What's new

No pure sativas in med clubs.

smokefrogg

Veteran
i got ahold of a decent batch of stuff called "mendo haze" the other day, at $30 1/8 it was a good deal, the stuff is great for me, i have half of it sitting in a mason jar which i'll open in about a week to see if it's even better

vta

Veteran
In or around SFV? Green Angel of Malibu moved to Sherman Oaks..address on WT(GAM is known for some of the dankest meds around LA).

If you go, you need to check out Phyllis Dyler. Pure sativa that is the best I've had in a long time. The grower is keeping the genetics secret and only says it's a cross of a couple hazes. Sticky Sticky Sticky!

True sativa usually takes over 14 weeks indoor, and sometimes will not finish outdoor(northern hemisphere). Growers will grow it indoor if consumers/clubs will pay for it.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
recently got some kind of Jack Herrer cross with a banana strain. it smells nice, kinda like snowcap, kind of looks like it too. is this a true sativa? smokes like a sativa, didnt get any club but it might be hitting a few in SF soon...dont have full smoke report because im already high off OG

newbuds003.jpg

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Cinderalla 99 or Grapefruit Cut. If you can find the real Grapefruit cut. its Neivelles Haze X Cenderalla 99. One of the best sativas i had the pleasure of smoking and growing. I bought this stuff called Pinapple Express i thought tasted very similar. who knows..

Sativas definitely have a place in my garden and jars, I love them for "getting things done" or snowboarding.

For sativa leaning I have golden goat and velvet hammer, both 11 week sativa leaning hybrids, and I was gifted some kali most x cocoa kush x flo which is supposed to be a 14 week flowering sativa heavy plant.

JHerbz

Anaheim Has sativas.

i had some thai stick and ive had it before. just a reallllllllly old batch before. but it was great smoke.

bodymind

Veteran
Sativas definitely have a place in my garden and jars, I love them for "getting things done" or snowboarding.

For sativa leaning I have golden goat and velvet hammer, both 11 week sativa leaning hybrids, and I was gifted some kali most x cocoa kush x flo which is supposed to be a 14 week flowering sativa heavy plant.
have you grown them out yet? there are a lot of different phenos....

S

stickey fingers

i love sativas ! i am sure anybody looking for AAA SATIVAs will more than likely find them at the patients care in berkely, always the best although you will pay for it 60 1/8,
besides home its my next favorite place
:xmastree:

Greensub

Anaheim Has sativas.

i had some thai stick and ive had it before. just a reallllllllly old batch before. but it was great smoke.

Where in Anaheim? What strains? Thanks... that's not too far for me to drive especially if they have thai sticks.

Last edited:

Greensub

Whoops... got too excited and forgot this part...

Whoops... got too excited and forgot this part...

I agree, there's a lot of bland weed in clubs. Some are great tasting and look great but hardly do anything for me.

I got some blue cheese awhile back for $20 a gram, smoked it all in one night... nothin'. Went back the next day and got the cheapest... The Walrus (I think it's actually greenhouse grown SSH... I talked to the grower before a couple times) anyways, $7/gram, looked like crap, sometimes it would be mostly shake even, tasted like miracle grow... Overall High blew the Blue Cheese away, hands down better.

I remember getting better indoor on the black market years ago too. Not as good tasting but a much better high... probably longer curing by nature of the business side compared to the quick turnaround of the dispensary. But I'd always get super high smoking brickweed when that was all I could get. I used to have a real good hook-up for seeded mids back in the day that was real stoney too.

I still have a little shake left to smoke now... Woo-Hoo!

amannamedtruth

Veteran
IMO a sativa is much more economical than a well yielding indica...My best example is a SSH/G13 that yielded 5 oz in 12 weeks. The next best strain in the room gave 3 oz in 9 weeks...Getting 40% more produce and waiting only 25% longer just makes sense, especially with the price of pots, medium, extra veg light, and labor that goes along with more frequent harvests of indica.

A well grown sativa should cost less...at least a sativa dom. hybrid..

