What's new

Nomaad OD:2010

baet

i'm doing 6 BDs this season, love the BD, excellent plant all around, couldn't ask for anything more, but variety is key.

just ordered some calcium25 from peaceful valley, i actually heard about it from a friend before i read tom using, excited about that product.

quick question for nomaad and tom, already kind of know the answer,
but can BRIX MIX be used for fertigation?
or is it strictly foliar? they don't state fertigation measurements on any literature, but ingredient wise i would love to be able to use it as a fert for my beds without having to foliar like mad all my plants.
red about the brixmix on here from tom, but then found out some friends of mine are using it outdoors this season and say they love it!

nomaad

Veteran
I don;t know about using BrixMix for fertigation... you might want to call PVGS... the sun is out and it might be a few days before Tom comes thru to answer.

Weather outlook is coming into line with my intentions. Or perhaps its my intentions coming into line with the weather. ;) Looks like we are about 3 days away from 50/90 night/day temps. woo hoo.

P

planty

I don't think T2U is in CO...Although my buddies from out there are saying the same..

Guest423

Veteran
Nope not CO, upper midwest, BD's have been hitting the area hard and steady for about a year or so, same with "Diesel" "headband" and "OG Kush". Sometimes all you can do is laugh at the quality and how it smokes, it's borderline pathetic.

The BD's are consistantly the same quality, look nice, smell nice, kinda tastey, leaves a nice smell in the air, potency leaves something to be desired IMO. You can always tell which strains yield nice because thats the stuff thats around the most. I actually like outdoor BD more then indoor BD.

As for the other strains they are all chemically pushed to their limits and burn like a piece of charcoal, first hit is kinda good then after that its pure shit, whoever is growing it doesn't have a clue what they are growing or how to grow it. Glad I haven't had to buy bud in 15 years! Feel sorry for the people that have to smoke a cash cropper product daily.

Guest423

Veteran
forsure, I'm speaking about the guys that try to grow the fastest most heavy strain in the shortest amount of time for the biggest yield pushing it over the limits with chems, no flushing or cutting back nutes, hurry up and try to dump it while its still moist for the highest amount of money they can get. Alot of greedy peeps in the world. Funny part is it will always happen because people will buy it.

Who made the BD hybrid? I have a buddy who just loves the stuff.

Y

Yankee Grower

Depends on the cash cropper, I guess.
I've had the same strain/cut from different growers and ranged from absolute crap to super nice. While genetics ultimately dictates potential quality most growers are pretty clueless regarding cultivating quality ganja or just don't care. Most everything out there is crap IMO and barely smokeable. I only smoke stuff I grow or from peeps I know that care about what they are doing. A shame to see a good strain/cut like BD get a bad rap cause a lot of people treating it badly.

Quality always sells. You can grow a lot of ganja and it can be either crap or great and mainly about if the grower cares or not.

nomaad

Veteran
Far as i can tell, nobody knows the creation myth of the Blue Dream. When I first returned to the States a year ago, I was given a couple of big fat jars from different friends to welcome me and my family to the 707. I got a fat jar of indoor OG and another of Blue Dream out of my buddy's greenhouse. None of it appealed to me like the Dream. First off, I am a big lover of the Haze. And the Dream adds great flavor (if you like berries and sour funk- which I do). Obviously, the yield is amazing and its pretty easy to grow... hence the wide proliferation and availability.

I have also smoked Blue Dream, same cut as I run, grown in massive quantities but organically and I have seen many many pounds of B grade dream... and its just not the same thing. But I have also smoked Bubba and OG that was grown to a mediocre standard. And just as worthless.

Merlot, Cabernet, Shiraz... its not the grape, its the grower. Just because the shelves are filled with shite Merlots, doesn't mean you can't get a good one. The price of each vineyard's Merlot offering is not based on the variety of grape, but how well it is made into wine. Same goes for Blue Dream in many markets.

See if I am crying at the end of the season with a bunch of Dream (amongst other things) on my hands.

I'd be real interested to know the origin of the strain, though... I suspect that there are a number of different clones around. They are so similar to one another, that my only thought is that it was a seed run that was first proliferated, or that there were a number of phenos released into the world from the same seed run. I am pretty close to sure that I have at least 2 and perhaps 3 different phenos.

nomaad

Veteran
I've had the same strain/cut from different growers and ranged from absolute crap to super nice. While genetics ultimately dictates potential quality most growers are pretty clueless regarding cultivating quality ganja or just don't care. Most everything out there is crap IMO. A shame to see a good strain/cut like BD get a bad rap cause a lot of people treating it badly.

My BD doesn't get a bad rap. Only from planty an co. who hate on it as a strain. They are strainists.

Y

Yankee Grower

Merlot, Cabernet, Shiraz... its not the grape, its the grower. Just because the shelves are filled with shite Merlots, doesn't mean you can't get a good one. The price of each vineyard's Merlot offering is not based on the variety of grape, but how well it is made into wine. Same goes for Blue Dream in many markets.
Ha ha...fantastic analogy! But then some people will not drink merlot and only cabernet just like some only eat chocolate ice cream and not vanilla. Part of this whole thing is personal preference regarding what's good or not and some of this banter is a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

I'll smoke just about anything if grown 'properly' regardless of strain and most stuff is not grown properly...hardly anything IME. I'm a pot snob in that way.

Y

Yankee Grower

Wish there was a delete post option here...lol. The weather has finally turned here in Cali. Looking forward to updates about your grow!

nomaad

Veteran
2010_0530_1.gif

Oh yeah... its on. That's what a Norcal June is supposed to look like.

nomaad

Veteran
lucky you. my trees would be 8 feet tall already and I would have planted them in 600 gallon containers if that were the case.

phatsesh

yeah some would be 12-16 hi and 5 wide come june but i would dig 4x4 holes and nothing on your scale. most were started from seed in feb, no clones or anything like that,everything from seed that came out of the best mersh like their was some stress we called diesel cause it smelled like it was transported in gas tanks now maybe it smelled like deisel for another reason and i passed on some fire. anyway now i would do it very different but i dont have to hide it anymore.

my favorite thing is how much the phenos have changed in my gear over 400 lil miles some would be unidentifiable. i was thinking of what bd could do in at my socal spot, how does she handle heat? 90-100? its nice but i miss norcal in august its much more temperate in the summer.

have you gone full outside yet? or are you still supping light?

localhero

Aww man you had to bring up 600 gallon pots didnt you? couldnt stay content in those little 200's and 300's lol. im just gonna skip a couple summers ahead and plant next season in 1200 gallon smarties.

nomaad

Veteran
I am going to run a single Cough plant in my greenhouse... I would do it in a 600 if I had one.