What's new

Old School White Widow

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Aloha widow was claimed to be a cutting stolen from the white widow on display at the High Times cup.Even if they stole a flower with some stem odds of it getting roots and re vegging is low if at all so story's a myth.

At the end of the day people should research it them self's go to MrNice read peoples grow reports smoke reports and any other persons seeds they want to grow.

The one place out side of Mrnice i read good reports from people on the White widow seeds was Nirvana Seeds.

ctg

Veteran
I just ran aloha ww from an extremely old seed lot. Had three germ all fems. Nothing over the top flavorful. Super Stoney but not top notch herb by any means. Way back when I was a teen prob 1983 (Colorado), one of our grower friends had a plant that was sat dom and completely frosted when done. I mean white-white. It had to be related in some way to the orig ww has the same flavor profile but 20 times extreme. Like black widow on roids.
Maybe a grand parent or something. Had full on sour funk flavor, extreme expansion and almost hallucinogenic high.. super pot for sure. I bet he wishes he still had it. Was some of the most extreme cannabis I’ve ever had.

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
The one place out side of Mrnice i read good reports from people on the White widow seeds was Nirvana Seeds.

Nirvana seeds is said to have bought seeds from GHS at that cup. They have been knocking them off ever since. It's why that up until today you keep reading good reviews and feedback from their seeds.

Actually the very first White Widow seeds I ever bought so many years ago was from them. I didn't have much money back then and they were (and still are) cheap. I thought at first it got to be watered down or something and I wanted a pack from those other fancy seed banks, but then I got around to sample my grow... It blew me away just like the real deal being sold in the coffeeshops. Killer weed.

It's been years since I grew some Nirvana White Widow. But a year or 3 ago I grew their Crystal. It's a WW cross with some Indica. Damn strong stuff.
I have loads more of their gear and have grown quite some strain from them. Up until today they have never let me down. They have always have had a bad reputation for being 'reproducers', but their gear is solid and their prices very low. Pirates, but good ones.

Breadwizard

I'm wondering this as well, lots of crossover there. Interesting to see that Hawaii x Maui waui mentions skunk, so if the two brands have related stock, would that make Nirvana's Hawaii maui waui Maui Waui x Island sweet skunk? (Or some other Hawaiian skunk)

Was that web site something to do with nirvana.?..seem to have the same stuff as them around the time....the description vapour bud gives sounds like nirvana ww too.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
40Amps..I grew the sensi/white label a few times from them when it was still good, and also crossed with it a few times and it was an AWESOME breeding plant, one thing though is that that fruity side sits just dormant even in the super dank indica buds on sativa sticks mentholly hashy version i remember, when I crossed with it stupid fruit flavours would often rear their heads..One batch of skunk widow I made, every seed was the best plant of that year..epic epic smoke of skunky skunky creamy and so fruity that kicked your arse like a mule..The few blueberry widows that I had tried are also super fruity..Makes sense that a breeder of the line could or would select to the fruity side, in the backcross to the right parent or f2 it must be real fruity..In the later sensi crappy ones, they were all lemony so whatever line if somehow related the decendants being sold as WW being selected from the lemon side of the genepool in whatever f2's were being bred, if related at all to the original..

ramse

the confusion arises from the fact that before Shanti created the White widow (south India x Brazil) clones were circulating that contained in the name the adjective "white". these cuts had no correlation with Shanti's creation. Some people despite being aware of this fact used the confusion of names used in a clandestine market to confuse buyers, take advantage and discredit Shanti's work.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
the confusion arises from the fact that before Shanti created the White widow (south India x Brazil) clones were circulating that contained in the name the adjective "white". these cuts had no correlation with Shanti's creation. Some people despite being aware of this fact used the confusion of names used in a clandestine market to confuse buyers, take advantage and discredit Shanti's work.

So you're just going to ignore the fact that Shanti himself confirmed the existence of a white Widow clone before he made his?

ramse

I had not seen the Dolce Vita video interview... Shanti says exactly what I wrote above... White Widow is just a name.. the White Widow that won the cup is the Brazil x South India he created

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Does anyone know what Afghan went into making White rhino? Supposedly it was an NL, IDK.

@hempy do you have any idea?

TheDarkStorm

It was originally described as a north amarican indica. The other half of the rino....made the original rino smoke kinda harsh an not the best tasting...but it was strong....when we first started getting all the white lines and youd weigh the buds or look in the bottom of your bag there would be loads an loads of crystals....so many that we'd build joints ov it....the bud used to just have so many..huge crystals theyd literally be falling off.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
OJD recently acquired an old White Rhino cut, but I wouldn't hold my breath for S1's.

S.a.n.n.i.e.s Mad Scientist (old WW x Herijuana) might be my best bet for that old style WR KO.

Also before anyone say Medicine man, I can tell you it's not the same as the original (different parents).

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Medicine man is white Rhino name was changed i have seed of that from early 2000s stored real small seed to.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Medicine man is white Rhino name was changed i have seed of that from early 2000s stored real small seed to.

@hempy I know you've seen the post on MNS forum about people receiving Medicine man made with different parents. If Medman isn't made with the same carbon copy parents of the originals then it's not the same WR.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
@hempy I know you've seen the post on MNS forum about people receiving Medicine man made with different parents. If Medman isn't made with the same carbon copy parents of the originals then it's not the same WR.

No i never read posts saying that Royal the Med Man i got as i said was around 2001/2002 and the seeds were tiny i asked if they were MM shanti he said they were i got my order direct.

I have never grown them there in storage but back then all i read was how good they were by people growing them posting in his forum at CW.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
No i never read posts saying that Royal the Med Man i got as i said was around 2001/2002 and the seeds were tiny i asked if they were MM shanti he said they were i got my order direct.

I have never grown them there in storage but back then all i read was how good they were by people growing them posting in his forum at CW.

You're a lucky guy @hempy, those seeds might be 10x better then what's being sold as Medman now.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
You're a lucky guy @hempy, those seeds might be 10x better then what's being sold as Medman now.

I cant say Royal all the seed i got was early vintage i got noid after 9/11 happened so got what i wanted before the huge changes.

So all my research on set lines was done mostly before that and just after so whats being posted even 5 years ago i am not aware of.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
I recently inherited what is supposedly the legendary Puna White Widow cut from the Big Island, that was super popular in the early 2000's. It made some of the best bubble hash ever but I think people grew tired of it because it was the only strain people were smoking for a few years.

My friend I got it from filled many rooms with her back in the day but moved away to Colorado for a while and eventually moved back during the 2018 lava flow to help his dad relocate and recently sourced the cut back from one of his friends.

He threw a trash bag over my fence a month ago when I wasn't home, with some leftover mother plants he just chopped and I was able to root a few cuts off them. Good thing he did too, because a few weeks after he tells me his partner fucked up all his cuts and he lost everything. I still need to flower them out to confirm its the same old school cut, the smell and taste of the flowers is engrained in my memory pretty well but I never had the chance to grow the strain.