What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ng37dBA's cab to room build & grow

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
WOW! Killer job on the grow my man. Youve done a nice job bringing back some of the sickly looking plants nicely. Thats not an easy job, especially for someone just starting out. Very nice work.
Enjoy your writing approach and detailed posts. Thanks and keep it going. Love the strain selections too. :D

negative37dBA

Veteran
WOW! Killer job on the grow my man. Youve done a nice job bringing back some of the sickly looking plants nicely. Thats not an easy job, especially for someone just starting out. Very nice work.
Enjoy your writing approach and detailed posts. Thanks and keep it going. Love the strain selections too. :D

Hey thanks for those nice comments trichosaurus. I was hating how those plants looked early on. This next go they will look much better the whole way. Learning new mediums and nutrients is challenging, espsecially when dealing with unknown bagseed strains. I was able to to keep clones of the 2 versions of Chemdog that I have. So I will be able to grow those again in the future. I am going to reveg the Pure(#2) and try to keep her as a mom as well. Just to great a quantity of trichomes to just let her go.

Pure looks fantastic thanks for sharing.

Appreciate the nice words about the Pure 40AmpstoFreedom. So lucky to have found this in a bag and get these results. Looking forward to keeping a mom for a future grow. Might be a nice one to start crossing some others with. Has great qualities. Grows easily, short, lots of branches, heavy, heavy trichome production.
I will put this picture back up for refference. It was taken at day 42 of flower.
picture.php

I will post some of day 63 as well when I get there.
The smell is wonderfull. It is on the perfume/floral side of the spectrum, sweet too.
Love your name. I have 45 total available, not using them all, but nice nickname.
Looking forward to trimming these girls up!

negative37dBA

Veteran
So lets take a break from all the indoor action and head outside. It is the first day of summer you know!
I live in a virtual paradise for outdoor growing. Year round water supply with lots of sunny days and temperatures in the summer exceeding 100 degrees. It is a heaven for outdoor enthusiasts as well. Almost any outdoor activity you can name is done here.
That can be good or bad. Easy to blend in, but lots of people/traffic around. The thing I have observed over the years of being outside is that people tend to stay right near the spots where they recreate. You can literally go five minutes off a trail in any direction and never see anyone.
It is with this in mind that I set out to find a excellent spot to do a outdoor grow. Since it is already the first day of summer this will be scouting for next year. I fugured the more prep work done the year before should pay off well when it comes time to do the planting/harvesting next year.
The things I would like to find with this spot:
I need it to be within a hour of my front door, with hiking. I need access to water all the time, no hauling here, the back thing is kind of a downer. I need it to be secure and stealthy. I think a plant here and a plant there style will work best for me. We get regular fly overs in these drainages every year about that time.
I know of people who know people that grow around these parts. Just over 1LB plants in the norm. Topped and kept low is the way to go. Strain that has been grown with lots of success here is a Super Silver Haze cross.
I need good southern exposure and good natural soil, again do not want to haul massive loads of soil/ammendments to the site.
Here are a couple of shots.
Lots of water, this runs all year. Look close and you can see part of my "crew"
picture.php

Old closed logging road. Good access point. I have seen very few people use this road over the years in the summer. Mostly a good winter access point for kick ass backcountry sking.
picture.php

I have definitley found the "spot" Being all new to the outdoor situation, will any of the strains I currently have work for me?
The latitude is about ,well I really do not want to say because it will really be a location giveaway. Altitude is around 1900' I will do some research on what it take for the latitude I am at.
I have a Pure, takes about 9 weeks indoors.
I have a Chemdog(#1) takes about 8 weeks indoors. The #1 is my designation. This was a bagseed find.
I have a Chemdog(#2) takes about 9 weeks indoors. The #2 is my designation. This was a bagseed find as well. This one closely resembles pictures I have seen of the Chem'91 VA. I have heard talk of a BBQ meat smell. It's got it.
I have a MK Ultra. Have not grown it to completion so no real idea.
I have the ability to grow them up indoors for how ever long before they go outside, within reason. I can only pack so big of plants without being noticed. Right around 24".
My pack contained some items not so popular with most of the people in the area.
picture.php

Just getting started here...long way to go but alot of time to get there.

negative37dBA

Veteran
I took down 1 of the Pures this evening...Day 63 of flowering. Trichomes were turning about 15% amber here and there. Trimming was fun, watching all those trichome ladden leaves fall to the tray...yum.
Here is the whole plant.
picture.php

picture.php

Here are a couple close ups. Remmember that shot from day 42?
Day 63. Trichomes close up.
picture.php

Second close shot.
picture.php

This is the TRIM!
picture.php

negative37dBA

Veteran
I recieved the excellent advice of a couple of members of IC Mag on how to revegatate my Pure(#2). Thanks so much Lifebreather & rafe She is just to nice to let her go, so here we go with the revegatation of the Pure(#2)
I let it dry out well before harvest. I left on several low branches with flowers and as many leaves intact as I could. I did a root prune to size down the rootball to something more consistent with the vegatation size now. I gave it a very small watering and placed it back under the MH at a increased distance, 24" to 27" from the light. Waiting patiently.... I have good confidence it will come back.
picture.php

1 last shot of the underside of one of the Pures flowers. I thought it looked cool.
picture.php

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
OUTSTANDIG JOB!!!
YO negative alll nugs are ridicolous well..except for the chemdog that are out of this world..ehh really nice work grower, enjoyed your own weed!!!
i think you will become a famous here very quickly ehh ehh

negative37dBA

Veteran
OUTSTANDIG JOB!!!
YO negative alll nugs are ridicolous well..except for the chemdog that are out of this world..ehh really nice work grower, enjoyed your own weed!!!
i think you will become a famous here very quickly ehh ehh

Really appreciate you following along killerweed31. That Pure does have some crazy coverage on it. One of the best things is that I seeded a low branch back in post #28 with some SSH cross pollen. That branch has been set aside and is drying out right now. Really excited to see what those seeds may produce. This Pure is also seeded from the accidental pollination that occured in week 3 of flowering. I will be saving all those as well as they may bring some interesting results.
Along with the reveg I should have some options down the line with this one.
picture.php

negative37dBA

Veteran
Took down Pure #1 & #3 today. Lovely.
The whole plant, #3
picture.php

Some nice flower shots.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

A close up.
picture.php

This one has a slightly different smell to it. A bit more danky, skunky funk than perfume/sweetness to this girl.
Will have the Chemdog #2 down later tonight as well. I will post up some shots of that 1 to. Cannot wait to do a detailed smoke report on all 3 kinds. I tried 2 hits of quick dried Pure earlier...knocked me down for a good bit...pretty heavy. Desired effect achived. The slow cured should be wonderfull.
Great Saturday.
PS, just getting ready to try my first samples of ISO and BHO ever!. Excited.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
CANT WAIT BRO, that pure lookin incrosted in resin production .."wtf".. i just image the tasty of this buds bro...

negative37dBA

Veteran
CANT WAIT BRO, that pure lookin incrosted in resin production .."wtf".. i just image the tasty of this buds bro...

Yes "incrusted" would be a good desciption of the reisin coverage. It is sweet. Thanks for that killerweed31. Very lucky score on my part. I was just able to make them look halfway decent. I would have to give most credit to the genetics. I did play a part yes but the plant should get most of the credit. The next time I grow these hope them to look near perfect.
I have been lookng at some suggestions from members that this might be a Afgooey cross. I looked at a few desciptions and the smell seems right on the $. Remember I found this in a bag labeled "the pure" but who knows what the seed really originated from? Whatever it is, it looks incredible. We will see what a cure does for the medical effect.
Here are some shots of the Chem#2 that came down this AM.
I had trouble with this one from the start and never really got back on track completly. I will have to experiment eith some lower nutrient levels I believe. It still came out with some real nice buds and good trichome coverage where it counts.
Whole plant.
picture.php

Some flowers.
picture.php

The top.
picture.php

Another nice flower.
picture.php

A close up.
picture.php

So I tried out some ISO and some BHO for the first time yesterday. Man that is some really strong meds. Just a couple of small dabs and I was good for about 4 or 5 hours. I found myself qiute spacey and I giggled a bit at times. Tried some more today and felt like it was too much for me during the day. Went for a walk with the hounds and found myself just sitting down over and over again watching them run about....basically spacing out.
The oils will be a night time thing for me I believe. Very nice though. I have a friend who has a very bad knee, this will be good for her. Such a small dose for a really incredible effect for me at least.
All the flowering plants are down now. Room is being used to keep moms and reveg the Pure(#2). Cloner is running but not having the best luck this time. I will be patient...those MK Ultra cuts I cannot wait to grow out.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Sorry I have been slow to post up a final smoke report on this grow. Been kinda slow mo around here lately. Heavily medicated and loving the results.
I will post up some shots of whats happening in the room right now. Working up some mothers and clones for the next round. My MKU mom has been doing wonderfull. Have taken about ten clones off of her and training her to get ready to flower. Here she was at 6-8
picture.php

Now at 6-29. Sweet. I think she looks dang near perfect.
picture.php

Here is the whole room.
picture.php

Thats my Pure#2 reveg in the foreground. Going well so far.
One of my Chemdog moms. I am going to call this the '91. Its a educated guess, but it has got the smell and the look.
picture.php

Flowers are in jars curing as I post this. Will put up a detailed smoke report this weekend. Going to borrow a friends macro lens to make some cool shots. Soon as those clones take off I will be on with a MK Ultra grow diary.
Parting shot. Pure#2, may actually be Afgooey. Was as bagseed find.
picture.php

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
what a hell bro...so sweet resin...enjoyed your own grass bro, kudos to you!!
ps: that chem lookin ridicolous well
pps: your mom are sexy ehhh

Lifebreather

Veteran
Very nice, neg37, that is exactly how I would have revegged. I'm impressed you had the composure to leave so much plant and not be compelled to remove more. More plant left intact = easier reveg.

Way to be.

I've lost a killer keeper or two in my time, and wished I knew then what I know now.

And...exactly how loud is -37 decibels? :)

:dance013:

negative37dBA

Veteran
what a hell bro...so sweet resin...enjoyed your own grass bro, kudos to you!!
ps: that chem lookin ridicolous well
pps: your mom are sexy ehhh

Thanks killerweed31. My goal next time with the Chem is to have it look like yours all the way in your 1percent grow...real nice stuff there.

Very nice, neg37, that is exactly how I would have revegged. I'm impressed you had the composure to leave so much plant and not be compelled to remove more. More plant left intact = easier reveg.

Way to be.

I've lost a killer keeper or two in my time, and wished I knew then what I know now.

And...exactly how loud is -37 decibels? :)

:dance013:

Your advice was followed Lifebreather. Thanks so much for those nice comments.
When I went to cut the Pure #2 I told myself leave qite a bit, you can either harvest it all now, or some now and have many, many harvests later. Do not get greedy. I left 5 branches. I had to take the flower of one because it was the one I pollinated. I left all the others completely intact. She has been drinking water and I see some new pistil growth down low. Again really thank you for the very consice step by step instuction on the reveg. I will pm you about your question. I also want to ask you a couple of questions about how to leave the positive reputation for your great help? The smell of this really does not have any kind of skunky smell. Its all floral and sweetness.
Have a geat Saturday. Is it sunny out? I cannot see through the cloud of Pure/Afgooey? smoke.

negative37dBA

Veteran
So finally a smoke report on these 3 strains. All came out excellent, different but excellent. Pure has the least seeds, farthest away from plant that threw pollen. Just a hider every now and again. CD1 is totally seeded. Have to pick through each little nug. The CD2 has the 2nd least seeds. You just find one here and there. They all have good points and the only real negative is the seeds. I will collect and label, never know what they might bring.
Here is a shot of all 3. So different.
Great thing as well is that I have a mom of both Chemdogs and a reveg going on with the Pure#2. YES. They all deserve to be grown again correctly all the way.
Left to right: Pure, Chemd#1, Chemd#2.
picture.php

We will start off with the Pure/Afgooey.
picture.php

Smell: Very sweet, perfume, floral. Reminds me of a candy.
Look: Killer. Covered in trichomes, nice white look to it. If I saw this in a jar at a collective I would pick some up. Good tight buds. Very few pistils visable, the trichs kind of hide them. There are not that many to start with.
Effect: Strong. Expands in the lungs to where you just can't quite hold it. 2nd hit brings on a very nice relaxed feeling. I can still get out and do stuff as well but it makes you kind of want to sit and chill. Great afterwork smoke.
The Chemdog version 1.
picture.php

