What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Noreason makes hash with the gravity method

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm having fun these days extracting some hash from my trimmed leaves.
I use gravity to collect the resin glands and no bags at all.
I'm try to achieve some great result with this method and I'm on the right way.What do you think?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Is this a good result? More pics will follow :wave:

hell yea that looks like some nice shit dude... im a bubble baggers myself but if i caqn retire my bags id love to learn your method..

i normally dont even dry my leaves i just freeze them and then i pass them thou the ice water and bags... but i know its not the best way of doing things.

if you dont mind share the knowledge bro.

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Yeah man gonna have to spill the beans on your gravity method, that hash looks very nice

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
looks good to me too. i think your gonna have to share this method if you dont mind. im curious myself. i use knockoff bubble bags now. about how much is this method yielding per how much of fresh/frozen/dry trim? i know its not dry it looks to good for dry trim. thanks!

hazy

Veteran
looks like some serious full melt noreason. So you put it in a jar of water and take what falls to the bottom of the jar?

J

juicepuddle

That hash is beautiful and I would love to smoke that quality! Never heard of the gravity method, but I must admit I am interested after looking at this, that looks like true FULL melt, no half bubble here. Subbed.

:respect:

GanjaPharma

i CAN see a very few specks of veg material. but 99.9% of what you are showing there looks like super pure and blond full melt!

you say "gravity" do you mean specific gravity?? like some kind of tall jar+super cold water??
cmon fella, tell us !

K

kayaN0W

hahaaaa, i have no idea if ur even gonna explain ur method, but i gotta sub this just in case!!!! god thatz jelly mmmmm. u usin a digi microscrope for sum of those pics btw? just curious :)

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks to all of you guys :) I'm into hash not really much and I have no bags.
Reading here and there I discover a simple thing,known from millennium:the thricomes are heavier than water.Chinese and other people was using water to purify their dry sift veeeery long ago...
Maybe you know this method as GUMBY method and it's pretty similar,only with some differences,but overall it has the same principle.

I use to put my FRESH FROZEN trim in a bucket filled with ICE and water.
Stir it for a minute and than with an electric mixer set on the minimum potency blend everything for 7 minutes.
Time depends from several factor and it's important you don't exceed to avoid plant matter in the resin.You should use a magnifier or a camera to take some macros and check if all the thricomes head are fallen off.
You should see something like this:

picture.php

At this point you need to remove ice cubes and trim from the bucket using a kitchen strainer.Before trash the plant matter wash it with some fresh water and then squeeze it in the bucket.

When the most of the trim is gone let's filter all the water in another CLEAN bucket using another strainer,it should filter the contaminants and let pass trough the trhicomes heads,but I use a simple one,just for the kitchen.
After everything is filtered out,let sit the water in the bucket for just an hour and then using a small hose create a siphon and remove almost all the water from the bucket.
This part is the most important,as you should remove all the left contaminants floating at the surface of the water.
I use a ''mouth'' syringe,the ones use to give nutrients to the plants,and I can remove almost all the impurities as you can see in the pics.

After this the remaining water is moved in a little container,like a jar,and let sit down for 20 minutes.Repeat the previous step,remove the impurities and than suck as much water as you can.

At the end you have resin glands and a little water remained.Take some towel and carefully remove more water,using the paper absorbing power.Remove as much water as you can.

Now let's take the resin and let it dry on a cardboard piece till it's ready for storing.(You could also work on the resin before it gets dry to promote powder form at the end if you want,it also dry quicker)

That's the way I used to do this run,but as I said,I want to reach better results and I have a couple of idea I should try :bump:

Do some of you heard about the XT400 or something similar?It is a machine to make some good stuff,and it inspired me ;)

Any suggestion is very welcome.I'm here to learn and share my stuff.

Peace n' puff :wave:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hahaaaa, i have no idea if ur even gonna explain ur method, but i gotta sub this just in case!!!! god thatz jelly mmmmm. u usin a digi microscrope for sum of those pics btw? just curious :)

You can just read the previous post to know why :) and those pics were taken with an IXUS 70 ;)

:wave:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks good to me too. i think your gonna have to share this method if you dont mind. im curious myself. i use knockoff bubble bags now. about how much is this method yielding per how much of fresh/frozen/dry trim? i know its not dry it looks to good for dry trim. thanks!

I can't weight anything because I have not a precision scale.But it worth,the final result is probably equal if not more than done with bags.However mine are only suppositions as I haven't bags to work with and I have not a good scale.

hell yea that looks like some nice shit dude... im a bubble baggers myself but if i caqn retire my bags id love to learn your method..

i normally dont even dry my leaves i just freeze them and then i pass them thou the ice water and bags... but i know its not the best way of doing things.

if you dont mind share the knowledge bro.

I use fresh frozen trim and it's probably the best because I found more contaminants using 50% of dried (for only some days) frozen trim.If dried trim is used it should sit in the water for more time before the work,so the tissues have the time to rehydrate becoming more flexible and don't break during the extraction

J

juicepuddle

Thanks for sharing this method seems rather simple and very effective, any chance you would want to put together a how to with photos of each step? I know many of us would love that.

(You could also work on the resin before it gets dry to promote powder form at the end if you want,it also dry quicker)

This is my favorite part! I love powder that melts and domes, I cant wait to give this a go.:thank you:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing this method seems rather simple and very effective, any chance you would want to put together a how to with photos of each step? I know many of us would love that.

Don't know it I'll have the time for,but I'll try to take some shots and make an how to :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts