What's new

Nomaad OD:2010

nomaad

Veteran
End of an era? No way. Just the end of a season. I have been laying low and letting off steam. Hope you have all been enjoying your winter. I know I have. Right now, we have a foot of wet snow on the ground and the entire mountain has been without power for 3 days. Difficult to start thinking about the spring...

Expect a new thread for 2011 very soon. Lots of new and interesting projects in the breach!

Bongstar420

Freebie:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/long_range/seasonal.php?lead=7

Reasonably accurate annual forecasts for the win.

Oregon outs will get mold next year as a consequence of a probable normal water year (rains start mid Sept normally in Oregon). Do not grow unprotected plants that harvest after the first week of Oct unless you are in S or E Oregon...but then still not past mid October to be sure.

It will be a stroke of luck to not get rained on the 4th week of September. It tends to be clear for 10days in early October in normal water years.

With this information, I predicted every years crop outcome accurately. I avoided and pursued far more successfully in outdoor action. Its great knowing a year a head of time that outs are going to be rough at the end or whatever.

Just think how many rookies are going to think their grows will be like 2014, 2015 falls only to find that its hardly ever like that.

Indeed. The first half of October is shaping up to be clear, dry and warm. Every day, the first thing I do when I get to work is reload the Accuweather "month" view... Another bright yellow orb each day gives me a reason to give thanks.

Last year's storms began on the 12th. So far, we are clear to that point. I have faith in that forecast out to about 7 days... No rain dances, folks.