What's new

No pure sativas in med clubs.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
I'm just looking for any quality sativa or sativa doms I can get my hands on. I've only had one sativa dom from years ago that i really really liked. 12-13 week citrus/pine unknown with some sharp medium length leaves.

Gert i'm with ya on the price issue. Maybe for some stellar sativa someone might charge 40 an 1/8, but for all those "stoney" couchlock varieties.. i'd rather not smoke at all sometimes with that stuff around.

bterzz

Veteran
How about Jack the Ripper?? Supposedly she is 70/30 mix but I take her to Day 75 and she is insanely sativa dominant. I have to warn people before the smoke it.

Relentless

Veteran
How about Jack the Ripper?? Supposedly she is 70/30 mix but I take her to Day 75 and she is insanely sativa dominant. I have to warn people before the smoke it.
nice man! my mk ultra cut is like that.. i feel like im on a upper instead of a downer :). cant stop talking on it.
love sativas!
my mku is done at 70days! i feel like reaching for that jar every time

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
if anyone comes across some good pure sativa meds in any clubs in sactown let me know....

smokefrogg

Veteran
i have seen it, chocolate thai, acapulco gold, then some hybrid stuff, hazes, very rare is it an awesome sativa though

ahhh...23 more days till i chop my little thai girl ;) the wait will be well worth it

ajc0k

yup when i buy bud i get it usually from grass roots in sf. out of 3 years of going there i've only spotted original haze once, top dollar goodness that reeked like mango or something similar, the dankest i've ever had. i went out to haight street right after i got it and took like 8 bong rips to the dome, had like a 4 hour electrifying buzz like i was on adderall or something, focused and racy. my buddy from UofArizona was trippin balls sooo hard as they smoke bammer out there around campus, still, i dream of walking into the club with the same strain. fucking love sativas even though i'll smoke some at night if it's all i have, and my heart is pounding out of my chest like i just ran a mile, kinda scary some times. after my next harvest i think i'm going to pop my 3 packs of wonder haze and wallys posi haze x c99 and get some on out there, even though it's no 18 week strain it'll be better than most of the generic same strains i see over and over and over again on the daily. PEACE

A lot of people who are buying for the clubs have never had anything but new-school hybrids, they weren't even around for the old Sativas and would probably dismiss them out-of-hand based on appearance alone. I took some 16 week Tribal Vision that had been flushed for nearly 4 weeks and cured 2 months around to some local clubs, and nobody even wanted to look at it because it was "airy" and "brown". Some places wouldn't even let me finish explaining why I considered it an exceptional batch before they showed me the door, telling me "I've never heard of any Malawi or Congolese, I don't know what you're talking about". I was throwing down samples left and right, "seriously, smoke some of this and then tell me what you think"... nope. The one single solitary dispensary operator who knew what was up was an older guy who grew all his own meds for his collective and didn't usually buy from vendors. He went fucking nuts for it and got some for himself. And the only complaints I received from the other patients in my collective were when it ran out. Everyone wanted the TV once they smoked it.

The clubs don't have a lot of love-grown weed these days. You're going to find the fruits of the new Gold Rush, jar after jar of quick, dense, showy and smelly easy-peasy 56-day Indica-dominant club cuts grown by those guys you see at the hydro store every fucking time you go in to get some Hygrozyme. The "ooh, I'm going to make so much money" dudes. I meet more and more all the time. They don't know dick about the plant or about evaluating a sample beyond the fact that when smoked it "works" by producing some sort of intoxicating effect, but they're growing what you're going to end up smoking. If it has a name made up of a color and a type of fruit, they're taking twelve cuts home from the club and they're gonna blow up the garage, man!

I've said it a million times - anyone can grow some grass. Anyone. But it takes years of becoming intimately acquainted with this plant on multiple levels before one can consistently produce true connoisseur Sativa headstash in any significant quantity, and that's a commitment most are not willing or able to make in this day and age. Most people I meet who are getting into growing are doing it "on the side" to make a little money and want to grow whatever will give them the biggest return in the shortest amount of time. Pump 'em full of nutes, 3 day flush with some chemflush stuff, machine trim, quick dry, and voila. There's your overabundance of lame couchweed.

