What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old seeds, new weeds and light feeds.

Bmac1

Veteran
Thanks for popping by guys. Hope to be a nice push to the finish line and see what these ladies provide me with. I have high hopes.

SmellyFlorist

I have high hopes for your run too... everything looks super sweet and they look real happy... much respect... Iv noticed a bamboo stake or two... Sorry If Iv missed it before but whats you plan with regards to training and such... you gonna add a screen of some sorts... or just space em by hand as you go...?? All the best... Im watching eagerly...

Bmac1

Veteran
Just a stake here and there to keep them from falling into the light. I did some pruning etc to thin them out but the pruning for vert growing is still something I am learning on the fly. I could have done a better job on some of these. Once I find a nice keeper or three, I like to use less plants but in vert screens.

Bmac1

Veteran
My pruning could definitely have been a bit better. The 2 stand outs so far in my opinion are the ones I did the worst job on in my opinion. The chemsour x SSCDH f2 and the purple dream. They are the frostiest and the nicest smelling but also look to be the smallest yielders. When I look at either of them and give em a little pinch and sniff, I am immediately smiling and cant wait to see how they turn out.

The Pre98 bubba x DPD and the DSD are the fattest so far by a decent margin but there is nothing about either that brings a smile to my face like the 2 previously mentioned ones.

The WiFi x GhostRider OG has that nice kushy funk to it and decent frost but nothing spectacular as of yet.

I know there is plenty of time to go as I am only about half way but my thoughts thus far are that the 2 I did the worst job on are the 2 early standouts as keepers. This was a pheno hunt so I wont get down about it at all as I should get some nice variety.

Some pics to follow either today or tomorrow.

Cheers!

Bmac1

Veteran
Group shot from day 38 of 12/12.

picture.php

DSD - The most brown pistils so far. May be an early finisher.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Coming along beautifully!

Those labels on the stakes. OCD. I'm tempted to scratch this monitor screen just to get them off :D

Just rambling thoughts that come into the head. I love that style though, I've never been a fan of rotting bamboo disease sticks.

Bmac1

Veteran
Lol, sorry to trigger the OCD Mikell. They are the plastic/rubber coated metal ones though, not bamboo but I couldnt be buggered with peeling them off now. I dont think 2 of them are even the same height, they have been cut to size here and there in the past.

Looking back over the previous post and the pics, Im not sure why I was so pessimistic this morning, lol. It sounded even worse when I read it this evening. I am very happy thus far, just a few things that I can see that need improving next time.

The pre98 bubba cross has a lot going for it and the Wifi cross is looking like some dank OG for sure. The DSD maybe I have lesser hopes for as I never really got anything good out of the first half of the pack. It hit hard but was pretty low on smell, flavor and bag appeal. All things I hold in a high regard. Still plenty of time for me to be converted though, lol.

Bmac1

Veteran
Sad to report that I was a little aggressive with a cut back on the male DSD I had been keeping and after a transplant to a bigger pot, he just didnt recover. Oh well, onward and upward.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oi, always sucks losing a plant. I'd trade a sackful of ginger orphans for the mum I lost this summer... back ups, back ups, backs ups, he always says, except this one lady he loses.

Things can always take an upturn in the cure :) Still got the next round to plan, with two ladies to tease all sorts of lovely out of.

[youtubeif]L2Wx230gYJw[/youtubeif]

:D

ISM2

WOW! I jumped from the, "...I can't believe these were in solo cups...," to the BIG, frosty, cola pics. Looking quite tasty!!

I noticed some of the leaves are folding and curling. What causes that?

Bmac1

Veteran
Im not 100% sure. Humidity got a little low for a bit and that can cause the taco effect. They are fed a little light so Im not certain on the clawing which could be too much N. Could be a bit o close to the light as well. Ive had to pull some branches back a bit further.

SmellyFlorist

Other than that ever so slight clawing you mention that wouldnt dampen my spirits too much, Id say things are continuing to look great... some nice frost coming...:dance013: looking forward to the next few weeks... continue doing what you doing :tiphat:

Bmac1

Veteran
Here is another photo dump from day 43 of 12/12.

Had to pull the plants back a little as the light is just a bit too intense for them it seems.

Group shot

picture.php

DSD - She is pretty fat with medium density buds. Quite a few orange hairs but still looks like the calyx's have much more swelling to do yet. Not a lot of smell on this one at all now. Not looking to be a standout but I have a couple cuts just in case.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Purple Dream - Great density on these buds and a very sweet, berry funk and good frost. Doesnt look like it will be a very big yielder but dense buds can be deceiving.

picture.php

ChemSour x SSCDH f2 - This is seems to be the real standout in my eyes. Thick frost on this one, the buds are starting to swell nicely and it has the most intoxicating smell that just brings a smile to my face every time I touch it. The best I can describe it is like rotting fruit/berries and burnt rubber. I cannot wait to try this out and I would hazard a guess that this may be the only "keeper" from this round and that is high praise with what genetics are in there. Not that there is anything wrong with the others but I have determined that I need to dig through the seed stash a bit and need to stick to high criteria for any keepers.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Pre98 bubba x DPD - This one has great structure, sturdy stems and dense buds. Has a milder fruity/kushy funk going on and looks like it will yield quite well. I have a hard time letting go of anything nice so I will be up for some very hard decisions at the end of this run.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts