individual posters opinions to which they have a right, and which might be very well true cause nothing is ever up to the hype-- nothing.

If you got busted for trafficking, it makes you stupid not smart, especially if the coveted genes for which you take credit wound up in an evidence locker. If you know Mr. Nice, all I can say is: "Your doggie's sick..." (Not a reference to Rez but to the original Howard Marks) I hope you know the reference.

I think everyone on this thread-- which was started by the very cool Verite-- has been beautiful up to now... very helpful all around and everyone has had a great sense of humor.

Why mess that up like some kind of mewling idiot?

Just my two cents and I'll be right back with the post I actually intended when I checked into this thread.

The Afficianado

Last edited:
Now for my original question.... as these OD's have hybrid vigor we have some seedlings showing indica and some showing sativa stretchiness. At this early stage it is hard to judge sex though there are some determining factors.

My question is: a) if I isolate the indica dominant males and females of the OD line and back cross to the indica dominant plant, to what parentage of the OD am I backcrossing? (I am doing this for personal smoke not for breeding project or seed generated wealth, just trying to limit height in my cab and possibily shorten harvest while keeping OD positives. Thanks)

and b) Those who have grown OD out completely, has there been a large difference between indicia and sativa dominant traits across the entire OD grow, or is it more subtle after flowering?

I ask these questions as I have what appears to be a perfect indica phenotype, it is just beautiful. But I think it will turn out to be male because it is larger than the other two indica phenos which are growing more slowly and I think those will turn out to be female. But I have to start making accomodations for the male at this early stage if I want to bend OD back towards the indica side of things. And I wonder if the indica side of things is where the potency and oranginess comes from, or if it should be avoided.

And given a choice I always prefer the indica couchlock-- ALWAYS.

I love this thread and hate less than sensible posts. Thanks for your replies, and thank you Hesh for your updated pics which was the last cool post before the ranting.

The Afficianado

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Its all good peeps. Im not one to blame anyones environment on sensitive genetics. Especially when it happens in more than one. Bummer on the nanners. Reflecting on what everyones saying it seems they dont appear to be happening on all of them so my guess is the male chosen to pollenate the batch was ok but one [ or more ] of the five females I chose to seed might be the sensitive one [ since I didnt experience any nanner issues making the seeds and selected three seeds from each female to make up each pack.]

So my choices for the next runs to work it out are to run some of the original seeds from the first cross or run the current ones I have one female batch at a time to see if they display any sensitivities. If I redo from the first cross I will have some work to do getting it back to the predominantly orange smelling strength it is today. We'll see how it goes as I would hate to scrap this high potential strain. Im also thankful my Holy Grail doesnt have any sensitivities, you can beat the piss out of it and it wont throw a nanner at you.

To answer some ?'s.

Besides the pics of the mothers [ on the first page or two of this thread ] and what I was told that they were Cali-O and a Skunk #1 cross I dont have any further info on their lineage. From what I have smoked between the mother and father the mother was stronger smoke.

The mother impressed me since it was one of the first orange strains I tried that was intensely orange scented and the most potent of all of them. It passes both those traits along well to the prodigy which the diesel side seems to accentuate.

Growing under 18/6 MH I found the OD to display small preflowers anywhere from 6-9 inches tall within the first few nodes of the growing tip. The females were all decent branchers so I imagine they would do fine if topped to reduce height in a cab grow.

JWP

Yeah hesh said his buddy left the door open a few times. Im not blaming the enviroment. Just saying that. The same result prolly would have came with most strains.

Well how about these ODs. Vigorous lil bastards arnt they. It got wet about 4 in the afternoon and 7am the next morning it was out ready to be planted. :rasta:

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
So has anybody harvested and smoked Orange Diesel yet aside from Verite ??? :smile:
Mine is 24 days into flowering so still some 45 or so days to go i guess (they go about 70 right?)

Last edited:

sourchronic

talk about orange diesel

talk about orange diesel

I made a cross between the lemon pheno Chronic and a SD IBL dad.
although it smelled dieselly the whole grow we had an unexpected outcome once it matured. this was picked oct 20th in virginia.
every plant had a dank and deep citrus orange smell..
High was great!
orange smell and taste
immediate lift off..
with that feeling .. "oh shit... I think I'm really going to get stoned.."
and yes.. Stoned is what you get...up, talkative, I get into everything...
then
3-4 hours just fades away...

think I'm going to go into f2 with this stuff and see what pops up!

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im on day 52 now with mine. out of 4 strains the od is looking to finish first .
but as usual, ive ran out of weed and cant get any

"chop them " is going through my head at the mo , might have to check the trichs later
orange diesel will definatley be with me for the next few grows , 2 diff phenos

pollenated a bud with a sour diesel dad

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
I was in the same boat with my recent crop of Holy Grail. I knew I couldnt touch the five females that were seeded since they had a week or so to ripen up the seeds. I also knew that the other 15 would get substantially stronger if left to grow. So I ended up doing clips of lower branches a few at a time [ a day or so of smoke ] over the week and quick drying it. I figured the rest left made up for what I snagged early.

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not sure if supposed to look like this,but this is one of my "purple" orange diesel @ 55 days , not looking her best but i took a few snaps

rock solid buds , doesnt give off too much smell either

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^theres gonna be some bud there nice
another orange diesel @about 67 days