What's new

OG Kush

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe Budden

Damn these are some hot pics, I hope to get some of the fire OG, thats if CC or Rez decide to sell, well I know cc said he will but dunno what Rez is going to do with it.

funkybudah

OG McBLunt

OG McBLunt

Well I have been smoking the original Larry cut of OG kush for two years now, and quite frankly it has replaced every other form of Da Kine for me. I find that with the Larry cut OG there is not only no tolerance but it is one of the most well rounded medicinal strains on the planet. Keep rocking the OG
Takin the planet over one bud at a time

LionsRoor

Lets call it like it is all of the so called cuts of OG are from some bag seeds that people have put there names on. And more than a few of them do over lap each other. Hell all of this talk about the OG's is a bunch of shyt. L.A. Con is nothing but OG Kush and don't let anyone tell you different.

Perhaps this has been mentioned. I am sorry if this is duplicate info. I don't mean to be argumentative or a know-it-all.

I have done quite a bit of research - on actual specimens, and while God only knows for sure, this is the most widely accepted info on LA Con and OG Kush. This info has also been confirmed by Jason King in his third version of the Cannabible.. LA Confidential has no OG in it! LA Conf is closer to Bubba Kush (actually a pheno of Bubba?). Bubba and LA Conf both grow classic Indica style - as all Kush is Indica - EXCEPT OG Kush. OG Kush is a kush only in name and is primarily a Sativa. It is closer to Sour D and has quite a bit of Chemdawg in it too. It grows long and lanky Sativa style. I prefer the OG, and that is all I grow now - though I still have that LA Conf in my pocket!

Reasons why I feel (the real) OG Kush is, currently, the best strain.

1. The flavor is incredible!

2. The high is uplifiting and has no cieling.

3. It grows well in all climates and is extremely resistant to pests, mold, and fungus (though gnats seem to love fragrance of the OG - can you blame 'em?)

4. It has extremely uniform smoke qualtiy from all sizes of buds. The small popcorns taste almost as good as the finest top colas.

5. She is a Sativa dominant plant that you can grow really well indoors.

6. The round, golf ball like, nuggets have very few leaves protruding from the buds. This makes for an easy trim - more of a plucking than a trimming - and it makes for minimal internal branching. You can smoke just about every bit of matter in your sack of OG.

7. She currently commands the most $ at clubs - and is often bought on name alone. (according to the Cannabible, cuts have been sold for $20K). I do not doubt this, as I have been offered 5K more than once!

An inspiring thought:

While I have not given out these genetics (I gave my word), they have been stolen from me! Eventually, I hope everybody has this one as the world just can't have too much of the real OG Kush!

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not long till i start my kush seed run i have a few nice mixes...

bterzz

Veteran
Perhaps this has been mentioned. I am sorry if this is duplicate info. I don't mean to be argumentative or a know-it-all.

I have done quite a bit of research - on actual specimens, and while God only knows for sure, this is the most widely accepted info on LA Con and OG Kush. This info has also been confirmed by Jason King in his third version of the Cannabible.. LA Confidential has no OG in it! LA Conf is closer to Bubba Kush (actually a pheno of Bubba?). Bubba and LA Conf both grow classic Indica style - as all Kush is Indica - EXCEPT OG Kush. OG Kush is a kush only in name and is primarily a Sativa. It is closer to Sour D and has quite a bit of Chemdawg in it too. It grows long and lanky Sativa style. I prefer the OG, and that is all I grow now - though I still have that LA Conf in my pocket!

1. The flavor is incredible!

2. The high is uplifiting and has no cieling.

3. It grows well in all climates and is extremely resistant to pests, mold, and fungus (though gnats seem to love fragrance of the OG - can you blame 'em?)

4. It has extremely uniform smoke qualtiy from all sizes of buds. The small popcorns taste almost as good as the finest top colas.

5. She is a Sativa dominant plant that you can grow really well indoors.

6. The round, golf ball like, nuggets have very few leaves protruding from the buds. This makes for an easy trim - more of a plucking than a trimming - and it makes for minimal internal branching. You can smoke just about every bit of matter in your sack of OG.

7. She currently commands the most $ at clubs - and is often bought on name alone. (according to the Cannabible, cuts have been sold for $20K). I do not doubt this, as I have been offered 5K more than once!

An inspiring thought:

While I have not given out these genetics (I gave my word), they have been stolen from me! Eventually, I hope everybody has this one as the world just can't have too much of the real OG Kush!

Some excellent information right here that I couldn't agree more with!!!!!!

As fortunate as I was, I got to grow "the real deal" OG Kush my very first indoor grow ever. It turned out great!!! You can find a thread I did or I can link it to you if you would like. My first cloning attempt, however, was not as good, and I lost the cut. :(

Anyways, great information and I LOVE OG!

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
from my last run i can say she is pungent, tastes as she smells, a bell ringer and the more you smoke the more the bell rings. finger hash is excellent. difficult to clone, true. very resinous/sticky.

LionsRoor

Some excellent information right here that I couldn't agree more with!!!!!!

As fortunate as I was, I got to grow "the real deal" OG Kush my very first indoor grow ever. It turned out great!!! You can find a thread I did or I can link it to you if you would like. My first cloning attempt, however, was not as good, and I lost the cut. :(

Anyways, great information and I LOVE OG!

Yes - please send me the link - I would love to see any info and pics you posted on your grow!

Sorry to hear you lost the genetics! I've had really good luck using an aerocloner with OG. It takes a little longer than other strains, but I have a 100% success rate with 100's of cuts. In fact, I always have to throw some away as my clone count exceeds my veg site count -- but they all root. I pick the best ones and sometimes throw the extras in dirt or something...

I have about 99% success with rockwool too. Here is a little insight as to how I use rockwool or Oasis cubes (which I think are better than rockwool). You've seen countless tutorials on taking cuts - this is not about that. This is some strain specific info that may help you root OG more easily. These are my humble opinions based on real life work. I am not claming anything beyond that.

OG is a sativa dominant strain so she doesn't mind things on the dry side - even when cloning. The most common issue I see people have rooting OG, is overwatering and using a humidity dome in excess. When you buffer your cubes in 5.5 PH'd water - just dunk em completely and bring em out - give em a shake. Depending upon the humidity and temps in the room, you will not need to water these cubes for, at least 7 days - in my 60% RH climate, I go 10 - 14 days without watering. The cubes get almost dry - OG likes this and it mimics the dry soil her genetics were originally bred in. Additionally, once over the initial wilt (if any), the humidity dome should be run full open, or simply remove it. Do not spray your OG cuttings with water unless it is so hot that they wilt from the heat. You may be tempted to add water to the cube at this point, but unless the cube is very dry and a watering is due, do not water the cubes - just mist lightly and place under the dome. Do not get your dome to the point that mosture collects on the inner walls. If your dome is that humid, remove or open the vents until all visible dew is removed.

Don't use any nutes until you have roots. Use tap water of 300PPM or less for best results, though most tap water will work OK (if you can drink it). Do not use pure RO water. Rather than mix bloom nutes, or CalMag to your RO - just add tap water to your RO water and bring it to 150 - 200 PPM.

OG needs little light to root... save your power for veg and flower. Cheap CoolWhite shop lights actually work better than T5's for rooting OG. I have found that indirect window light works very well too! I have a dozen rooted OG cuts in Oasis and rockwool just sitting on the kitchen table under a window. The blinds provide indirect light. They rooted in about 10 - 12 days.

Again - this is just my personal method for getting solid results propagating OG. Use it or lose it your own discretion. Perhaps one small thing I mentioned may help increase your percentages.

In the picture below, the OG cuts on the left were taken from the veg'ing plants on the right. These simple aeroponic units were my own creation based on many of the Rubbermaid tub style DIY tutorials on the internet - most notably Stinkbud (my mentor and gifted cultivator).

Attachments

• hut_veg.jpg
    hut_veg.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 17

LionsRoor

Not long till i start my kush seed run i have a few nice mixes...

Nice - what sorts of males did you breed her with? Any particular traits you are looking to change or enhance? Keep us posted - is one of the links below where we should go to follow your work? I wish you the best!!!

LionsRoor

from my last run i can say she is pungent, tastes as she smells, a bell ringer and the more you smoke the more the bell rings. finger hash is excellent. difficult to clone, true. very resinous/sticky.

I followed one of your links... choice room and grow! Looks great, Philth!

G-life

that's wierd cause every og kush clone I have grown, including chemdawg, has been a magnet to powdery mildew, and entertained mites enough to the point where I wouldn't consider the strain "extremely" resistant to these things.

Bubba or L.A I would call as more resistant than OG.
But then again I never know if the cuts I get are "original" or not.

Any pics LionsRoor?

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OG kush resistant, LOLZ

hell that plant aint even resistant to water. ive grown a few different cuts, and mites have moved in everytime.

one of the harder plants to finish out proper ive come across. although i keep a cut for the smoke. one of the better tokes around.

CBF

LionsRoor

that's wierd cause every og kush clone I have grown, including chemdawg, has been a magnet to powdery mildew, and entertained mites enough to the point where I wouldn't consider the strain "extremely" resistant to these things.

Bubba or L.A I would call as more resistant than OG.
But then again I never know if the cuts I get are "original" or not.

Any pics LionsRoor?

What do I know. Again - I am just sharing my personal experiences in the hopes that we can all grow the best medicine possible! Please take my comments as just that. Here are a couple pics. I would love to see any you have of OG actually stricken with PM. Mites are mites - they don't play favorites, and yes I have seen them on OG - if they are in your room, like the rest of us, they like OG too. I have been lucky so far (knock on wood, crossing fingers, and being a good boy).

Here are a few pics of OG indoors and out, at various stages of flowering. I love to see pics of any OG grows, and learn from any mishaps we all have.

Attachments

• og_1.jpg
    og_1.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 18
  • og_2.jpg
    og_2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 16
  • og_3.jpg
    og_3.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 17
  • og_4.jpg
    og_4.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 16

LionsRoor

Here are a few pics of OG indoors and out, at various stages of flowering. I love to see pics of any OG grows, and learn from any mishaps we all have.

Attachments

• outdoor_og_1.jpg
    outdoor_og_1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 23
  • outdoor_og_2.jpg
    outdoor_og_2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 17
  • og_medicine.jpg
    og_medicine.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 18

G-life

OG kush resistant, LOLZ

hell that plant aint even resistant to water. ive grown a few different cuts, and mites have moved in everytime.

one of the harder plants to finish out proper ive come across. although i keep a cut for the smoke. one of the better tokes around.

CBF

If you don't mind me asking, what cut do you keep around for personals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts