What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orange Diesel Intro

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
" Holy arm sized colas Batman ! "

grayson3.jpg

hesh

m@rg - Dang bro that gal looks sweeeeeet, awesome job. Looks more sativa-y than my pheno. How long you gonna let her go for?

herbal - that's quite a bush, lookin' good.

My gal's on day 36 today, my buddy's been takin' care of her, says she's fattening up nicely. I'll have some pics for you guys next week. :joint:

D

Don Cotyle

m@rg, she's a beauty!!! Hope mine end up that nice. Here's a shot of the 6 ODs I have going at day 26 flowering

I've got 3 of Sam Skunkmans Thai Haze x Skunk#1 females on the right side of the kloset, tied back to let as much light on the ODs as possible, I'll have a secound harvest 60 days after the OD!

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
verite,skinny leaf, hesh and dan thanks alot guys

she is yet to show me any amber trichs ,so still waiting
the purple pheno is more mature than ^^one ,so she will be first
the seeds on her are prob ready now ,but ill leave them until i take the plant

still got 10 beans left ,so watch this space

D

Don Cotyle

She's frosting up nice Hesh. You gonna be able to get some nice BHO from that trim:)

She in soil or hydro?

hesh

Thanks for the comments guys. :rasta:

Don - she is being grown in soil - Moonshine mix with some Mother Earth Super Tea and Budswel tea. And yes, should be some tasty hash to be made :D

Definitely keeping this girl around. Has an awesome citrus/diesel smell. Got a couple clones veggin' out, turning one into a mom for sure.

:joint:

D

Don Cotyle

I went the other way Hesh, 30 gal DWC with a 400W HPS, Lucas Formula with GH Micro and Bloom, flowering I added Fat Flower by Northern Lights Co and will double dose last 3 weeks. They are just starting to suger up!

Peace

J

jimbroker

Verite - Here are 3 ladies that I put into 12/12 on the 31st (so their first full 12/12 day is New Years Day... easy to keep track of the days in flower).

They were about 20 inches (about half a meter) tall before they went into 12/12. Vegging was done under a 400W MH. They are now under 400W HPS. They have many nodes even after much trimming.

This is my first indoor grow where I got females. I followed Dutch Passions' tutorial for getting mainly females and I think it helped me A LOT (previously, I was working with Joey Weeds C99 over the summer... I think it was too damn hot where I was growing to get females). I have taken four clones from each plant... hopefully they root!

Here are some observations I have made since growing Orange Diesel:

1. From the day the seeds cracked their shells to the first pre-flowers was 2 months, in soil. Sexing these plants was no problem.

2. These plants are HEAVY feeders... at least in comparison to C99. I had a lot of green veins and yellowing on the bottom fan leaves and I first thought maybe I had a pH lockout problem. I didn't and it turns out I just wasn't feeding them enough. I have been feeding them every 5-6 days one liter of a 15:15:15 solution in comparison to 250mls of a 10:10:10 solution I was feeding them and they have finally started looking better. BTW..one liter is the "saturation" point for their containers... i.e. the amount that can be applied with only a small trickle of runoff. My plants looked very Mg hungry midway through Dec (green veins and leaf curl on the top leaves). I have been giving them the standard 1 tsp/gallon epsom salt solution and all but the most curled leaves have returned to normal. Green color returned to the leaves about 5 days after the epsom salt solution. I have also been foliar feeding them Fox Farm's Grow Big and epsom salt solution.

My advice: If you are growing in soil, determine the volume of solution that will saturate your soil... i.e. a small trickle of water leaves the containers. Than feed your plants that volume with at least a 15:15:15 solution one day and than a 1tsp/liter epsom salt solution the next watering/feeding.

3. They have a light smell during vegging.. nothing real strong but definitely has the citrus smell of a sweet skunk. I can detect faint overtones of a nutty flavor in one of the plants... could this be the diesel peeking through?

4. Very uniform growth so far. The female in the larger container is slightly bigger than her sisters by about an inch and even that I would attribute to the larger container.

I have a few concerns as well:

1. I am a bit concerned I vegged them too long. They have so many nodes even after I have trimmed them. They have been vegging since the first pre-flowers for over a month. I am aiming to get a heavy one time yield out of these plants. My concern is that side branches won't fill in.

BTW: The way my plants are growing it seems like this plant would be PERFECT for a ScrOG method... I haven't tested this so I can't say for certain but they do grow very uniform.... one straight pole and many side branches climbing to the top canopy.

2. I have a lot of three fingered and even one fingered leaves on all of the plants. I am concerned that they may have been underfed (especially Mg) for too long and they have been vegging under non-ideal circumstances. Than again maybe it will easier at harvest time to trim!

Thanks once again for a neat hybrid Verite. I also have enjoyed the pictures other people have posted and I can't wait till these babies start packing on the weight. Good luck to all who are growing along!

Last edited:
D

Don Cotyle

Day 35 in flower, day 65 total. Click on pix to enlarge!

Heres a closeup showing trich formation begining, and the smell is starting to intensify :jump: :p

Last edited:
H

herbal essences

Looking good Don very nice plants, mine are around day 21, I tend to touch the small trichs just so I can get a smell, and it's just soooo good...

D

Don Cotyle

Thanks herbal, ya got some nice Ladys there yourself!!! The scent is great citrisy with evil undertones :p, I rub the stems between the upper bud sites to get a nice whiff every now and again:)

Have you noticed any different phenotypes? It seems I have 2, the nice green with spread leaves and only a few side branches. Then the dark dark green with becoupe side branches tighter leaves, this one is frostier. Both have gone from the FAT indica type leaes to a more slender sativa style leaves. The latter I just took 3 clones from...hope to keep that one around for a while :jump:

Looks like you went with the freebi Menage a Trois, I went the other way and have 3 Oldschool Thai Haze x Skunk#1, so I'll have plenty of the OD while I wait on the other at 120+ flowering time.

Looking good Jimbroker!

Here's a pic of my garden:

H

herbal essences

ypu same with me both started out very indica now one has nice thin leave with 7 blades and the other nice fat leaves with only 3 fat blades on some fan leaves the fat leaf one reeks really sweet the other not as much

J

jimbroker

HerbalEssences,

Nice shots of your plants!

Hesh,

Beautiful bud, I hope mine look that good!

M@rg,

Fucking AWESOME cola! That is what I am aiming for.

Don Cotyle,

Your stuff is looking fan-fcking-tastic. I shoulda sprouted the sam skunkman seeds myself but I had a C99 candidate (turned out to be male) and I like to have a minimal of plants. When that Old School Thai Haze X Skunk #1 is done please please make a smoke report so the fellow growers know if it is worth it!

D

Don Cotyle

jimbroker,Thanks!!! the THxS1 is takeing over the place:p, soon as I get a good cure on em I'll PM ya with a link to the smoke report!

Here's a closer peek at the tops:

Last edited:
Well my OD grow has been organic to the hilt. I cracked 5 seeds of OD and 5 of the Mississippi Mud that came with it and only 1 MM cracked while all of the OD cracked. However, it looks like the MM is male and maybe 3 of 5 of the OD are male. One of the suspected OD males is a beautiful indica, so I may keep him to breed with. The very good news is that the one sure female OD which I have been watching for a while and is of the indica pheno which is what I value, is biploid. At least I think that Biploid is the word for a genetic pheno that creates two growing tips instead of one without FIM. It has not done this at all leaf nodes but has done it at the 6th and top levels.

It grows slower than other plants and is far more bushy,but since it is female, this makes it a wonderful mother candidate. I use extreme bondage in my tie downs at soil level, so none of my plants are over 8 inches tall, despite having stems over a half inch thick. I circle them around the inner rim of the container. Because of this, the plants are already bushy, so it took a long time to occur to me that the plant was biploid.

I grow till I can pre-sex than I take clones and keep a mother. I will try to put up pics.

jimbroker, I gotta say that I water every four or five days in my organic soil system. It allows me to flood the containers with fresh water before adding my nutes which run to waste. I think that each plant has to be getting several gallons of liquid, either fresh water or ferted water by the time watering process is finished and I let them drain for several hours. I know that everyone has a different system that can be determined by stealth, and that different folks have success with different systems, it just seems to me that a liter per plant is very little liquid even for a small plant and due to such a small amount, the margin of error in the application of nutes and salt build up, even in organics, increases almost exponentially. Also you mentioned that heat was an issue so you gotta know that a plant with enough water at hand has better regulation of resperation especially in hot weather. I am very much a water until drain to waste kind of guy, and maybe that is why I go through so much Maxicrop (which is actually inexpensive among the organic ferts), but it seems like I am able to minimize my mistakes with my current system. I just put it out there to think about, no harsh criticism is intended, my experience has just been that all cannabis is a heavy drinker. And all my OD plants have at least 5 fingers on every leaf set. Also, until sex is determined I am only into heavy bondage and do not cut the clones. I think more water to waste/flushing before nutes might be the answer. Just my two cents. Peace to everyone in the New Year.

Verite what is the ETA on Holy Grail beans so I can save up and be first in line?

The Afficianado

Latest posts

Latest posts