What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ng37dBA's cab to room build & grow

negative37dBA

Veteran
Here is the Chemd. Sorry about the white balance. I was in a hurry.
day37_chemd_Copy.jpg

day37_chemd_nugs_Copy.jpg

Some cabinet build updates to come shortly.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Some of the first steps were to cut a new back.
wholecab1_Copy.jpg

Create the air chamber in the middle.
cab_air_space_Copy.jpg

Cut some shelves & install some slider hardware. 100LB.
cab_momside_Copy.jpg

drawer_slider_hardware_Copy.jpg

Love those sliders!

negative37dBA

Veteran
I have been continuing my cabinet build. It is going a little slowly. I have had to leave on business a few times lately and will be doing it again this week.
Have got the basics cut and now looking at electrical equipment placement. Still trying to decide on lighting. Lot more electrics than that will need to be fitted. Remote ballasts, outlets and such. Kick area will come in handy for that.
cab_build1_Copy.jpg

Cloner side.
cab_clone_side2_Copy.jpg

Air vent holes in shelf floor. Intake is located just below this.
cab_mom_side2_Copy.jpg

The intake.
intake1_Copy.jpg

Lots more to come. Lighting, lightproofing the ins and outs, wiring, remote controlled magnectics locks and fans.... and...and.
Love the space challange of cabinets.

negative37dBA

Veteran
damn awesome job

Thanks so much for that shagdawg420.

Had to leave town for 4 days on business. Was worried about them drying up to much. Been going about 3 days between watering. I got home and yes 1 day to long. Lost all of the leaves that were damaged earlier by defeciencies. Darn trips hurting my plants.
Day 42 of flower. Start of week 7.
Pure#2
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ChemD.
picture.php

Flowers not getting real big. I am only in 1 gallon pots. The trichome content is very high though. Especially on the Pure#2. Was hoping the ChemD would be heavier on the trich production but we will see how it smokes.

negative37dBA

Veteran
On with the cab build.
Working on the bottom part of the cab now. Positioning electrics and intakes and such. Making sure everthing fits before I start cutting. Pot is my intake hole guide.
Here is the bottom preliminary layout. 2 black items are circ fan control and remote controlled 12V power.
picture.php

Lots of pieces adding up.
picture.php

Here is a shot of those leaves I lost on the dry out.
picture.php

negative37dBA

Veteran
Whats going on in the other cab right now. 2 each of ChemD with 2 different phenotypes(characteristics).
The 3 in the small pot are Pure. I really just tried this as an experiment. Hoped to get at least 1 to root. The Pure showed some bad signs early on but it was stressed. The only reason I am tryng to keep her is the trichome production is incredible. May not do the same things when treated better. I also have a isolated space for them untill I figure out if they are keepers.
picture.php

Amazing how bad a clone can look and still come back. The CD2 were just like the CD1 a couple weeks ago.
These look so bad because I took them well into flower and it took over 30 days for them to root.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Just had to post up some more shots of this Pure#2.
This is hands down the trichome winner this run. My photo skills are crap and I still think the pictures are pretty good. Still really does not do justice to them like a good in person examination.
Pure#2 from bagseed. All 4 sides.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

negative37dBA

Veteran
Some closer shots of the Pure#2.(#2 is my designation for seperation in the garden, not a different strain)
The top. Day 43 of flower
picture.php

A random flower. Sweeeet!
picture.php

Close up. Loving that coverage!!
picture.php

I do not hear about the Pure very much on IC. It seems as though everyone is into the flavor of the day. I like the Pure's high. It is very talkative. Makes me want to do things. A great day starter.
Cannot wait to do a little experimenting with what type of ISO oil this will produce.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Beautiful. Love the last shot. Did the Pure end up very heavily seeded from "the accident?"

HAHA, "The Accident" Love that. Thats the way I will quote that in my notes. Thanks, Kindest. The seeding from what I can tell is not as bad as I first thought. The JTS cross that sat between the 2 that flew pollen is completely seeded. It seems that 1 bore the brunt of the pollen attack.
I see a seed here and there in all 3 of the Pures & some on the ChemD. It is not a complete waste. I will have some, what looks to be excellent quality, buds to med with.
The most heavily seeded parts and plants will be my first ISO oil run. Lookng forward to that.
That last shot is just a samplng of whats on those leaves. It is one of the heaviest trichome coverage strains to come through here.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Here we have a 42 day sampler plate. Kinda like those bars that have many beers and you get a small glass of a bunch. Love to do little tasters along the way. Used to think it was a sin to take some early but I am way over that. There will always be another crop comming along.:) These are just some of the lowest flowers.
From left to right we have:
ChemDog
Pure#1
Pure#2
Pure#3
picture.php

picture.php

Like I stated earlier all #'s are just my designations to keep things straight in the garden, not different strains. When you have only a few plants I like to # them individually to help with feeding and problems.

lob19

Veteran
Hi! Very nice, super clean setup, I really like it when people grow in nice'ntidy conditions :)

I think you're overdramatizing with this accidental pollination - couple of seeds won't affect your yeld or quality of smoke.

