What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Noreason makes hash with the gravity method

J

juicepuddle

Don't know it I'll have the time for,but I'll try to take some shots and make an how to :wave:

I didnt mean right now, you already gave a great explanation, I just ment if you have time and want to it would be great, thanks again Im going back to watching

:lurk:

fuzzymuffin

Maybe you know this method as GUMBY method and it's pretty similar,only with some differences,but overall it has the same principle.

What do you do that is different from the GUMBY method? Were your initial pics taken while the product was still drying or were those "end result" shots?

I'm not trying to be a douche or anything, but your shots look so awesome that I had to ask.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I didnt mean right now, you already gave a great explanation, I just ment if you have time and want to it would be great, thanks again Im going back to watching

:lurk:

I would love to see a picture step by step! that would be really cool.

I already have a lot of pictures making hash but I have to make them in order.I'll do soon ;) promise

What do you do that is different from the GUMBY method? Were your initial pics taken while the product was still drying or were those "end result" shots?

I'm not trying to be a douche or anything, but your shots look so awesome that I had to ask.

You are welcome fuzzy :)
I saw only one time the gumby method on youtube one year ago I think and I know this is almost the same method but I don't know exactly where are the differences but I think they are because little things in the work,such time of blending,or removing impurities from the surface of water using a syringe likend to a siphoned hose and than removing the last water with paper towel are things I tried myself.All little things for sure,but taking in mind all together give best results.

This method is really simple,but you need a ''good hand'' to remove all the contaminants,that's the tip I think.

One thing,an important one,is to let the thricomes stay in the water the less time you can.I tried to let the gland stay in the water for one night and the resultant hash was very poor in aroma and smell.The water sucks away terpens I think...so if you touch the bucket and move the thricomes you need to wait some time to let them depositate again and this increase time...

Btw...I wrote all about this and nothing about the aroma and high...well dudes...one of the best,maybe the best hash I ever smoked.I smoked it in my bong heating a stone before with the flame...wonderful!the first thing it remember me was the NYCD smoked in A'dam past year with a Volcano.Simply delicious.
I'll give you some more details later,I need some sleep :D

Peace tokers :wave:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi folks,
as some of you ask me to make an ''how to'' with pictures step by step,here it is.I hope you all enjoy this and give the gravity method a run and report here the result,it would be very appreciated.

- first of all I use FRESH FROZEN TRIM.Using dried frozen trim let more impurities in the water.You can try to remove the most and you will,but if you want the best try to run fresh matter.
The thing is that dried trim break easily than fresh trim and we do not want to break the matter,only remove thric's heads.

picture.php

- Put the trim in a CLEAN (possibly clear or white) bucket.Than add water and ice.
Everything inside should stay free to move,so don't add too many ice cubes or too many trim.Let the trim soaks for a minute and stir it a bit.

-Now you're ready to use the whisk\blender (sorry I don't know the correct name in English)
Set it on the minimum potency and start to work moving it in the water,keep moving it during the extraction.
To know exactly how many minutes you have to run it,after 5 minutes you should stop,take some wet trim,and look to see if all thric's heads are fallen off ( as shown in the picture in a previous post).If not continue mix till you see all the thrics are fallen.
7 minutes usually are good for the quantity I use to run.

picture.php

-Now you have the bucket filled with trim,ice cubes and thricomes.With a colander or something similar filter all the water in another CLEAN bucket.

picture.php

-The trim remaining in the colander has many thrics attached to it,so with some FRESH water do a quick wash to it and than squeeze.All the water must go in the bucket with the rest.

-Now you have the bucket filled with water,thricomes and little pieces of green,those are all contaminants we must eliminate.Take a strainer and filter the water once or twice.Everytime try to be sure to remove as much contaminants as you can.If you have a good screen you can use it instead of strainer.I think a 200µ should work,but I'm not sure because I haven't tried it.

-After filtering the water you finally have the bucket filled with water,thricomes and a little part of contaminants.
Now put the bucket on a table and let it immobile for 1 hour to give time to the glands to deposit.

picture.php

After this time you will see contaminants floating on the water surface.You need to remove that crap.I use a big syringe,creating a counter-pression with my own breath.I put the tip of the syringe just on the surface of the water and aspirating I suck in the syringe all that crap.
This step is important because let you to remove the most of the contaminants.Notice the tip of the syringe should stay right on the surface on the water,if it goes deeper it will sucks water from below and the contaminants will remain where they are,right on the surface.
Using this method I try to remove everything I see on the water surface.

