What's new

ng37dBA's cab to room build & grow

negative37dBA

Veteran
Here is my MKU at day 28. About halfway there. I counted over 33 real nice tops/branches. Should be a great yielder.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is my MKU #2. Going to be putting in a couple of these or other strains every 3 to 4 weeks for a nice little perpetual.
picture.php

See you all again at end of week 5.

negative37dBA

Veteran
just sat and read this whole thread. amazing attention to detail! good show good show

Thanks for those nice comments Walt Jabsco. This run has been well....a bit boring with just the 1 big plant. She looks great though and I am real pleased with the progress. Going to grow the Afgooey next time. I have a nice mom that I revegged. About 4 weeks from now I will put in a couple of clones to keep the perpetual going.
I went to a scatch and dent sale today at a HVAC company. Picked up this nice Fantech FG-6, 257 CFM centrifical. For $50.00 I could not pass it up. Probably about $139.00 retail. I do not have a use for it YET but it will come in handy in the near future.
I already use dual Fantech FX-6's at 303 CFM to exhaust and bring in fresh air. They work excellent.
So a little dusty and no box but unused and never wired up. Came with the instructions and the bracket.
picture.php

picture.php

Here is a shot of the damage...almost nothing.
picture.php

negative37dBA

Veteran
I am taking some clones this eve to start the next round of growing. I am putting a few in here and there and keeping it perpetual.
I will be taking 4 clones. Do not need a whole lot when perpetual, at least for me. I estimate my big MKU girl to yield real close to 12 ounces. For me that will last much more than the 4 weeks till the next harvest. The perpetual is important for me. I will be able to be self reliant and at a cost and quality that I could never get elsewhere. I have some Afgoo from a local dispensary. Its is good but man....when I compare it to my stash of Afgoo grown by me. No comparison. Mine wins out on every front. Just more fuel to keep it going.
So on to the clone taking. I use 1 of 3 methods depending on how many I want and the space I have available at the time. Aero cloner that I built or simple humidity dome made out of a used ice cream container and a tupperware or simpler plastic ziplockbag.
This time I wanted 4 clones so my humidity dome is the choice. 4 beer cups cut down a bit. Filled with spagnum, perlite and vermiculite. Take cuts like normal, dip into cloning powder and stick into dirt after making a small hole. Then I spray them dowm and put the lid on. Check them now and again and spray them a few times. Pull the lid off and on we go.
I am taking 2 cuts of the Afgoo. Really looking forward to growing this 1 again. Best quality wise I have grown and I saved the mom with a reveg. Then 2 cuts of the NL or HB707, I do not know what it is. It was another bagseed score. Either way I am looking forward to it.
Here are the 2 moms. First 1 is the NL or 707. It is far right.
picture.php

Here is the Afgoo.
picture.php

The next 2 upcomming MKU's
picture.php

Here is the MKU big girl at day 34.
picture.php

picture.php

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
hey man i just sat here and read your thread from the start. Im not sure how i didnt see this thread before... either way you did an awesome job on your first run and the next one looks like it is going to be even better!

i love how you keep everything clean and professional looking. i also was very impressed how well you brought your plants back after looking pretty bad in veg. you gave me hope that my girls that had a rough time in veg also will pull through and produce some killer buds.

you even gave me the motivation to redesign my cabinet and start a grow diary after im done my current run.

awesome job man!

ohh and if you are still curious on how to aquire a safe addy, i have a idea i think would work. shoot me a PM if your interested

negative37dBA

Veteran
hey man i just sat here and read your thread from the start. Im not sure how i didnt see this thread before... either way you did an awesome job on your first run and the next one looks like it is going to be even better!

i love how you keep everything clean and professional looking. i also was very impressed how well you brought your plants back after looking pretty bad in veg. you gave me hope that my girls that had a rough time in veg also will pull through and produce some killer buds.

you even gave me the motivation to redesign my cabinet and start a grow diary after im done my current run.

awesome job man!

ohh and if you are still curious on how to aquire a safe addy, i have a idea i think would work. shoot me a PM if your interested

Thanks so much for that soursmoker. I really appreciate the comment about the cleanliness and professional look. My goal with growing was not just to grow but to grow with some style. Keeping things clean is just the way it should be. You can eliminate so many problems by keeping your spaces clean. Building things right the first time will pay off along ways into the future.
Learning nutes and different growing media is challenging as well. I am in the FFOC right now and I think I started feeding just about 1 week to late. Showing some small signs of defs on a few leaves. Will up the application rates next watering and things should be good.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Popped a couple more MKU's tonight into the flowering room. Loving this perpetual deal. Really looking forward to having meds come off so often. This will be my 3rd set in the room at the same time. 3 different start times for flower on the plants..hope that makes sense.
These 2 are at day 1..the small ones left and back right
picture.php

picture.php

Here is 1 at day 13. All systems go
picture.php

A couple flowers from 1 at day 38. frosting up nicely. Hard to see with HPS I know.
picture.php

picture.php

negative37dBA

Veteran
Here is my super cheap cloner that so far has given me a 100% success ratio. Only 3 for 3 so far but you got to start somewhere right? It is a used ice cream container for the bottom and a cheap dollar store tupperware for a top. 4 cut down recycled beer cups, 16oz size. Cost about a $1.00.
picture.php

picture.php

What the cabs looking like tonight. A little room to breathe now that the new girls 2 are in flower.
picture.php

