What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Noreason makes hash with the gravity method

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Time of new extractions IC people.

I'm trying to find the best method to obtain the best hash I can.

The run with bluecheese trimmed leaves, the hash was really awesome.Just a little pressure with the fingers and it breaks in sticky and extremely fragrant sand.

This time I used two different methods.

First I use a 31µ stainless steel screen, where I collect the resin glands, letting the water pass down.Obviously I tried to catch all the floating impurities with the ''syringe''.
This method gave me a good amount of good resin, but not at the bluecheese level.

Here some shots, this is the resin just put on a clean 31µ screen to dry

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

As you can see, it's pretty clean with few green matter, however I was expecting something better in smell and consistence, it is harder to break than the bluecheese one, less melty maybe,but overall it's a strong hash, giving a kick in my head that last for half an hour or so.

Next pictures are the same hash after a couple of days in a 40% RH and 20°C ambient.It's ready to store.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

In the second test I did, I used first a 160µ screen to filter the bigger contaminants and just under it the 31µ screen where to collect the resin.I did not use the ''syringe'' ro remove floating impurities.
I noticed the total amount was really poor compared to the first test, and I don't think the difference in purity is really evident.

The resin just before the drying screen

picture.php

Wet resin to dry

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dry resin

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

As I wrote before, the difference is not really noticeable, both are good hash, but I'll try again with the same strain's trim to use different methods to find the best one, that give the best hash. stay tuned ;)

:wave:

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Noreason, good to see you hard at it mate,, looking quite delicious,
specially #7 pic (lightly seasoned & deep fried) :laughing:
I have a question for you: did you press the thricomes?
No,,, I leave to dry first then usually roll it up, no need to press it,, sometimes I give a light hand rug after it's dried, this is when I get a good idea of aroma/terpenes .

Have a great weekend

L

LouDog420

I have a nice mix of kif and small veg matter layering the bottom of my grinder... Might try it for some purification ;)

Already got the well sieved dry sift stockpiled

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
OMFG!!! Pic 4 and 5 look like F'n caviar!

Makes my bubble bag hash look like F'n junk! Well done brotherman! :tiphat:

J

juicepuddle

NO REASON! The last pics you put up are WONDERFUL! I love the trichs man, really refining your hash man! My mouths watering on this one
picture.php

What strain is this? I am sure it was incredible once it was dry!

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
awesome thread man. i read about this method in an issue of treating yourself i have. only difference the guy used who wrote the article was he used a 150 micron to pour the mixed up water through to catch all the plant material. he also went as far as putting the preparation bucket into a cooler packed full of ice. really getting the water extremely cold. he also used a mixer for i think 20 minutes he said. or until the top of the water got foamy. after pouring the mixed up water through the 150 micron screen he let all the trichs float to the bottom of the bucket. than he siphoned off about 70% of the water or so and the last of the stuff he poured right through a coffee filter and that collected all the hash. i was looking to try this method after my harvest and i can see it defiantly gives awesome results. those last pics you posted are mouth watering. :joint:

woolybear

Veteran
Good luck then bro :) Post some pictures if you want :wave:

hi bro wassup :)

i actually used your method way back when and still have a little bit of has left

i'm going on a trip where i cant smoke soon so i decided i needed to make magic brownies... however i didn't want to deal with the stink/mess of making cannabutter, so i took out a bunch of frozen trim and whipped it up in a bucket...

i took one dudes advice and soaked the material for an hour than drained the excess funky liquid

i did a vigorous stir of one bag of ice in a 5-gal bucket with about 1.5 gallon bags of frozen buds/trim

ran the leaf material 2x with clean water to get all the trichs as the leaf settled in the bucket

i'll try to remember to take a picture of my yield before i turn it into butter.

going to simmer some water, butter and the yield from the hash run, then turn it into brownies

i then am going to bring the brownies with my on my fishing trip and hope i dont eat too much lol

thanks for posting this, when was the original post anyways?

:thank you:

:bump:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow man that is some pretty-ass bubble

Yeah it bubble good ;)

hi bro wassup :)

i actually used your method way back when and still have a little bit of has left

i'm going on a trip where i cant smoke soon so i decided i needed to make magic brownies... however i didn't want to deal with the stink/mess of making cannabutter, so i took out a bunch of frozen trim and whipped it up in a bucket...

i took one dudes advice and soaked the material for an hour than drained the excess funky liquid

i did a vigorous stir of one bag of ice in a 5-gal bucket with about 1.5 gallon bags of frozen buds/trim

ran the leaf material 2x with clean water to get all the trichs as the leaf settled in the bucket

i'll try to remember to take a picture of my yield before i turn it into butter.

going to simmer some water, butter and the yield from the hash run, then turn it into brownies

i then am going to bring the brownies with my on my fishing trip and hope i dont eat too much lol

:thank you:

:bump:

I did my own brownies too using the Nepalese butter method I found somewhere. The principle is the same. Take the wet resin just after the extraction, and let simmer it with a bit of water and a X quantity of butter.

Simmer the resin let the THC-A decarboxylate in THC as you apply heat. This enable the butter to be eat without apply anymore heat, but if you are going to apply more heat as you want to make your brownies in the oven, you should not need to make butter before, or at least don't add much water in the butter preparation and apply less heat for less time.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4240070&postcount=53

Enjoy your trip bro, have a lot of fun and peaceful time :wave:

ps: what do you mean with this? I'm not so much into English language :D

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good idea using less water! I use ghee (clarified butter) and zero water, for the very lightest of chlorophyl taste.

I use a hydraulic glycerin press to extract the oil, but the remains can be boiled in water to glean the remaining oil. It should be kept separate, as it will be of lower quality.

Yeah it bubble good ;)

I did my own brownies too using the Nepalese butter method I found somewhere. The principle is the same. Take the wet resin just after the extraction, and let simmer it with a bit of water and a X quantity of butter.

Simmer the resin let the THC-A decarboxylate in THC as you apply heat. This enable the butter to be eat without apply anymore heat, but if you are going to apply more heat as you want to make your brownies in the oven, you should not need to make butter before, or at least don't add much water in the butter preparation and apply less heat for less time.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4240070&postcount=53

Enjoy your trip bro, have a lot of fun and peaceful time :wave:

ps: what do you mean with this? I'm not so much into English language :D

woolybear

Veteran
thanks for the link to that post noreason, thats exactly what i planned on doing.

THE RESINs have been settling overnight. I will transfer the resin water to a tall container that i can easily pour out the extra water.

thanks noreason, this one should be stickied! :)

woolybear

Veteran
heres pics as requested. question: whats the ratio of wet hash to butter, in terms of teaspoons?

i got at least 5 tsp worth of hash :)

picture.php

once settled:

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts