What's new

NOVEMBER 2007 - CANNABIS CUP & OTHER EVENTS

G

GH SSH is good. Rock hard buds... Yes, chemmy a bit.... Not a whole lot o' organic farming being exhibited in the coffeeshops.... lol

Nice pack.... I DO take it all home, except the lighters... My non-cupper friends get a kick out of all the kitchy stuff....

Barney's G13 X Haze is great... Had a good flush, and a sweetness that really impressed me. Their pack was complimentary... Hats off to James, once again, for being so smooth in the face of pressure = a real pro... Amazing how all the employees can be so friendly in the face of such chaos...
Certainly, I do not see similar behaviour in California.

The grace of the steady Dutch people in general is far greater than most of us Amerikans.... And the society in general.... No question.... It is a pleasure to be here, as always.... Incredible hosts...

Co-operation prevails, for the most part, instead of for-me-or-against-me thinking.

Thank you.

Last edited:

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
I have a hard enough time focusing on where I'm going when I'm walking! LOL

Getting ready to head on over to the expo. Tried the ice hash from GH. Very nice...

Chocolope from GA is my pick so far though. Only one that I really wanted to finish. And it just about put a finish to me!

Having a great time. They certainly are wonder people and everyone that I've met has been pretty cool. Bought a little glass pipe today. He wanted 10 but ended up giving it to me for 5. Nice...

Have fun tonight!

JBIG420

damn nice people indeed!

I have FINALLY got some time to write a little here on the computer. I think I may take it out with me today but the rain has me second guessing it. The cup this year has been far better than last years if I do say so myself. The buds have been typical for the most part but if you try you can find some really nice stuff.

Last night was the opening ceremonies and it was a blast. the powerzone was the PERFECT place to hold it. The bus ride is kinda ridiculous but it is also kinda sweet. You meet a few people and share some joints while hauling ass to the final destination. The stage is decent and very open to everyone, the booths are spaced out pretty nicely but there is still a bit of lagging if your trying to get to see one of the bigger tables. DNA was mobbed and so was Soma. Treating Yourself magazine is up across the walkway from Soma, get your FREE magazines and vote for them for product of the year! (shameless plug) There was alot of GREAT herb going around the opening ceremonies last night and they had that band Honkeytonk Homeslice play. Kinda cleared out then but it was a pretty decent night. I had fun and we saw alot of people, I got to meet some great people thanks to Marco who I also finally met. Marco is a great guy, real fun and nice, a real pleasure to know. I hope the magazine does well for him.

on a side note... I acquired some buds grown by a living legend Amsterdam grower and I must say they are definately 100% organic and MIGHTY fine indeed. Some of the best I have found here in the NL.

Have fun and hope to see some of you around the shops today, or at the canal cruise if your going! 420 everybody!

G

noooo..my Amsterdam adventure is over and i'm back in the sunny UK. You get settled there just as you have to leave! happens everytime! they seem to have wound down a lot of the craziest areas which was disappointing but it's still the most chilled out best place i've been too, so many different people and things going on. most of the coffeeshops weed was shit except dampkring and grey area. the cannalope haze was bland but the chocolope was delicious and was the lavender. mexican haze from dampkring was nothing special for the price their nyc was as good as ever, love that stuff.
Has anyone got any tips to stop me slitting my wrists now i'm back in this piss poor place? i won't be able to go again till next year and life here is extremely dull. i might have to go out in the spring and get some bar work.

Last edited:

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
How did the nyc taste from Damkring? I bought some on a whim from Resin and was very impressed. The only pot in Amsterdam that I'll be craving for until my return. Pretty clean stuff and tasted like red grapefruit. Very nice joint - didn't want to put it out.

G

then go back Biftaman, the world is our oyster...

Thx, Spaced C, hadn't tasted the NYCD yet, I had lost hope it would ever be good. But I love it, my fave wake n' bake in the world, when it's good...So off to Resin I go, tomorrow. They had great import hasj....

Been enjoying BB Chz, Bloeberry Haze from Noon...