Well i can say for sure at least 1 of the younger crowd isn't blind to the light. Not only do i prefer a good quality sativa to a indica all day i also am not ignorant to the amazing quality that can be had outdoor. However everyone i know from my generation seems to think if it isn't grown indoors and is named kush or skunk than its not worth looking at, sad but true. However i still remember my dad telling me about the black veitnamese he was gettin in duffel bags during the war. Said it was the most potent shit he has ever seen. More potent than the thai stick, gold stamped hash, and especially more potent than the sativahybrids that i brought over from the local dispensaries. He said that it was filled with stems and seeds and didnt smell like anything special but swore he would see shit for hours after smoking. As he once put it when you can see the music and hear the colors you know you got the real deal. And for anyone who thinks that these landrace sativas are impossible to make a profit on take a look at verdantgreen's 250w scrog. He grows a 16wk landrace sativa cross known as "blackforest" and yields over 2gpw with a 15wk flowering. Under a 250w hps! not to mention it looked so good i would eat it.

I can't understand with the weather you guys get in Cali that outdoor sativa isn't top shelf in the clubs over indoor indica. I imagine most people in Cali have never even tried properly grown outdoor pure sativa (not talking about indica / sativa hybrids).

I predict in the years to come, Haze hybrids with no indica in it will come to dominate the market in both supply and demand in cali...it's still relatively new to feel safe growing outdoors with care.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yeah I love sativas too, but like KB said, nobody will pay for them to be cultivated indoors. I have a dedicated corner of my room I keep 1-2 11-12 week sativas in now, my first one will be done in about another 6 weeks (pineapple thai.) It's already 6' tall and covered with bud, but it's got a looong way to go.

As soon as sativas are commanding $4500-5000 a pound I'll grow all of it you want, but in the current market it seems to be worth LESS than shorter-crop hybrids, given the fluffy and sometimes downright-ugly appearance.

So between the low yield weight, long flowering time, and apparent market worthlessness, sativas will remain on the sidelines of the game. It's a shame really, I have Pure Thai, pineapple thai, Chocolope, Super Silver haze, and G13XHaze, all of which are a sheer joy to smoke. But to reduce the # of crops per year by 33%, man, ouch.

My patients enjoy my small batches of headstash with me, but I don't think it would even sell very well on an open market.

Sorry, rambling....

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I did see one guy who wasn't very knowledgeable post up a pic of "south american sativa" he bought. Just a name to him but true enough they were super sugary like an indica but pure foxtail. Super sativa looking.

But honestly there isn't much market for them. Not only do they take longer to grow and yield less but unfortunately lots of the med shop business is a younger crowd. As the saying goes "If you want to know something ask the young, they know everything."

They see buds that aren't as resinous and a bit more leafy, sparse and airy. They look at that and say its shitty grown immature weed with a bad trim job. They either won't buy it or certainly won't buy it at the same price as diesel.

You can also sell them indica weed, call it sativa and they won't know the difference. Look at
"bluedream" which has become such a popular cut. Kids all over grass city call it pure sativa and its clearly indica dominant in both looks and effect, regardless of what the pedigree on paper says.

Areebok

Wish we had indica here in my part of the world! everything here is purely sativa... takes a while for them to grow, and its a hassle to do it guerilla coz it can get quite tall around here! wish we had those buds that can put us to sleep! been living like an owl for the longest time... we need medical marijuana clubs here so people like me can get medicated... i tried sleeping pills and it doesnt work! keeps me up even more! (hassle) wish we had White Rhinos here! YOU GUYS ARE LUCKY!!!
-MUCH RESPECT FROM THE PHILIPPINE ISLANDS!

bok

Areebok

what lights do you use to grow your plants? i'm about to experiment on indoor growing but equipment here costs like crazy! hope you can get to visit the philippines and try sagada skunk, baguio gold, and the the philippine purple haze that grows wild on the mountain sides. i'm very sure you will love them!

-RESPECT FROM THE PHILIPPINE ISLANDS!

bok

Latest posts

Latest posts