The Haze Whisperer
Dose it look like this by chance ?

picture.php

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will make S1 of the old White Rhino cut for sure and a whole hyrbid line with it.

The S1 Rhino project will start at the end of the year but before that il hit the White Rhino clone with the Original Diesel clone Reversed pollen next month for a new age Hashplant ( i wont be calling it
Hashplant but Resin of both of these plants are insane and x will create a Resin machine for sure .)
OJD recently acquired an old White Rhino cut, but I wouldn't hold my breath for S1's.

S.a.n.n.i.e.s Mad Scientist (old WW x Herijuana) might be my best bet for that old style WR KO.

Also before anyone say Medicine man, I can tell you it's not the same as the original (different parents).

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OJD recently acquired an old White Rhino cut, but I wouldn't hold my breath for S1's.

I came by that WR cut a few years ago and passed it to OJD recently... after he identified it as the 'North London White Rhino' - which was a big commercial cut up there about 20 years ago.
Ive already done a couple of crosses with it, and the success of the WR x pre-98 bubba FEM cross (more potent than both of its parents) really peaked my interest in it for breeding before i knew that it was a named WR cut. Cross to C4DD is testing atm.

Anyway i'm just about to try and make S1s and some fem crosses with it. spraying sts next week i think. Not tried to reverse it yet so not sure how easy it will be. fingers crossed.

not got many pics, this was done in a little cab under an 84 LED
picture.php

picture.php

VG

St. Phatty

The best White Widow I've ever had was from Bro Grimm, I believe from his old partner Sly.

There was one plant that had a Hazelnut smell, like Frangelica, the liqueur.

Not just one hit shit, GOOD one hit shit.

probably good for Insomnia too.

vinrusso

October 1990 in Amsterdam I remember people talking about the new "White Widow" strain. The menus back then were Skunk #1, Northern lights, Haze and a few others. I bought 7 grams. Very unique smell in 1990 of juicyfruit, that smell became more common later. I do remember it being more Sativa than WW today

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
October 1990 in Amsterdam I remember people talking about the new "White Widow" strain. The menus back then were Skunk #1, Northern lights, Haze and a few others. I bought 7 grams. Very unique smell in 1990 of juicyfruit, that smell became more common later. I do remember it being more Sativa than WW today

Very interesting..I got to grow and sample her right at the end of the 90's and into the early 2000's and it was a hybrid with very indi like buds but with big calyx's on very thick stemmed sativa stretching plants with huge wide leaves, though around the same time we grew a greenhouse seeds version that was very nice but really sativa and very different, looked half haze to be honest but super strong and resinous..Later late 2000s growing sensi's version again it was different to what they used to sell, very sativa like, still hybrid but more so than I remember and all very lemony and very high mold resistance in that lot but way different to before and the weed itself nothing to write home about, but before it was special..funny how it changes back and forth..I wonder what the breeders cut was like hahaha

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Got a bulk seedbank "white widow" going into flower now, as well as an "Black widow" from Mr Nice from old Bou stock...and a White Widow x Skunk#1 from Cultivators choice/SamS...Got two boys and a girl of those.

3 weeks in now or so and the Skunk/widow looks the most so far like the widow of late 90's early 2000's that I loved and remember, which was the Sensi stock. It looks very reminiscent of the old widow in fact, busting out huge buds at the moment, tennis balls of white hairs and fat single leaves like the widow used to..Im holding thumbs for this gal. Got a whole span of the new age stuff in flower next to them, and chi's beans like NL/chem and Cindy99/Chem and the new age stuff mostly has puny buds compared to these..granted new age stuff is caked at the moment but there is old school stuff in assesment that is just as caked, and the older stuff packs on at the end anyway so early is no real test..Also some new age stuff is stacking like anything..

Back to the widows, the bulk seedbank stuff looks a splitting image of the old GH seeds widow which was a haze hybrid then by my guess after filling a room with it back in the day and pulling my hair out at week ten with it climbing all over the lights and not near done, the bulk seedbankplant smelling though spot on for the soft lemons of the newer different to older Sensi version..I've pulled those plants and put them outside as they are taking up light for other plants and one can see the loooong flower already coming..The black widow from 2000's I think, is stacking but more of a sativa version of the widow side of the ganja family but with very thin leaves, but bud stack looking very similar to the SamS cross of unknown age (heard it to be sometime in the 90's mid ?)

Time will tell..If that widow skunk is mold resistant from her dad, and stacks like she looks like she is doing..then I will be very happy..I have all sorts of stuff waiting for some of that in its life that is not shy in thc dept..but lacking otherwise..

Last edited:

Oli88

Dose it look like this by chance ?

picture.php
The buds are slimmer with longer internodes and the structure/appearance of the resin glands is very unique to the point that crosses made with the widow are easy to pick out. People have crossed it with everything here in HI.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Ah widow.
Used to be my first smoke after arriving in Amsterdam, early and mid 2000s …. Special bag for €20 from speakeasy coffee shop (choice of widow or k2 if I remember)
Was always surprised by the mild aroma but instant head punch.
Ahh memories.
I bought some seeds from an ad in the back of viz magazine in around 1999/2000 , jack herer x nl5 haze, grew some 8ft beasts done In November uk. - they also had white widow listed and described it as an unstable hybrid which put me off

Oli88

Ah widow.
Used to be my first smoke after arriving in Amsterdam, early and mid 2000s …. Special bag for €20 from speakeasy coffee shop (choice of widow or k2 if I remember)
Ahh memories.
I bought some seeds from an ad in the back of viz magazine in around 1999/2000 , jack herer x nl5 haze, grew some 8ft beasts done In November uk. - they also had white widow listed and described it as an unstable hybrid which
Ah widow.
Ahh memories.
I bought some seeds from an ad in the back of viz magazine in around 1999/2000 , jack herer x nl5 haze, grew some 8ft beasts done In November uk. - they also had white widow listed and described it as an unstable hybrid which put me off
Yes this cut is not very strong smelling it’s almost astringent. It’s very strong though I actually don’t like the high it’s just too much too fast.

mr.brunch

Veteran
I had a friend or two who avoided the widow despite being heavy smokers because they didn’t like the head hit.
I liked to travel overnight to Amsterdam, road trip from the uk, arriving 7 am or so to a fat joint of widow and a coffee- head blasting after an overnight drive 😵‍💫🫠

greencalyx

Premium user
I was just thinking of white widow last night. It really doesn't get mentioned much nowadays despite the impact it had.

Wonder if anyone still has the Sharon cut?

St. Phatty

I was just thinking of white widow last night. It really doesn't get mentioned much nowadays despite the impact it had.

Wonder if anyone still has the Sharon cut?

I've only had a few strains that were in the same ballpark as White Widow smoke-wise.

Ancient seeds from Humboldt & Mendo, seeds picked from Sinsemilla.

Romulan.

Apollo 11.

Romberry.

Double G, Sensi G13 x Hashplant x BCGA "Space Queen" G13 x Cinderella

Cookie crosses

I haven't seen a White Widow that was a Heavy Yielder.

The seed versions of Chem & OG that I had were good but I only had a few.

Blueberry Headband is good but I don't think it's as good as White Widow. But maybe if a person grew out a 100.

Once I did grow out a 100 of Mexican Press brick Mersh. -1- seed was very special, super resiny & Skunky.