Good luck :wave:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi! Very nice, super clean setup, I really like it when people grow in nice'ntidy conditions :)

I think you're overdramatizing with this accidental pollination - couple of seeds won't affect your yeld or quality of smoke.

Good luck :wave:

Thanks for the comments lob19.
The seeding is pretty bad. It's ALOT more than a couple.
The sampler bud of ChemD had 12 seeds in it. Barely got 1 bowl out of it.
The Pure samples only had a couple. They are really hard to see before it is dryed.
I will have to ask though how would it not affect the quality and yield of smoke?
The flower spends alot of its energy producing seeds. Thats energy that would have went into flower production.
I would have to disagree.
I believe seeding will hurt yield and quality.

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Hey ng37dBA!

Loving the amount of detailed builds and effort you are putting in here. Wish you the best of luck, will be watching how these turn out for you.

What was it that pollinated your females???

SGS

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hey ng37dBA!

Loving the amount of detailed builds and effort you are putting in here. Wish you the best of luck, will be watching how these turn out for you.

What was it that pollinated your females???

SGS

Thanks so much for that SGS. Really appreciate the comments.
I had some crosses that went wild on me when I was out of town for only 2 days on a business trip. Threw male pollen sacks on the floor.
I posted about earlier in the thread. This is what I get for dealing with bagseed finds. Being a solo stealth grower, no one knows I grow. I have grown nothing but bagseed my entire growing career. Its what I could find without exposing myself. Every grow its a new wild west show. Never know what you will get.
Still have not figured out the safe address deal for seed purchasing. I have longed for REAL genetics and stable plants. Someday.
Again thanks for the nice words, helps keep a fellow going strong. Its one of the main reasons I joned. To be able to show others withoout comprimising myself.
The other was the vast knowledge base. Thanks ICMag

negative37dBA

Veteran
This whole way I have forgot to put up nutrient levels. You know, PH, PPM's, EC and temperature. I have I think once.
I have been using Advanced Nutrients, not the full line just the Sensi A & B. A tiny bit of magnesium and Superthrive along the way(probably was not needed) I use R/O water.
Using the AN calculator to get base numbers. Then I decide what to do depending on the way the plant looks.
Here is a picture of this runs notes.
Right side, veg information. Left side, flower info. Top, notes.
picture.php

Really helps to go back over it and pinpoint problems to avoid next run. Looking back I can see the PH was to low early on and caused some problems.
Less mistakes next run = Bigger yield, better quality.
Just have to say the photo I took of my Pure#2 from post #49 got nominated for POTM!!!:dance013:
Just cannot say how STOKED I am about this. Sooo nice to get respect from others on here. My first online grow show as well.:thank you:

G

growcodile

what a great bagseed that pure#2 is ... amazing frost :D

any idea what genes could be in that cross ?

your way of being a stealth solo grower is a very good one .. you should continue that!

negative37dBA

Veteran
yo negative37dBA what a crazy resin covered...high quality grower and strain eehhh confirmed bro!!!!!!

Thanks for that killerweed31. Yes this one is a trichome hog. A nice 1 for sure.

what a great bagseed that pure#2 is ... amazing frost :D

any idea what genes could be in that cross ?

your way of being a stealth solo grower is a very good one .. you should continue that!

Thanks for commenting about the Pure growcodile. The Pure is a cut of classic Skunk#1. Great smell, very sweet, just a hint of that skunky funk. Very easy to grow and a heavy yielder.
The leaves are so sugary on this one I want to eat them when I work on it. I keep touching it just to sniff and sniff. This seed was found in a bag from a Pacific NW collective I picked up on a trip to that region. I stored them for 2 years then germed them all and ended up with the 3 females.
I am a big smell person, taste is not my strong sense. I LOVE smelling high quality strains. This one smells so nice.
I like the solo deal to, but it makes it hard to source genetics and have stable varieties.