What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old School White Widow

strangebabylon

Popped 3 Black Widow from Mr.Nice just to get a small sample and ended up with one female. The males were one thin leafed sativa dominant and one fat leafed Indica dominant. The female is inbetween these in leaf shape and she grow sturdy n bushy with tight spacing between nodes. Gonna let her veg for 1-2 more weeks then grab a clone before letting her flower

Attachments

• 20230210_100442.jpg
    20230210_100442.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 66

WoodyHazeFTW

I remember the White Widow and guy named "Paul" used to grow in Central Ohio in the early 00's. I'm currently growing 5 Sharon White Widow x c99 fem from Dominion Seed Co. These pics are from a couple days ago. Very easy to grow great positive stretch w/bud sites appearing from thin air. Pics are from beginning/middle of week 3.

Attachments

• 20230216_154802.jpg
    20230216_154802.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 61
  • 20230216_154752.jpg
    20230216_154752.jpg
    991.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 20230216_154706.jpg
    20230216_154706.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 49

Nannymouse

Hmmmm, i'm trying to think back to the old trader daze. As i remember it, Pacific purchased Black Widow seed...and used a microscope to choose male breeder stock, by looking for trichs on the tiny baby plants. That was done to find a suitable mate for the G13.

I didn't know that Pacific had a famous WW cut. Pacific's fame was all about the PG13 cut. I could be wrong, going from memory.

St. Phatty

I just got 6 White Widow in the mail.

I forget the brand. Dinafem, maybe.

I've had irregular results with the potting soil I use for seedlings so I'm doing one last test of 2 different mixes, using a batch of Blueberry Headband crosses.

No sowbugs or baby centipedes in the test soil mix !

madalasatori

Veteran
I had a friend or two who avoided the widow despite being heavy smokers because they didn’t like the head hit.
I liked to travel overnight to Amsterdam, road trip from the uk, arriving 7 am or so to a fat joint of widow and a coffee- head blasting after an overnight drive 😵‍💫🫠
I remember on our first trips to Amsterdam late 90s as teens we smoked everything and anything, smoked some rastas under the table. My pal had a joint of widow from the doors and had to go and sit outside in the snow staring at the floor. Fucker didn’t say a word for half an hour, for the first time in his life 😂trance weed

mr.brunch

Veteran
I remember on our first trips to Amsterdam late 90s as teens we smoked everything and anything, smoked some rastas under the table. My pal had a joint of widow from the doors and had to go and sit outside in the snow staring at the floor. Fucker didn’t say a word for half an hour, for the first time in his life 😂trance weed
🤣
We took a friend for a New Year’s Eve Amsterdam run (arrive 6:30 am, stay one night and return New Year’s Day.
He was a light smoker and just puffed on ours for the first few coffeeshops. Went into greenhouse up near central station and I bought some Hawaiian snow which had zero bag appeal but hit like a train.
Unknown to me, He got a bag of the same… 😵‍💫then we had to take him to the hotel where he stayed in bed until the evening, we had to encourage him out or he would have missed NYE.

madalasatori

Veteran
Ha! Your early morning arrivals bring back memories - we used to get the dam express coach that used to advertise in the back of lads mags. Was like £40 return or something stupid. Would get the bus after the pub on a Friday night and get there early sat morning, best times of my life.

I never tried the Hawaiian snow but heard it was something else. I always used to enjoy the Indian hashes, used to get the best body buzz.

Bit off topic but dam talk got me reminiscing 😎

Aaront596

The original White Widow is Black Widow that is sold by Shantibaba from Mrnice.
He took the parent plants with him when he left Green House Seeds.
Look into all the drama that is around White Widow...

Also paradise seeds sell an IBL line from the original cut.
Thank you this was the exact information I was looking for and I found it in about a half a second because of your post. Thanks!

Reactions: Cvh

OleReynard

Original White Widow tasted like medicine.
There was no fruity nothing in an original pack from Greenhouse seed.
Took a pic of her with a Polaroid it was like what the hell is that, it was just a ghostly white blob much like a blast of steam.
Sure wish I had that girl

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Though at a point in early 2000's the greenhouse widow became remarkably hazey..Which today would be awesome LOL..but was a shade on the widow proper. Real medicinal flavour to it, like cough syrup I've always said..With maybe some berry grape maybe backend, but like cough syrup that has a little flavour to it.. and yes it was stupor weed. We had some other amazing stuff but a spliff of the old widow would shut any party down and everyone be on the couch staring into space.

Asentrouw

Got any fond memories of that late 90's prime white widow?

This strain was before my time and I never got a chance to get to know it. I know it's considered legendary but it's hard to find much info on what made it so special.

What was the best pheno like? Got any smoke reports? Pics?

I'm running some f2's of supposed older stock and got phenos all over the place, from heavy indica to heavy sativa.

That was the one strain that made me stop with pot for over a decade after a big anxiety attack. But it got the job done for sure. 🤣

It was the nr1 strain on the Dutch coffeeshops menu around the millenium (could just aswell be PP or other white strains) and then widely available as clone at the growshops. So I don't understand all the drama about the "real" WW seeds and it's origins, as anyone had the chance to selfed these.

I think it became hyped because it was quite strong and widely available at the shops.

Never grew it myself, so can't comment on particular pheno's. But saw them at a friend and they look like the regular sativa/indica hybrids. Buds looked greyish, round pumped up calixes covered with dense crystals, didn't smell very special or mighty strong (bit citric, sweet), quite strong effects though.

Many times it gave me a bit uneasy feeling, so not my cup of thea. I did grow Snow White once (I think its a cross of WW with NL), very easy plant done in about 9 weeks. But still gave me that same feeling, so I try to stay away from it now. 😅

I have a pack of Linda Seeds WW lying around, few bucks a pack. Might try that for fun, wonder if these can be the real deal. 🤔

Last edited:

madalasatori

Veteran
I’m vaping some now from 00 seeds. Tastes and smells cabbagey but with a pleasant trancelike effect. Probably more on the sativa side of the effects spectrum but some couchlock.

Interesting herb it has good anti anxiety effect for me too

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Preferred the white rhino myself, I assume they were related. Strangely the pure rhino was a bit shit.
Sam's White Rhino x Skunk was impressive. Serious PM resistance, though that was found in all the skunk x's, but not great botritus resistance, massive colas and very resinous, indica leaning hybrid. The other skunk x's very very sativa leaning. Floral and armpits/toejam was the terp profile of those.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
@LostTribe what way does it lean? Sat or indica, or in the middle hybrid. Are there lots of pheno's or is it consistent
Its just as it is Ind/sat hybrid very uniform strain.
Iv got keeper its all musky lemons...taste vise one of the best tasting strain I have atm. Close to Bruce and this modern stuff....pure musky lime bit green apple...
High is very clear at begining and very energetic later it become pure bliss...
Extrem resistency on heat,pests...fast rooting.

Overall I think its one of the best cutting I have right now.

Latest posts

Latest posts