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
Oh dude, my heart just sank. LOL, smoke one for me man! I'm off to the seedbank.

That was my first experience with NYCD. Do they all taste/smell like that? Is that the Diesel charateristic that everyone talks about?

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
Wow, that's really quite the joint!

I am a little confused - where the heck was the Awards show at? The PZ or the MW? The book didn't specify so I figured it to be at the PZ. If it was at the MW though, I'm a bit disapointed - I could have walked there!

Results just in...

Results just in...

Cannabis Cup Results
2007-11-26 >> cancup category >> cannabis cup news

Barney's G 13-Haze 255 votes (24%)
Grey Area Chocolope 254 votes (24%)
Green House United Super Silver Haze 175 votes (17%)
Bluebird Blue Cheese 61 votes (6%)
Mellow Yellow Bubblegum Haze 45 votes (4%)
De Dampkring Mexican Haze 38 votes (4%)
420 Cafe Alaskan Ice 35 votes (3%)
De Tweede Kamer Alegria 34 votes (3%)
The Noon Blueberry Haze 28 votes (3%)
Katsu Lavender 21 votes (2%)
Homegrown Fantasy Amazing Haze 19 votes (2%)
Bushdocter Cherry Bomb 13 votes (1%)
White Dolphins 12 votes (1%)
Betty Boop O.G. Kush 11 votes (1%)
Resin Haze 10 votes (1%)
Rookies #11 8 votes (1%)
Boerejongens John Deere 7 votes (1%)
Abraxas Delight 6 votes (1%)
Rusland Kalasjnikov Haze 5 votes (0%)
De Rokerij Brainstorm Haze 5 votes (0%)

more results coming soon...

Queso

eh prepress.. have u noticed that its been takin off the website now??

i also noticed it on there a few hours ago, but now when i check again i dont see the update anymore.. strange

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it was at the powerzone

also thats nuts 1 vote diference between 1st and 2nd

and there was no contest

i tried 3 cup 1's in the key chain at barneys and bought a gram and they were poor
chocolope was very nice,so i was buying 5g at a time
big up grey area,they are 1 of the only coffeshops that keep me happy with amazing herb

Last edited:
G

Calyx-Less Amsterdam - Impatience cannot be masked

Calyx-Less Amsterdam - Impatience cannot be masked

Well, it's almost over except the Orch. Baobab concert tomorrow night....! It's been great... Already ordered a new 7spd cruiser, outfitted Dutch style, for my time in da USA.... Got the Pannier bags here...

Again, learned a lot on this sojourn...

Thanks to all my new and old friends. May the next year be fruitful.

Yes, LGC, Silver bubble cf'd - pretty good.... Actually close to finished....

Lookin' forward to my jars of FINISHED fist-size Hairspray and Chocolate both, Real Bubba Kush nugs waiting my return.

Also, almost black Purple Erkle. Full Indica, I like to let it go 60 days, even though 58 is good enough, as pictured below.... But the extra 2 days makes a big difference.

Not the 80% Sativa versions, like THSeeds or BCBD's.

GA's stash was OK, it has been better. Obviously buds from overwarm rooms. Greedy growers.... Too many lights, pulled 3-4 days early.

Like everywhere else.

Most of AMS stock is IMHO, basically, "Toy Buds," on on needle-thin sticks, not real....

Full Calyx development is just not prevalent among the buds of AMS......

Someday, Dutch growers will get it, but not yet.
Could be problem of not enough diverse organic products available.

Much of the weed here has a chemmy aspect to it.

Clowns - giving out crumbs of SSH for how many Euro's a gram....?

Below, the ORGANIC and FLUSHED Purple Lady that waits.

58 day P Erkle.

Last edited:

JBIG420

beautiful... and my god I CAN'T BELIEVE 1 vote difference on the winner... ****ing hell and I heard some people complaining about the cup and say they didn't vote but liked chocolope the best

man this could have been the year the smokers really out voted the guys who try to buy it...

and yes I hit Adam's joint it was amazingly harsh yet still going strong... very crazy taste