What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

No On-Site Consumption Of Marijuana

Hahaha. "Someone take my pic while i hit this joint beside the anti cannabis sign!!"

Seriously. People overlook state and federal laws on cannabis to medicate themselves as they see fit. What makes you think your little metal sign is going to stop them?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The police in my town see me smoke weed on the side walk and don't even stop. They have murders to solve.

U

usually

Seriously. People overlook state and federal laws on cannabis to medicate themselves as they see fit. What makes you think your little metal sign is going to stop them?

Causes fights though. If you plan a trip with that person and don't plan on doing that part then usually you get upset at them for getting away with it or for getting caught in one of those places.

if the sign can stop one person then its enough.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Causes fights though. If you plan a trip with that person and don't plan on doing that part then usually you get upset at them for getting away with it or for getting caught in one of those places.

if the sign can stop one person then its enough.

...wut?

I'm not gonna say anything else after this, but believe me when I say that nobody is going to want to work for you. And the ones that decide to "put up" with your tyrant-like attitude will be thinking of ways to rip you off and steal from you out of resentment.

Is that really worth it just so you can be a dick and boss people around with a bunch of ridiculous rules?

I'd suggest a change in attitude. Not only is it not going to behoove you in real life, it also doesn't look like you're making many friends here on icmag. If I were you, I'd adjust my 'tude and maybe find something else to post about.

U

usually

...wut?

I'm not gonna say anything else after this, but believe me when I say that nobody is going to want to work for you. And the ones that decide to "put up" with your tyrant-like attitude will be thinking of ways to rip you off and steal from you out of resentment.

Is that really worth it just so you can be a dick and boss people around with a bunch of ridiculous rules?

I'd suggest a change in attitude. Not only is it not going to behoove you in real life, it also doesn't look like you're making many friends here on icmag. If I were you, I'd adjust my 'tude and maybe find something else to post about.

Gee that sure is an awfully threatening post.

I'm not gonna say anything else after this

yea thats basically what the sign implies.

if you look at the majority of the high paying jobs pretty much all of them don't allow you to smoke on the job. more people have trouble getting jobs at those places. the hiring part is much simpler on that level.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
if you look at the majority of the high paying jobs pretty much all of them don't allow you to smoke on the job.
I definitely don't want to work for you. In one thread you've proven you're intolerant and really don't understand the worker/manager relationship. I wish you luck in improving those skills.

The majority of high paying jobs not allowing cannabis toking on the job has nothing to do with performance. It has everything to do with ignorance and prohibition.

U

usually

I definitely don't want to work for you. In one thread you've proven you're intolerant and really don't understand the worker/manager relationship. I wish you luck in improving those skills.

The majority of high paying jobs not allowing cannabis toking on the job has nothing to do with performance. It has everything to do with ignorance and prohibition.

Why would you think i would need you to work for me in the first place? I don't like role play games.

Cant have that many people commenting on the effects of being high and at the same time try to say it doesn't effect performance.

Worker/manager relationship is always different better or worse.

cbcool

"And the sign says "Long-haired freaky people need not apply"
So I put my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why
He said you look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do
So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that, huh, me working for you""

"Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs
Fuckin' up the scenery, breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign"

Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign"[/quote

I second that. Don't burn the sign. I want to know where I'm not welcome so I can stay far away.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used to work in the wine room at a 5 star hotel in Dallas. I smoked multiple times a shift out in the parking garage. No one cared. I waited on the Bush family, Tony Blair, Ross Perot. They didn't care. Secret service never cared. I went to a Bernie Sanders Speach. Secret service searched my bag at the entrance and found my weed. Again they didn't care. Nobody really cares except bully traffic cops that didn't make the college football team and old church folk that think it's the Devils weed.

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Why would you think i would need you to work for me in the first place? I don't like role play games.

Cant have that many people commenting on the effects of being high and at the same time try to say it doesn't effect performance.

Worker/manager relationship is always different better or worse.
You have a lot to learn.
I was 36 before I found out I was high functioning autistic, had already gone through 60+ jobs. I have a MUCH more diverse understanding of employee/employer relationships. I can see your experience and vision on the subject is extremely limited. I wish you luck with that.

Seems all your experience is with stoners, they don't make up the majority of "cannabis users." I can see why you believe all cannabis use interferes with work.

Empty your cup and listen to the good advice on here, or suffer by sticking to your guns. :) Your choice, buddy. :)

Douglas

U

usually

Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign"

Asian girl already complained about me putting my hair into a hat for that reason. changes your vibe.

I second that. Don't burn the sign. I want to know where I'm not welcome so I can stay far away.

I usually do the same thing when it comes to those type of locations.

Nobody really cares except bully traffic cops that didn't make the college football team and old church folk that think it's the Devils weed.

Text would be cleaner without the nobody cares part. Its like adding a catch 22 when you say that then add exceptions.

You have a lot to learn.
I was 36 before I found out I was high functioning autistic, had already gone through 60+ jobs. I have a MUCH more diverse understanding of employee/employer relationships. I can see your experience and vision on the subject is extremely limited. I wish you luck with that.

Seems all your experience is with stoners, they don't make up the majority of "cannabis users." I can see why you believe all cannabis use interferes with work.

Empty your cup and listen to the good advice on here, or suffer by sticking to your guns. :) Your choice, buddy. :)

Douglas

Hi.

You are commenting on 2 sides at the same time. Thats not very helpful to me. I understand the concept of making everyone aware of the rules and getting them to essentially fire themselves for breaking the rules. Trying to separate cannabis users and stoners into 2 groups is not realistic. Its a fact that all cannabis use interferes with work. Im not sure which guns you even think im sticking to, can you sum up what you mean by that?

Douglas.Curtis

You are commenting on 2 sides at the same time. Thats not very helpful to me. I understand the concept of making everyone aware of the rules and getting them to essentially fire themselves for breaking the rules. Trying to separate cannabis users and stoners into 2 groups is not realistic. Its a fact that all cannabis use interferes with work. Im not sure which guns you even think im sticking to, can you sum up what you mean by that?
I never said anything about separating people, I originally pointed out you should base hiring/promoting/firing on performance.

You're sticking to your "I want this sign" guns and an apparent inability to treat people on a performance basis.

Not confusing at all. :)

Douglas

U

usually

I never said anything about separating people, I originally pointed out you should base hiring/promoting/firing on performance.

You're sticking to your "I want this sign" guns and an apparent inability to treat people on a performance basis.

Not confusing at all. :)

Douglas

Most of that post was on separating people into 2 groups. Performance does not apply to much for maintenance type jobs. Most are toned down to the point that anyone who actually wants to work can keep up. After you setup checkpoints then there is not much performance to comment on besides attendance.

Are you trying to go all the way back to the place people work without signing any paperwork? Id prefer to have that sign in place of a person that changes there mind randomly.

Latest posts

Latest posts