What's new

OPOP...One Pound..One Plant V

phate

Veteran
i think this one might make it if it can finish.

NYCD.....
attachment.php

Attachments

• 8-28-09 NYCD.jpg
    8-28-09 NYCD.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 14
D

dankitydank

BIGTEX....how long did you veg for? clones or seed? damn those are monsters. job well done.

B

BigTex

Thanks everyone. I started em inside in March and went outside in April. Long season, hot Texas sun, and LOTS of water. Oh they're from seed.

phate

Veteran
what about this one? this is a white widow in a greeenhouse taken about 2 weeks ago. i have the rot on the stalk cured.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 8-14-09 widow.jpg
    8-14-09 widow.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 8-14-09 Widow (2).jpg
    8-14-09 Widow (2).jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 16

phate

Veteran
what green? maybe the plant label? this plant is surrounded by trainwrecks, and ggxdp

floater

yes-
i recall Tom Hill from the OG days. He used hard wire mesh, some rebar/stakes, and some think pvc sheeting (or similar) to build massive containers on the order of 200 gallons. i also recall he being one of the first to really show the potential of massive containers yielding up to and beyond 100 oz. per plant (yes, one hundred ounces per plant)...

still, 200 gallons is a VERY large container. unless you have a few things- a climate VERY conducive to growing (aka very sunny, little rain- like nor cal) and have vegged the shit out of the plants for 2+ months, then 200 gallons is overkill for most- a waste of soil.

65 gallon container will grow 2 lbs per container with a decent strain and pre-vegging. if you're in a moderate climate, like mine, i would probably not go 200 gallons.

phate

Veteran
i used different sized containers this year. i made them all out of landcaping cloth, and chicken wire. i rototilled, and got all the roots from the ground, and placed the containers. then i filled them with organic goodness.

the widow container is 1' tall x 2' round. but it was placed on an old compost pile in the greenhouse. the nycd container is 1.5' round, and 3' high. it was just placed over some top soil/fill dirt.

i really like the custom open bottom cages for containers. they really allow alot more root growth.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Do you guys think the plastic sheeting over the plants is more of an attractant than having them open grow?

I am a legal grower, about to get some land to grow outdoors for a first time BUT more worried about assholes stealing my stuff versus getting raided. With that in mind, would a plastic covered plant on property catch a rippers eye more?

nomaad

Veteran
yes-
i recall Tom Hill from the OG days. He used hard wire mesh, some rebar/stakes, and some think pvc sheeting (or similar) to build massive containers on the order of 200 gallons. i also recall he being one of the first to really show the potential of massive containers yielding up to and beyond 100 oz. per plant (yes, one hundred ounces per plant)...

still, 200 gallons is a VERY large container. unless you have a few things- a climate VERY conducive to growing (aka very sunny, little rain- like nor cal) and have vegged the shit out of the plants for 2+ months, then 200 gallons is overkill for most- a waste of soil.

yeah... but if you ARE in norcal, you're a fool for NOT using 200 gallon pots. My homegirl who has been doing this for a while, rolled her eyes and bought 100's when I told her to go for 200's... she is crying when she looks at my blue dream... she has one too... was 4 feet tall when it went out... mine was 12 inches tall... still just a rooted clone... now mine is way bigger than hers. pot size has everything to do with it.

Is Tom Hill the same as Hill Temple Collective/Seeds?

yep. you are correct. hey... its been a while sincei cheacked in on your monsters.

Tom Hill

Veteran
Hey Nomaad,

Welcome to the world of exponential growth, where we build plants from down low - no matter where the garden is located. (just under 200 oz was my biggest plant ever) Let's go big on soil folks, otherwise we are stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime, imo.

picture.php

PS- "Is Tom Hill the same as Hill Temple Collective/Seeds?" - I know some folks get this confused but no, we are not the same.

nomaad

Veteran
Hey Tom... Nice plant. Is that an average plant, or one of the biggest? Strain? She in the ground? How big a hole? Soil mix? What's the green Ace bucket doing up in there?

I hate to be whore, but I hope you've seen my grow thread. At first, people were like "Love the Tom Hill style!" and, no offense, I'd never heard of you. Obviously, it took me about three clicks to figure out that I wasn't the first guy to do the big round container thing (not that I ever thought that I was)... anyhow... pre- or postgrow, you're an inspiration.

nomaad

Veteran
Hey Nomaad,
PS- "Is Tom Hill the same as Hill Temple Collective/Seeds?" - I know some folks get this confused but no, we are not the same.

wait...what? huh? i am confused. i have done my homework on this (a while back while doing research on the deep chunk cuz the name is groovy), but I guess I misinterpreted something. sorry.

Latest posts

Latest posts