Smell. Not real strong in the jar but when you greak up a bud you get that unmistakable hint of diesel.
Look: Quite excellent. Super tight buds, bright orange/red pistils, some purpling and great trichome coverage.
Effect: I like this to start my day, gets me rolling in the AM. Has a strong hit, good expansion. Feels pyhsically stronger on you than the Pure. The Wake-n-Bake with this is wonderfull. Start your day flying high and feeling no pain.
The Chemdog version 2.
picture.php

Smell: It is very hard to describe. Spicy, very strong smell. It is very good though. Still trying to decide. BBQ meat rotting? Some pine tree? I do not know.
Look: This one has looser buds than the other 2. Not airy, just not that hard density. Godd distribution of brown pistils. Looks much greener than the other 2 due to a bit less trichomes on the small leaves.
Effect: Its a couchy feel to it. I get sleepy on this one. Could be because i only smoke it late in the evening. Good one for pain. Night, night.
Real pleased with the results of this grow. 3 real nice strains. Ended up with some excellent medication given the early pollination that happened. That Pure came out with probably the most trichomes I have seen on a plant that I have grown.
Well on to the next go around with the MK Ultra.
Thanks all for watching and all the nice comments and questions. Have a great summer.
ng37

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
The Chemdog#1 looks like some killer smoke. Nice job with them all.
Looking forward to the next round with MK Ultra. :)

negative37dBA

Veteran
The Chemdog#1 looks like some killer smoke. Nice job with them all.
Looking forward to the next round with MK Ultra.

Thanks for that Trichosaurus.
Been real busy for a while. Getting totally medicated on my last grow results. All I can say is Hell Yes!! What I grew rocks. It is so strong my consumption is way down and the high much stronger than most I have experienced in the past.
The MKU grow is rocking on. I am doing a 1 plant go this time. She is big, in a 6.3 gallon pot and has at least 30 heads. She touches the walls in my 4.5' wide room.
Not going to do a full on grow diary just some updates evry now and again. Just to busy. Have been popping some beans and got a female Northern Lights to go. Turning her into a mother. I have 5 nice strains now in mother form.
Northern Lights
MK Ultra
ChemDog#1
Chemdog#2
Afgooey...what I grew as the Pure last run. It was NOT the Pure...it is most definately Afgooey.
So I am a pretty happy camper right now
Here are some pictures of the MKU big girl.
At 6-29. Training.
picture.php

Start of flowering. Day 1. 7-17
picture.php

Week 1 of flower. 7-23
picture.php

Week 2 of flower. 7-29
picture.php

picture.php

She looks perfect. I am using Fox Farms Ocean Forest. It was given to me in this soil so I kept using it. I sure like it. Just R/O PHed water and I have been good to go.
I have put 3 of my moms in it and going great.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Here are the moms. Cab is kinda full right now. Still building the other one. I did add a second light to the cab. Now 192 watts. As you can see she is holding 8 moms right now. Cab still keeps temp at 2 to 3 degress above ambient with my extract on at 25% or about 22 CFM. This is 2.2 air exchanges per minute for my size cab.
Here it is.
picture.php

My MKU mom.
picture.php

The Chemdogs 1 and 2.
picture.php

The Northern Lights.
picture.php

I also have a reveg of the Afgooey. It has gone exactly as I would have hoped for. It bushed back out and will be ready to take clones from soon. As I was not able to take clones from this plant when I had it vegging I am super happy to keep this strain. My best ever qualty wise.
Big thanks to Lifebreather for all the reveg advise.
picture.php

negative37dBA

Veteran
Day 24 of flowering. She is looking great. Just fed for first time with Advanced A & B Sensi bloom. Buds are forming nicely. Crystals started showing up near end of week 2.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Will drop in another at week 4 to start my little 2 plant perpetual. It will be another MKU. Up after that will be the Afgooey. The reveg went great and its ready to take clones from right now.
Good day all. Back next week.