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
looking nice as always! I'm curious tho what's up with that yellow cup? it looks like you got two clones in there but with no media in the cup? you could have just not shown us what you did with those after the pics. just curious...

negative37dBA

Veteran
Trying out a water cloning method I read about. Just plain R/O water and a 2 headed cut. Just going to leave it there and see if roots come. The guy I read it from just left it on his kitchen sink window. I though I would use my cab. It is not a method I will probably use alot but I though I would try it just to see. I like trying new things to see how they work out.

negative37dBA

Veteran
A few frosty MKU shots. This is day 39. Hope you like. I do.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Grown in Fox Farms Ocean Forest the whole way with additional shots of Advanced Nutrients Sensi A&B bloom as the FFOF ran low on goodies. Its my first time with the FFOC. I like it. Will take me another run to get it just right though. Started feeding to early with this one then backed off for just a wee bit to long. Now it really wants some nutes.

Last edited:

Green81

Veteran
Super tight diary, you really stepped up your game, just read from start to finish, loving your style. Was going to comment that your might be over feedi g your plants but you've got that dialled in now. Impressive strains too.

Peace

G81

negative37dBA

Veteran
Super tight diary, you really stepped up your game, just read from start to finish, loving your style. Was going to comment that your might be over feedi g your plants but you've got that dialled in now. Impressive strains too.

Peace

G81

looking killer for day 39 imo

Thanks Green81 and soursmoker. Really appreciate that. First run with the FFOC, was hoping to nail it but it takes a run to learn the plants needs and the performance of the media for me at least. I am doing 4 sets with the FFOC, all MKU. I should have it figured out by the 2nd time. Trichs are comming on nicely have a good bit of time left to pack more on.
My 2 clones of AG and 2 of NL/707 will be back in a soiless mix for there go round. Using the AN Sensi on those. I think I have the needs figured out with the soiless and AN since thats what I used on them last time.
Have a great Saturday. I am doing a little Wake-n-Bake with some of the Afgoo and a touch of some powerfull oil. Then heading to the river with my hounds.:woohoo:
They love to go paddling with me in my boat!

negative37dBA

Veteran
I have reached the start of week 7. Was a bit late in getting pictures so had to take them with the lights on. Kind of kills the details but no choice.
Whole plant. Day 42 of flower. When I think about how this has got at least another 15 to 20 days to go I get a bit excited. Can you say large yielder?
picture.php

Some random flowers.
picture.php

picture.php

This is round#2 MKU as well. Day 17 of flower.
picture.php

Everthing is going well and have the 3rd set in and flowering now.
Just thinking back on what a great summer it has been. Been medicated as hell everywhere I go...keeping mostly pain free. Almost all on my own meds I grew. What a great feeling. I used to get real anxious when I would get low on my meds. Wondering if I could find some or what type of quality it may be. Thats all gone now. Knowing that I am in charge of keeping myself stocked up is of great satisfaction. No worries about quality. The few strains I have are excellent by my standards and I know exactly whats been put into it.

Last edited:

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
you got some nice chunky nugs there bro! congrats and good thinking keeping it perpetual! as soon as I figure out my issues I'm going perpetual too

negative37dBA

Veteran
you got some nice chunky nugs there bro! congrats and good thinking keeping it perpetual! as soon as I figure out my issues I'm going perpetual too

The flowers are really putting on some size. Love how the outer branches with a bit more light are having the buds all connect to form a nice cola. Real nice quality looking strain this MKU. Very stable...absolutely not 1 hermie, preflower or banana. I found it pretty easy to grow. What a pleasure. Big difference from my last grow with all the pollen flying around and such. Really looking forward to NO SEEDS this time. Will do even better next time. I am going to try and up the P in my nutrient schedule to eliminate that purpling on the petioles.
With the perpetual I would say go for it. You really have to think ahead. I have 3 rounds in there now with 2 more rounds comming up in the veg cab. I have 1 more MKU vegging for the 4th round and then the 4 clones I took are going to be 5th. How far apart you start them will dictate how often you need to clone. Right now I am shooting for a new round every 3 weeks. Ahead of that schedule at the moment. So that means taking new clones every 3 weeks and not breaking the cycle.
You might try for something a little slower to start. Like every 4 weeks to start. A bit less work and not so many stages of growth to deal with. In another 9 days there will be a 5th round in there. Just 1 plant, but that 5 different stages of growth at the same time. Something to think about. I keep real detailed notes and it seems to be workinig for me but it could get complicated quick.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Just thought I would put these here to take alook at. Looking good to me at 46 days flowering.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I will give a quick run down of the settup and growing style for those who have not read the whole thing.
Room: 4.5'x5.5'x7.5'
Lighting: Dual 400's in aircooled hoods. MH & HPS. Digital ballasts
Strain: MKUltra from clone.
Medium: FFOC with added AN Sensi.
Pot size: 6.1 gallon.
Air Flow: Dual 303CFM Fantech fg series pulling through a Can 50 and the hoods. 1 for intake and 1 for exhaust.

Last edited:

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
your killing it bro! so jealous that I'm limited to cabinets with CFls at the moment. can't wait to move out and start up a closest like yours with some 400s

Latest posts

Latest posts