What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

No On-Site Consumption Of Marijuana

JRace

Some of us don't tell ourselves that. We're relaying information that was told to us about our work habits.
You go ahead & believe what you want. Belief in no way translates to fact!

I don't want to work, personally...
But...
When I take a toke or two of the right variety, shit doesn't just get done, it gets done more efficiently.

Then again...
I work under the paradigm of "Work smarter not harder!"

You see it one way...and the way I see it is that you don;t work better stoned, you work worse 'not stoned". and Frankly I do not want someone who needs to be stoned to do the job right.

Fuck, and I thought kids had horrible work ethic. But the "i need top be stoned to do my job" attitude is far far worse!

Clearly you do not have a hard job if you can do it better stoned.

U

usually

You are so wrong it's not even funny.

Complying with federal smoking regulations, however, is.

But if he doesn't comply he will lose his kid.

paladin420 said:
old schooler here. Curiosity About my private life is unbecoming. Especially when the answer could harm my children more than my smoking habit. Even in our "legal" state child protective services will take your child for the wrong answer...

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
You see it one way...and the way I see it is that you don;t work better stoned, you work worse 'not stoned". and Frankly I do not want someone who needs to be stoned to do the job right.

Fuck, and I thought kids had horrible work ethic. But the "i need top be stoned to do my job" attitude is far far worse!

Clearly you do not have a hard job if you can do it better stoned.
Writing code is VERY boring if not stoned!
:laughing:

mtbazz

Writing code is VERY boring if not stoned!
:laughing:

be truthful...

how accurate is the code you write while stoned compared to the code you write not stoned?

I simply cannot imagine doing my job while high. I work in the biological sciences as a researcher and it would be impossible to do anything that I have confidence in while I was high.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
lots of writers, artists, and musicians like to smoke weed and work.. probably more complex than farm/trim work too. not as many consequences though if you make a mistake

U

usually

lots of writers, artists, and musicians like to smoke weed and work.. probably more complex than farm/trim work too. not as many consequences though if you make a mistake

You are over complicating it.

I dont think he is.

His point is great - artists and musicians can be stoned to do their work because it may positively influence the mental state they do that work in

On a farm or at a licensed facility working under the influence isn't recommended for safety and legal reasons

shithawk420

Veteran
Lol! My father and I get on 12 pitch roofs and tear off and shingle stoned.we always get the job done and never fallen off.if weed fucks you guys up that bad you can't do your easier than my job tasks then maybe stick to mellower weed.we don't have any problems

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
CANNABIS AND WORK IN JAMAICA:
A REFUTATION OF THE AMOTIVATIONAL
SYNDROME

Lambros Comitas

http://www.cifas.us/sites/g/files/g536796/f/201505/Cannabis_And_Work-Jamaica.pdf

G`day Folks

Here you go .
An actual study into people working under the influence of cannabis .

Those that say work suffers haven`t read this paper ...

The thrust of this paper, consequently, will be an attempt to alleviate
unwarranted fears of social collapse by providing examples from a society in
which cannabis has been in widespread use among the working class for a long
time but where passivity and withdrawal from everyday work does not exist
and where the arnotivational syndrome does not pertain.
In fact, it is a society
in which cannabis use is thought by many to have motivational effects: to
arouse or initiate socially productive activity, to sustain activity in progress, and
to channel activity within a prescribed course
Thanks for sharin

EB .

N

noyd666

before the world went nuts over drug tests the mine where I worked was full of stoners , truck drivers ,shovel ops, whole place was laughing, we set record levels of production. was a great place lol.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Same thing at the factory where I worked pre-piss tests. The stoners worked circles around the rednecks and were singing about it. Fucking rednecks ruin everything. You heard me, OP.

U

usually

I dont think he is.

His point is great - artists and musicians can be stoned to do their work because it may positively influence the mental state they do that work in

On a farm or at a licensed facility working under the influence isn't recommended for safety and legal reasons
probably more complex than farm/trim work too. not as many consequences though if you make a mistake

More complex means more consequences not less. Trying to make that work the opposite way is over complicating things imo.

lots of writers, artists, and musicians like to smoke weed and work..

The person that only has to ask themselves yes or no one time gets more clout then the one sitting and waiting for yes answers. Titles don't matter as much as yes answers. Its still just failure or success at the end of the day.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im pretty sure the guys at teh taco place smoke all teh weed!
or mota as tehy call it

#tacorevolution #yousmoketoomuchmota
picture.php

Floridian

Veteran
When I saw this thread I figured it was about dispensariy workers doing bonghits while selling cannabis.In all of my years working as an electrician,I would say probably more then half of us worked while under the influence.This would probably freak most non smokers out but its really not a big deal at all if you have an inkling of what you are doing.It certainly used to motivate me.My pace after lunch quickened and I was definitely a happier sparkjumper

Latest posts

Latest posts