Old seeds, new weeds and light feeds.

Bmac1

Hey folks, back at it again. I had some landlord issues and lost my beloved WiFi and SLH mums. On the bright side, it forced me to dig into the treasure trove of beans I have and I decided to crack some of the older ones as well as some of the newer ones that I have been gifted recently.

The landlord issues had me on edge and I have been procrastinating and procrastinating some more with this new round of seeds. They are still in solo cups and will be potted up today. I am just getting the tent set up now, after the post break ;-)

I held off and held off to make sure the landlord wasnt suspicious and with the coast being clear for some time now, its go time.

I currently have the following females:

2 - Rez DSD
2 - ChemSour x SSCDH F2
1 - Bodhi Sunshine Daydream
1 - WiFi x Ghostrider OG
1 - Outlaw Pre98 bubba x DPD
1 - GDP Purple Dream

I also have a DSD male that I am hanging onto for shits and giggles and may work him into something if he is worthwhile.

I have done 8 2 gal pots around the vertical 600W HPS in my 5 x 5 Darkroom tent but I would like to use bigger pots. I am not exactly sure if I will go with the 8 2 gal or if I will hold back a DSD and a Chemsour x SSCDH and go with 6 3 gal pots. I will decide shortly.

I will be feeding along the lines of the Lucas formula, nice and light with some Silica, maybe some cal-mag and some Bio Roots.

Ill get some pics up once the setup is done in a couple hours.

Cheers!

vostok

Until you resolve you 'landlord issues' who is to say this lot ain't gonna turn out like the last lot..
..just saying?

Bmac1

It was more paranoia than anything. LL just took over a month to fix a plumbing issue.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Loving your thread title!!

Try keeping a packed down box in the house that fits a standardised modular horticulture tray this will enable you to use a 24hour light cycle for mums & cuttings and with keeping them small your able to pack them away in but 5 mins! put them in your wardrobe or in the car boot.

"HEMPEROR"

hey bro just nippin in to say atb with your grow and i look forward to reading your updates!.........hemp

Bmac1

Ive chosen to hold back 1 each of the DSD and the chemsour x SSCDH f2 so it will be 6 3 gallon pots. I may pick up 2 more though, lol. Pics tomorrow.

Bmac1

All nestled into the new digs. Got the 600 running @ 50% for a few days. Then I will bump it to 75% for a few days and then after a couple days with a new bulb and full power, they will get flipped.

Crazy to think these were in solo cups up till yesterday.

picture.php

SSDD

picture.php

DSD

picture.php

Bmac1

WiFi x Ghostroder OG in the front and pre98 bubba x DPD in the back.

picture.php

Purple Dream in the front with Chemsour x SSCDH f2 in the back.

picture.php

Bmac1

Im loving the vigor all are showing thus far but the Purple Dream's structure is screaming for my vert screens.

Miraculous Meds

Liking the circle of love u got going bro. Ive had plants 3 times that size in solo cups. Not good because at 3' in solo cups they are so root bound it takes them forever to spread their roots into a new pot. Urs look about perfect for the transplant. What did u go into 2 gallon pots? It will be fine but things would go a little faster if u went to 1 gallon first then two, but it adds more work.

Bmac1

Generally I would go from solos to 1 or 2 gal then to 5-7 gal. I like to build up the root ball for sure but with how long ive dragged my but on these, I wanted to let them spready their wings. If they are slow out of the gate, I dont mind. Gives me a bit more time to maybe coax some more tops out of them.

Thanks for stopping by.

Ph-patrol

Hey Bmac1.
Every thing is looking good.Dealing with a landlord can create bit of an unstable situation.
Keeping an escape plan is a good idea. A better Idea is to buy a house if you have the means.
I know we are buds and all but I am authentically interested in this grow. For grow style reasons. Im thinking of reducing my 5gal down to 3gal, cloth or plastic containers.

I like the way your starting off low with your light .Thats some thing I do to.
Has every thing shown there sex yet ?

Bmac1

They are all single ladies in the tent, lol. I wil keep the bulb just above the tips so that they reach for it and hopefully branch out. Once stretch is done, I will lower it into the donut a bit to maximize the light.

We are looking into buying a place as we speak. ITs the damn down payment that is the hardest to scrape together.

My preference is fewer plants in larger pots but being a pheno hunt, Id like to search through 6-8 at the very least. Once I can nail down 3-4 good mothers, I will revert back to the VSCROG with 4 plants in the 7-10 gallon pots.

Bmac1

4 of the 6 needed something to drink this morning. Lucas formula with GH Bio Root and some Silica.They are drooping a bit and a couple have a little leaf twist going on. Not sure if its transplant shock or just getting used to the HPS from the CFL.

I am going to turn the ballast up to 75% this afternoon. They should perk up quickly.

SmellyFlorist

Bmac1... wasup....:tiphat:
Sorry to hear bout your recent security issues.... looks like you got things back on track thou :biggrin:really enjoyed your last wifi/slh grow...:dance013:
Hope you dont mind me hanging back here for the show....
All the best.

Smelly

Bmac1

Come one, come all. Glad you enjoyed the last show. Both were very special plants that I Was sad to see go. I do have more WiFi beans and am confident I Will find more keepers in there and I do need to get a couple packs of SLH for the vault. I Do have a couple nice crosses of SLH though.

Bmac1

Switched the ballast to 75% power last night. Upon looking at the plants, they are telling me they would like some Mg. I have a bottle of CalMag but Im thinking its a waste of money. I am thinking I will just add epsom salt @ 1-2 tbsp/gal with the next feed. I have used Cal Mag now for the past couple grows and I think some of the symptoms I dealt with were Calcium toxicity. So live and learn and I am going to go without it this run.

I also did a bit of super cropping on all but the PD.

Bmac1

Today I took a few cuttings off the 2 females that were held back (CDSD x SSSCDH f2 and DSD) as well as the DSD male. I will see how they root and then maybe keep mothers from those cuts. If not, I will keep the plants I took cuttings from and bonsai them till I can get around to trying them out.

All 3 of the above smell but the male is just rank. Smells like burnt rubber and skunk ass.

I am also going to do a bit of LST to spread the plants out a bit and get a few more tops. Another day @450W and then I Will put the new bulb in and kick it up to 100% (600W). A few days after that, I will flip the switch. Cuts will be taken from all to keep as back up till I see how they grow and smoke and decide what makes the cut. Its going to be a lovely problem to have in a few months.