What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Noreason makes hash with the gravity method

HueJass

Great thread dude. Entertaining and informative. Wish I saw this before I put 2lbs of trim through my bubble bags this morning. I might have liked to have tried it this way. I get great stuff from the bags, but it never looks like yours. Not even close. Keep doing what your doing.

I did see where the OP suggested re-hydrating dry material. Does this still work out pretty well? While I haven't committed to another method I got here almost to late as I have dried out my trim and popcorn for another method. Still a little bit more work to do it is not the end of the world. Thanx for the thread.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing your results noreason. Really interesting to read.

I think it's ridiculous folks want to immediately label this "gumby" hash, as if some guy on YouTube made up these concepts. Anyone with any smidgen of knowledge of history should know these ideas have been around for a good long while.

It really shouldn't be named after anyone, pretty basic stuff. I think you sharing your version of collecting trichomes in water is great; anyone that's upset that you don't refer to it as "gumby hash" needs to get some perspective.

If you read about the concepts involved in hashish collection in general, and water extraction in particular, with or without using mesh screens, you come up with basically the same process!! I say this because i did just that; I read about and had hands-on experience making ice-hash and thought all about this before I finally looked up what was "gumby" hash after reading the term a number of times in this forum.

Anyone can pick up a copy of R.C. Clarke's "Hashish" to read about some basic concepts like this---The process of collecting hashish in cold water wasn't first presented to the world by anyone on YouTube.

Thanks again for sharing the pics NoReason.

Thank you for reply man :)
I think gumby it's the most famous name to call this kind of method but as I said some posts ago chinese people know already it thousands of years ago.So I don't care much about what's the name ;)
I never read ''Hashish'' from Clarke but I read there was a bit of confusion with different hash making methods using b.bags and XTR machine.Clarke seems had retired all first copies and then modified something on the water hash method.
However I choose to reflect my own on how things works,for what I can,obviously.I repeat one more time...In my opinion the real important thing is to remove AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE contaminants during the extraction.
I'm in Valencia now,and I found a strange big & old shop.They sell only mesh screens!!!Every size you want,they have it!Hand made sifter and much more.Crazy one :D I think I'll buy some screens and try to improve my method ;)

Great thread dude. Entertaining and informative. Wish I saw this before I put 2lbs of trim through my bubble bags this morning. I might have liked to have tried it this way. I get great stuff from the bags, but it never looks like yours. Not even close. Keep doing what your doing.

Thanks bro,give it a try.I'm curious in see what result could reach someone else.

AMAZING RESULT NOR..I MUST TRY THIS METOD, THANKS FOR SHARING TO ALL !!
:thank you:

I did see where the OP suggested re-hydrating dry material. Does this still work out pretty well? While I haven't committed to another method I got here almost to late as I have dried out my trim and popcorn for another method. Still a little bit more work to do it is not the end of the world. Thanx for the thread.

I think with dried material things are little different.
Probably you will need less time to remove all thricome's heads.
Probably you will see more contaminants in the extraction.
Probably is a good thing to let the dried material soaking for more time in cold water before using the blender.This should allow to re-hydratate the plant matter and it will be more difficult to break ;)

:wave:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice lookin hash my friend! :tiphat:

Muchas gracias hombre :)

Just uploaded the last picture of this Bluecheese hash run.
I'm very happy to smoke this hash as it is really a pleasant smoke.I smoked it rolled in joint with weed,but it makes me cough sometimes and a lot of aroma is missing.

I smoke it in my cold roor filled with ice cubes,heating a stone (vapor globe style) and bubble on it and the taste is superb.It's very fruity,very concentrated tast,almost balsamic and it definitely remember me some NYCD smoked in a volcano a while ago.I have to say that butane really ruin hash taste,so it's a must to have a t-pad or a vapor globe or a hakko etc...

I smoke it also in a little glass pipe,simple and cheap one bought many years ago.I just put a little piece of hash inside the pipe and with a butane torch I heat the glass externally so no butane in the taste ;) This method is very simple and effective and I can control very easily the smoking.Initially I let the hash bubble a bit without burn it to have the maximum fresh taste from it and after I increase the heat and let the hash burn to inhale all the smoke.This method is really like a little analog vaporizer :D and I like it very much.

I also had in gift from a cigar shop some cedar wood foils.I'll try to ignite my bowls and let you know ;)

Enjoy the pictures guys :wave:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Questo e veramente chocolato bellissimo

mmmmmm

Grazie fratello.Se un giorno ci incontreremo sarò onorato di fartelo assaggiare per avere un parere esperto ;)

Yummy yummy yummy stuff!