As long as people select their medicine based upon physical appearance alone it won't change. People need to realize that sometimes the ugly ones give the best head...

Everything you've written is so true. The same can be said for organically grown outdoor MJ as well. So many especially younger folks have been bamboozled into the "indoors is better"
syndrome. I've had the same experience taking high quality outdoor to dispensaries. I've had several owners take it for their own stash and agree that they like outdoor organically grown better, but they have to "give their customers what they want".
They should be engaging in a little cannabis education for their patients.

There is good sativa around in small quantities. I think a lot of growers are like me. I have an indoor grow as well, and one Durban Poison, (from Durban S. Africa, not the DP that is mostly indica that you see around) among the commercial stuff that will probably take at least 2 cycles to finish. What I would really like to run is a '70s era Gold Columbian.

smokefrogg

Veteran
the amount of time is one of the biggest things, the look as well!

i understand some folks not wanting to wait 12 weeks + for a plant, but sometimes it just takes longer to do something a special way. that's how it is with a lot of the long flowering sativas!

the bag appeal issue with a lot of sativas, i don't know what to say about that. i understand that it's not "phat dense nugs", they often are more airy and occupy a larger amount of space for the weight that they give. again though, sometimes it just works out that way for something special ;)

i don't think that extreme sativas are for the person that just wants to flip crops and profit

T

theJointedOne

i went to bpg yesterday and they had some Jamaican sativa and some island sweet skunk, both were top shelf and very nice!

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
island sweet skunnk is nice but not a real sativa deal....but sol sweet skunk cut is a real hazy girl!!

T

theJointedOne

buddah have you tried the golden goat, its one of my faves and its got the iss in it

MedUser420

Im dropping off my excess 16 week indoor Neville's Haze to VHC. Trippy and profound, I love 100% sativas!

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
If true Sativas were more often found, people would do much less coke and meth.

The sad thing is that for many, MJ is just a come down drug.

Since Quaaludes are "gone" Indicas, booze and benzos fill the space.

In the eyes of drug dealers, Sativas compete with their other head candy.

And since many grow for dispensaries and "friends" the trend continues.

I can personaly testify on behalf of the pineapplple thai, She is done in 8 but let her go to 10+ and she will take u to the most high. One of the best souaring golf ball type highs ive grown so far with a nice powerful undertone. The flavor is ootw! Almost a synthetic pineapple aroma. Great daytime maeds. Let her get big and give her lots of love and u can expect an ounce per gallon of medium. My favorite plant so far sinse I moved to the 707 4 months ago. Cant stress enough how nice and powerful and tasty she is ! Cant wait to puff the BHO! She can usualy be found at Peace in Medicine IN Sabastapol{best club in North Bay imho}.

SamarianFarmer

I don't even think there are any pure sativas in the States no more, not since the 80's or somethin.

I have the fortune of living in SouthAmerica where they still grow wild, and the street reg weed is almost 100 % sativa. And what I can appreciate is that they have less THC content but they make it up on CBD and CBN's. And some of them don't even take that long to flower! I think this is because you American's mostly only want Indicas 24 / 7.

So all you pro grower's nuy a ticket to Jamaica or south america and bring back some great Sativa seeds! Demand It!

JamesB0ng

Sativas are something I try to stay away from myself. I usually get freaked out when I smoke anything that is crossed with sativas because after I smoke I feel overcome with sweat and start to feel like I can't breath and get up right away and feel like something is going to happen to me.

Relentless

Veteran
love sativas, just not the uber long flowering time. i can deal with a 10weeker.. my mk ultra has an amazing sativa high and its a 10weeker.

E

elmanito

I love sativas. Super Silver Haze was the only "real" sativa i've had. Loved it.

You can still notice the indica in this sativa dominant strain.A good new sativa strain which is hard to find is Laughing Buddha (Jamaican x Thai) from Barney's Farm.Mama Thai is another one but with a flowering period of 18 weeks.

A friendly grower i know grew this strain indoors

picture.php

This strain gives you a high of 9 hrs and such a strain is hard to find nowadays in the shops.

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis: