What's new

No pure sativas in med clubs.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I know that its a business and that growing long flowering sativas isnt too profitable but It sure would be nice if I could walk into a club and find some malawi gold or just good quality long flowering sativa to smoke.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
it would be nice. but clubs don't pay for the extra time it takes to crank out a 12 week strain......

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Last one I had was in a MMJ dispensary in Seattle.

It was called Pele (after the Goddess).

Green fluffy buds.

Never again a Sativa.

It was Head Candy for the brainy and active.

Made you feel good and relax while active. Great for depression.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
It is my dream to be a sativa only caregiver/collective member. The extra time makes for better medicine for some.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im suprised someone has not done just that grow out these outstanding sativa strains and the charge double for them

K

kannubis

hammerhead, they already do

oh wait - that is anything at the "d"

slyman

wouldnt they still make a decent buck with some sativas? and if they had a veg and flowering room it wouldnt b that bad

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
I can recall getting sativa dominant and influenced strain, but only once have I ever gotten a real (being 90%+ Sativa dom) deal sativa. It was Old Mother Sativa from the Berkeley club on Telegraph. Totally stringy long whispy blades of grass, with small brackets of "pods" so full they looked seeded and a smell that wasn't the "norm". I remember the lady saying it looks like it needed a better trim, but she was just uneducated. It was the only medicine that really had me borderline hallucinating. In the sense colors were more vibrant and everything was hilarious. I though I found the grail of what weed could be. I went back to get more but it was gone. I've seen it there again, but never the same, as that particular batch.

But yeah besides all that, it's a supply and demand market and with too many patients not picky enough to voice their opinions to their dispensary they will mark the curve so they buy the cheapest with the highest mark up. Not all the time, but most dispensaries unfortunately run of greed.

Oh and I don't think we'll see any real sativas for that matter unless you know some of the most patient growers ever. 12 weeks as was stated is relatively early for a real land race sativa. I knew a couple people who have attempted long flowering haze's and they'd get to 15 weeks before they become unmanageble and even then, they were premature with more than 50% white hairs.

It's almost understandable with the way things are that many choose to pump nutes into an indica and have it ready to sell within half the time with 3x the yeild and no headaches. It's unfortunately going to stay that way until you either find the right people or just buckle down and do it yourself.

Sativas>Indicas....fuck whatcha heard. Kidding...kinda.

Proph.

RVCA

it fucking kills me man, i go to a very very very small dispensary that offers a huge selection and once in a while ill find a true gem... i have a feeling alot of the bud comes from personal grows(possibly icmag members) and i freaking love it.

a couple weeks ago i got some "silver laughing buddha" at 50 dollars an 1/8. smelled like yellow with ammonia undertones. very enjoyable, strong sativa but the high was very short and that in combination with the taste made the 1/8 run out in 2 or 3 days and when i came back they were all out.

AcroPhobic

ahhh .. Sativas .. won't happen as most growers don't have patience with 12-24 week Sativas. Time is money. I just don't see it ever happening.

I'm glad I have the patience to grow great sativa smoke because the reward outweighs the long flowering time. Any grower/smoker who grows 12+ week sativas knows what I'm talking about.

RVCA

the only TRUE arguement ive ever gotten into in person about weed(that wasnt on the interwebz) was about blue dream and this pretentious asshole who was trying to sell it to me

the pieces of shit that come out of LA are truley world class...

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Mango Haze and Kali Mist

It would be nice to specialize in those two...

Keep you busy in ALL senses for sure.

Gert Lush

Veteran
it would be nice. but clubs don't pay for the extra time it takes to crank out a 12 week strain......
Kinda makes me wonder why they call themselves "medical clubs", then...

Ah, but real, 15+ week, stretchy, fluffy sativas aren't "medicine", well, not like quick-buck, quick-turnover 9-week stuff.
Silly me.

Perhaps if TC2010 passes (and isn't blocked by the $$$ "medical-growers") then that scenario will become more possible,

PondeLftHndSide

Veteran
A lot of people who are buying for the clubs have never had anything but new-school hybrids, they weren't even around for the old Sativas and would probably dismiss them out-of-hand based on appearance alone. I took some 16 week Tribal Vision that had been flushed for nearly 4 weeks and cured 2 months around to some local clubs, and nobody even wanted to look at it because it was "airy" and "brown". Some places wouldn't even let me finish explaining why I considered it an exceptional batch before they showed me the door, telling me "I've never heard of any Malawi or Congolese, I don't know what you're talking about". I was throwing down samples left and right, "seriously, smoke some of this and then tell me what you think"... nope. The one single solitary dispensary operator who knew what was up was an older guy who grew all his own meds for his collective and didn't usually buy from vendors. He went fucking nuts for it and got some for himself. And the only complaints I received from the other patients in my collective were when it ran out. Everyone wanted the TV once they smoked it.

The clubs don't have a lot of love-grown weed these days. You're going to find the fruits of the new Gold Rush, jar after jar of quick, dense, showy and smelly easy-peasy 56-day Indica-dominant club cuts grown by those guys you see at the hydro store every fucking time you go in to get some Hygrozyme. The "ooh, I'm going to make so much money" dudes. I meet more and more all the time. They don't know dick about the plant or about evaluating a sample beyond the fact that when smoked it "works" by producing some sort of intoxicating effect, but they're growing what you're going to end up smoking. If it has a name made up of a color and a type of fruit, they're taking twelve cuts home from the club and they're gonna blow up the garage, man!

I've said it a million times - anyone can grow some grass. Anyone. But it takes years of becoming intimately acquainted with this plant on multiple levels before one can consistently produce true connoisseur Sativa headstash in any significant quantity, and that's a commitment most are not willing or able to make in this day and age. Most people I meet who are getting into growing are doing it "on the side" to make a little money and want to grow whatever will give them the biggest return in the shortest amount of time. Pump 'em full of nutes, 3 day flush with some chemflush stuff, machine trim, quick dry, and voila. There's your overabundance of lame couchweed.

As long as people select their medicine based upon physical appearance alone it won't change. People need to realize that sometimes the ugly ones give the best head...

Relentless

Veteran
true.
I like both for what they are, but my favorite isnt the greatest looking strain.. My favorite is a cut of MK Ultra.. Fn amazing high.. So speedy.. 70 days 12/12.. virgorous in veg and flower.. responds well to all types of training.. takes nutes well.. etc.etc.

Latest posts

Latest posts