This is the syringe I use.You can see I attached an hose to it,this allow me to be more precise in the next siphoning of water

picture.php

This pics show hot to put the syringe on the water surface to remove floating contaminants.

picture.php

-Now you have the bucket filled with thricomes on the bottom and water.Water must go away,we need only that golden glands we love so much :D
Using a silicon pipe,the cheaper one usually used for airstones, you have to create a siphon to suck away the water from the top.I use my syringe attached to the pipe,it gives me more precision.
When the bucket is full you don't need so much precision,but as the level start to decrease arriving at few centimeters from the glands you need to be careful to suck away only water and not resin.Continue to suck away as much water as you can without removing the thricomes layer on the bottom.

You want to obtain something like this:

picture.php

picture.php

-You now have a little water with the thricomes in it.Move the solution in a smaller container like a jar.In this step,filter the solution one more time with the strainer,maybe some more contaminants will be filtered.

picture.php

-I suggest youth use a large jar or glass or cup with a wide open and not so high,to have the maximum access to the solution after.A jar with an irregular bottom will not be so good at the end,try to use a plain or not so irregular one.

picture.php

Be sure to add some fresh water to the empty bucket to collect all the thricomes remained attached to the bottom and the walls and pour (and filter) it in the smaller container.

-Take the jar inclined to 45° or so and let the glands sit on the bottom for 15 minutes.

picture.php

-Now you need to remove the left water from the glands.I use a small syringe till I can,trying to not move the glands.

This is the small syringe:

picture.php

This is the result after the syringe

picture.php

-At last when also the syringe can't work without removing thricomes I use some pieces of paper towels and very carefully let them sucks away the water,just letting a little piece of paper on the water surface to absorb it till you see the paper start to collect also the glands.

here you can understand what i mean.This pics were taken last year,not this run,but they're only to show what I mean:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Result after the paper towel:

picture.php

-At this point you need to move the resulting mixture on a cardboard to remove the last water.I take everything with a teaspoon from the cup and create little amounts of resin on the cardboard.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

-Let the resin dry the time it needs,depending a lot by the temperature,relative humidity and air movement.
If you want to break it into small pieces,do it after an hour from the time you put it on the cardboard,when it is still wet.
You could also move it from the cardboard and break it to promote powder form.
Well,you know if the pieces are bigger they need more time to dry.Don't try to squeeze it in any way,if the glands breaks the water will not go away and the hash will lose in quality.

After a day or less the resin will become veeeery sticky,don't try to move it till it's completely dry.Be patient and you will be able to remove it from the cardboard pretty easily due to the resin consistence.

This is one day after

picture.php

That's all folks.If you follow step by step this method you should have good results like mine if not better.Only thing you need is manual skills and some training.

ps:
If the water in the bucket after the blending is dark,it's not a good sign.
A good water should be light green.

If the thricomes remain too much time in the water a green layer will form,contaminating the resin.This green crap will not float on the surface so be sure you will not lose time in the work.
Too much time in the water carry away all aroma and smell from the resin.
This is what I mean:

picture.php

When filling the bucket if possible use fresh water from the fridge.

I think not all thricomes stay on the bottom.When removing water it will suck some thricomes in suspension but they are a little part of the total and I think they are the smaller one,the lighter ones,so don't worry about that.But if you want to re-collect them do one more extraction from the resulting bucket.You'll find some thricomes.

Try to avoid jars like this.It has reduced neck and it's not easy to remove resin at the end

picture.php

Sorry guys if I wrote something wrong.I'm not native speaker so…sorry about that

Last edited:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
AWESOME! I will try this even though I have bubble bags. that hash you made looks better than most people's bubble.

J

juicepuddle

Thanks you so much for writing this "how-to" its perfect and even has tips on how to avoid problems.

One thing that I really liked was "Don't try to squeeze it in any way,if the glands breaks the water will not go away and the hash will lose in quality." I did not know that and it explains so much!

This really has me interested in how tichs work in water... like you said some sink and some, the smaller lighter ones sit in suspension... does this meen amber heads are heavier then light colored premature ones?

I also did not know resin glands sank before this thread, so the stalks float though? If anyone has any info on how resin heads act in water I would really appreciate it!

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks you so much for writing this "how-to" its perfect and even has tips on how to avoid problems.

