What's new

OPOP...One Pound..One Plant V

madb

Madb, my clones have gotten just as big as my seedlings. The greenhouse above is all clones from my mothers and they're all around nine to ten feet.

I'm not sure how that rumor got started.

got it, thanks m8.

floater

great plants. seriously beautiful.

we had a SHITTY season here- whole month of june was rain, into july 30 of 35 days of rain, no sun. most folks lost A LOT if they were in ground. luckily, the majority we grew this year were in well-drained containers.

my question- which is better: two 3-4ft bushes that are 3ft wide, seriously stalky, or one 6ft monster x-mas tree? overall, i would love one six foot monster for keeping plant numbers down, and just being a rockingly massive plant. but i imagine 2 shorter bushes would yield more than one monster plant, as far as mass/volume goes. logic: there is less "loss" to shading of lower branches. thoughts?

again, don't want to distract from this awesome thread. very inspring. so many folks growing AMAZINGLY beautiful plants.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey all :smile:

I participated to this thread last year, but I don't think I ever posted the end results here. 4 plants = 3.7 kg dry, i.e almost two pounds per plant :woohoo:

558808_09_24_-002.JPG

They are ak47s by the way.

hey man, is that a greenhouse tent you got there? did you make it yourself?

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I might need to think about a 50 gal for this girl then I guess:

So far she is looking good, I might lollipop some of the lower areas to keep air flow up for her & keep moisture down, marine layer and all.

I'm pretty sure she will make it peeps.

how big is that pot you have there expert?

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that's not a half bad idea. when i have plants in buckets. i always dig a hole to set them in for that very reason.

.........question- which is better: two 3-4ft bushes that are 3ft wide, seriously stalky, or one 6ft monster x-mas tree? .........i imagine 2 shorter bushes would yield more than one monster plant, as far as mass/volume goes. logic: there is less "loss" to shading of lower branches. thoughts?

again, don't want to distract from this awesome thread. very inspring. so many folks growing AMAZINGLY beautiful plants.
I've grown outdoors for many years. Each year I have given my plants more grow room and they have grown bigger. Years ago, my plants were nice and bushy but smaller. They would yield a pound, maybe more. Now my plants grow huge and I get about 3.5 pounds average. I harvest them in stages taking all the top then middle buds. I leave the popcorn buds on the plant to fatten them up for another few weeks.
There are probably good points to both big and small plants. It depends on what your needs are.

madb

I've grown outdoors for many years. Each year I have given my plants more grow room and they have grown bigger. Years ago, my plants were nice and bushy but smaller. They would yield a pound, maybe more. Now my plants grow huge and I get about 3.5 pounds average. I harvest them in stages taking all the top then middle buds. I leave the popcorn buds on the plant to fatten them up for another few weeks.
There are probably good points to both big and small plants. It depends on what your needs are.

GG do you find that you are able to get these incredible yields from most strains or is it just a few particiular varieties?

beer batter

have a look at theas grow bags, pots. http://www.smartpots.com/ their as big as 100-200gallon. if someone had a tracktor or something to ammend a shit load of soil at a time with many pounds of dr earth starter fertilizer and compost and kelpmeal.. im not sure what tom hill used but i recall he filled his reveral hundred gallon bags with FFOF or some other spendy bag soil -thats crazy though, even for a truckload(s) of local dirt it could be spendy ammending then filling 6-12 200gallon pots. but just imagen it, tom hill inspired alot of people but i dont know how he made his rigs theas a thread on here suposedly about cloth and wire frame pots
thats a 100gallon smart pot
photo-10.jpg

tomhill was getting what 10 pounds per

nomaad

Veteran
-thats crazy though, even for a truckload(s) of local dirt it could be spendy ammending then filling 6-12 200gallon pots. but just imagen it,

LOL. Yeah... just imagine it... or evn better.. do it.

Have a look at my grow, linked below... first canna grow ever. 18x65 gallon smart pots in light dep and 18x200 gallon smartpots full season, legal, norcal. Never had heard of Tom Hill till my plants were in their pots. I do know a guy called Weed Santa, though- can't take all the credit for devising my system. the grow is linked in my sig.

If you really want to see Tom Hill style, look at Fisher's Farm thread. He's doin a little something we call KILLIN IT. He will probably pull Some 7lbers and some 10's. I'll be happy with an average of 5... ecstatic, actually.

nomaad

Veteran
I wish I had vegged a week or 10 days longer in my 65's... looking at the root systems after harvest, I think it would have doubled my yield.

you have a thread for your grow in the 45's?

nomaad

Veteran
nice one Tex. your grow is in the wrong place, man... i never know when you have updated. awesome forest. purdy flowers!