Looks perfect for me. I want that!

C'mon guys,give it a try :)

Do you guys need a metallic screen?This shop has it!Every size you want!

picture.php

I was in holiday in Valencia,Spain and I found this shop right in the city centre.They made sifter and sell single screen too.
I bought 3 pieces (25cm X 100cm) of different size for my experiments (32µ - 114µ - 160µ).I'll let you know if they work as they should when I'll use them in the future.

Jare

Genetics' hunter
Veteran
I bought 3 pieces (25cm X 100cm) of different size for my experiments (32µ - 114µ - 160µ).I'll let you know if they work as they should when I'll use them in the future.

What a nice deal mate ;) I hope you can use them soon as possible... When are you planning to start a new grow? Strain? :wave:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What a nice deal mate ;) I hope you can use them soon as possible... When are you planning to start a new grow? Strain? :wave:

Yes,I'm happy to have bought them.I think the price is pretty honest.I pay 50 € for those 3 pieces of metallic screen.

I don't know when I can grow again indoor,not so soon I think.
But I already have 1 big mature plant (4 months old) in a soil pot,outdoor in the jungle :D and a little clone from a bluecheese moved outdoor 1 month ago.Soon I'll go to plant them directly in the dirt and will see after this summer ;)

C'mon guys,give it a try :)

Did you mean that we should try to do this ourselves?
If so, I already am. I just never got it quite as clean as yours. I picked up some good tips to improve my tech from this thread though, but I'm an OD-only kind of guy (and living far north, so I have alot of waiting to do, before I can try it out.

If you meant that we should try YOUR stuff, by all means, pack a bowl for me and holla!

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
awesome hash noreason!

Thank you Bonecarver :tiphat:

Did you mean that we should try to do this ourselves?
If so, I already am. I just never got it quite as clean as yours. I picked up some good tips to improve my tech from this thread though, but I'm an OD-only kind of guy (and living far north, so I have alot of waiting to do, before I can try it out.

If you meant that we should try YOUR stuff, by all means, pack a bowl for me and holla!

I was meaning to try this method yourself.I know it could be improved someway and I'm very curious to see someone else's result ;)
If you come south we will take a bowl together for sure :D

B

bonecarver_OG

I also had in gift from a cigar shop some cedar wood foils.I'll try to ignite my bowls and let you know ;)

i just saw that :)

i got alarmed . i felt i better share some knowledge.

cedar wood is regarded as toxic. it should not be used for food utensils, or used for pets. the dust causes rhinitis and chest problems. i think in great part because of the cedar wood oil, that is toxic for funghus and insects.

inhaling that for lighting a smoke is propably not a good idea.

"Cedar form a chemical called plicatic acid and pine form a chemical known as abietic acid"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plicatic_acid

cigars are usually wrapped in shavings of cedar.. for the anti-fungal properties of the toxins.

peace

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing your knowledge BC.
I tried to light some joints with the cedar wood and nothing is happened but after google it I found it could lead to allergies after prolonged exposure.
After read this,I think I'll put it away and maybe use the others to keep pest away in my growroom.

That's why sharing is caring :)

btw...the taste when you light a joint with the wood is better than butane ;)

B

bonecarver_OG

yeah i bet :) when i was a kid i used to light spliffs with a burning wood from the campfire, never thought it tasted bad or anything.. its from work i learnt many woods are toxic, some more than others. there is even cases of death related to it.

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi noreason, thank you for this thread mate, this was my first attempt at the gravity method,,, the only step that I did differently was tilt the bucket @ 45 deg while waiting for the glands to settle,,, after I took this pic I sat this bucket inside another bucket @ 45 deg to keep it sturdy. The only other procedure differrent was I used a 220 work bag under the colander to help collect plant matter.
This is from outdoor buds, bubbles & melts like a dream, :yummy:

Psuper

I added some very similar steps to yours' Smurf. My bubblehash thread is very, very much like the method in this thread; similar procedures with a few mesh screens added in during different steps.....

.....I tilt my 5 gallon bucket at an angle like you--

picture.php

What i do to keep it at an angle is to rest the bucket inside a larger tub full of ice. Keeps it cold and safely secured in place.

I also used a 190μ mesh screen below the metal wire colander similar to what you did. Adding a mesh screen or single Bubblebag in the 190μ-220μ range is a GREAT optional step that can be added to this method to further remove contaminants.

Tasty lookin' hash there to....great pics man.