One thing that I really liked was "Don't try to squeeze it in any way,if the glands breaks the water will not go away and the hash will lose in quality." I did not know that and it explains so much!

This really has me interested in how tichs work in water... like you said some sink and some, the smaller lighter ones sit in suspension... does this meen amber heads are heavier then light colored premature ones?

I also did not know resin glands sank before this thread, so the stalks float though? If anyone has any info on how resin heads act in water I would really appreciate it!

The stalk remain on the plant matter.Only heads fall off.
And I think you're right about the amber thricomes are heavier.

I watched the video posted by BB,and I don't agree with some stuff,maybe it could be helpful to someone else.

It says to use a lot of ice because it aids to remove glands.False.
Water should be already cold.I use to store 4 or five bottles in the fridge the day before the extraction.Using too many ice cubes is useless and they take space in the bucket.When the water is already cold the ice cubes are there only to keep that cold temp,so don't use so much ice.The important thing is the water remain cold.You're doing hash with WATER not ICE.

It says:''let stay the whole thing sit down for 4 hours''
I tried different timing and the best results are one hour after.The more time you leave the resin in the water the more green crap you will find at the end.

During the siphoning it says nothing about the contaminants floating on the surface,and this is an important step to make best hash.If you don't remove contaminants in this phase you will find them in the resin after...so,take it in mind.

I noticed in that video,the guy use something called turkey blaster.That's quite the same thing I use to remove the water and the contaminants.

When pouring the water in the final jar\cup do one more filtering with the strainer and don't wait 2 hours.It's so much time and it's useless.15 minutes are enough,but you will see yourself if you give it a try.

At the end the guy pressed the hash into a ball.I think the best is to try to don't break the glands and maybe creating a ball it's not the best thing.

The method is simply the same of the gumby,just with more accuracy,because it's important to reach a good result.

Last edited:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah that video is probably for more general users not going for perfect hash but a more simple way to get melty stuff with an good yield very useful to beginners, your method in my opinion is for quality! And thats the way UH HUH UH HUH I liek it!

I don't know JP...the method is really similar,the principle on how it works is the same,but you can obtain hash like the one you see in my pics as hash full of contaminant.It's all up to your ability to remove all the contaminants you can,this is the trick I think.

beautiful 3d my friend nore........I really like this pic!! ;-)

picture.php

Thx homie.I like it too :) It's nice to see almost white thricomes jam :D

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
This was originally posted on the italian forum by noreason itself.
A simple and effective method indeed, you only need a bit of patience.
No more wasted trim even without bags!

Kudos my friend for the nice translation (and the brand new shots :yes:)

Cya

=K

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This was originally posted on the italian forum by noreason itself.
A simple and effective method indeed, you only need a bit of patience.
No more wasted trim even without bags!

Kudos my friend for the nice translation (and the brand new shots :yes:)

Cya

=K

Thank you for the kind words bro :) This run the hash is way more cleaner than the others.Really killer!

Excellent guide my friend, thanks for sharing :)

Nice to hear this buddy.Give it a try when you get some extra stuff ;)

I let to dry the last two extractions and this one is one of them.
It is not completely dry and you can see that in the pictures.Some part are still golden and shine and are very soft and sticky.I let dry it directly on the flow of my dehuey placing them on a piece of ''oven paper''
Small pieces dry faster than bigger ones.Three or four days in total and the resin is ready for storing.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Where do you guys store your concentrates and what's your favorite way to smoke it?

Joint are not the best way to smoke it,the potency is great but a lot of aroma goes lost.

With my big roor it's really a pleasure to smoke it.It's very intense in the throat but with ice and precooler it goes down like a charm.Grapefruit aroma is the thing I like most.The aroma smoking this bluecheese resin this way remember me exactly the NYCD smoked in a volcano in the dam some times ago.Crazy :D But I need to buy a butane torch...I use to heat the stone\gauze on the kitchen stove :D

Btw...any of you use a vapor globe?What do you think about it?easy to use or it's annoying after light n' light n' light...

Peace fellaz,have a nice weekend :wave:

dope_roor

makes my mouth water looking at these pix, very fine resin indeed!

domes/globes/curves seem best for oil-like concentrates, for hash/sift i really enjoy using a hot glass wand

if you're going for aroma/flavor try to find a small piece with narrow bore, IMO the smoke can get "diluted" with regular air when using a large volume piece

i wish i was in southern europe tokin on some resin :)