What's new

NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

iTarzan

If "ifs" & "buts" were gifts and nuts, every day would be Christmas.
Peyton Manning never threw for 500 yards in a game. His high was 479.
There have been only 16 500 yard passing games in NFL history, and Ben is the only person with more than one. Brady did it once.
Norm Van Brocklin has the single game record @554 yards, but that was in overtime.

It isn't ifs and buts numbnuts. It is circumstances. You need the right game to set a record like that. You don't try to set a record like that.

You are a lonely, anti-social who can not present one thread... NOT ONE THREAD where you actually get along with people. You are a combination of the village idiot and the town drunk.

You must be covered with black and blue marks from all the ass kickings that happen to you on a daily basis. LOL!

Start a thread and see how many people join in. It will be a fun experiment. Lets see just how disliked you are.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
stats are stats...besides you think luck is better than manning anyways, so why are you even arguing a moot point?...

that doesn't mean I don't think manning is capable but automatically placing him in the ranks of the few qb's that HAVE accomplished 500+ yds in a single game for what he is "capable" of doing is a smack in the face for those that HAVE accomplished the feat that were obviously "capable" as of right now the stats suggest peyton HAS maxed out at 479yds

shoot- ben also threw 6 TD's! that is a performance I'd call one of the greatest of all time, and weren't the colts supposed to be a fairly good/competitive defense? the bucs did a whole lot more to stop big ben a few weeks ago...I didn't see that coming, but it was an awesome game to watch

RetroGrow

Veteran
NOT ONE THREAD

Not one thread where you are not trolling me. You are obsessed. I'm not going to argue with someone so small brained, who contributes nothing but trolling posts, as you just did in the MMA thread. You are nothing but a troll, and Orioles fanboy. End of story.

Now, on to the game.
Cowboys are now favored by 6 points.
They played terrible in the first half. Turned the ball over near the goal line, costing them a touchdown. Romo sacked three times. They are going to have to make adjustments, which I think they will. Washington's offense is really bad, so I don't see them scoring much. Dallas was favored by 6.5 in the first half, but messed up with fumbles and sacks allowed. Got to believe they will improve in the second half, although Redskin's defense is playing well.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Redskins putting up a battle!

Much better game than I expected.

Yup. They are a much better team than the Cowboys tonight, on offense and defense. Now, with Romo done, so are the Cowboys. Their play calling has been atrocious, and they are being out coached by a mile.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
is Romo coming back in?!?!? i wouldn't be surprised he has been one of the toughest QB's in the league.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Risky if he has a herniated disc in his back. I have 3 of them, and they can be very painful, plus he risks further injury. The backup has played well, so I don't see why they would put him back in. Skins look like the better team. When teams like the Cowboys, Chargers, Colts go on winning streaks, they draw a lot of attention from opposing coaches, who eventually figure out how to stop them. Should have taken the points tonight. Teams go on a streak, and the point spread keeps rising. Eventually, it's too much to overcome.
Ha, ha! Romo probably got 2 injections: toradol, and cortisone. Toradol and cortisone are both anti-inflammatories. They can make pain disappear. I'm surprised they would risk his health.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
You don't see why they would put him back in? maybe because they want to win the game but what the hell do I know

Last edited:

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
here's ROMO!...if he's done so are the boys imho...same weeden from Cleveland...he's perfected the art of every season other than this one romo-ing

RetroGrow

Veteran
You don't see why they would put him back in? maybe because they want to win the game but what the hell do I know

I don't see why they would risk his health. What's more important, the game, or his health?
Anyway, Romo had an easy first down on that last play if he ran. Whole field was open in front of him. But on the previous play, when it was third and four, I thought they should have run. They had 2 chances to get 4 yards on the ground. Thought they could have made that easily.
Their play calling was bad all night long. They were beaten by a third string QB. It was a trap game. Cowboys ripe for a letdown, and Redskins playing with no pressure. I fell into the trap, also. Dallas just not an elite team.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Do you understand how competitive these guys are? Romo isn't a pussy and doesn't care about his health look at his past also what sense does it make to leave your starter sitting there when he can play especially when Weeden is your back up, everyone is banged up anyways its the NFL after all. Cowboys won 6 straight game and still are a top team in the league as of right now. It's unrealistic to think just because a team is favored by 9+ pts or playing well for almost 2 months to just keep winning, i forget teams that are good are supposed to go undefeated because that happens all the time, right?

iTarzan

The point of that post was others could have done it. But most that had a chance, including Manning many times, never have a chance to get it because they are involved in a blowout.

WTF does me thinking if Luck is better than Manning have to do with me saying Manning was on pace several games to go over 600 yards a game whaadez? It never happened because the games were blowouts. Not because he couldn't do it.

Big Ben has two 500+ games. His best was 522 against the Colts. Ties him for 4th all time with BOOMER ESIASON. BOOMER FREAKIN ESIASON. That is how much 500 yard games mean. BOOMER ESIASON. LOL! Boomer's was against NY and the final was 37-34 in OT. See circumstances.

There needs to be a reason to keep passing now. Most teams don't just run up the score like Norm Van Brocklin and the Rams did for his record against the New York Yanks. It was 41 to 7 and he chucked one more TD and passing in the 4th quarter.

Tied for #2 with Warren Moon at 527 yards is MATT FREAKIN SCHAUB. It was a 43-37 win in OT. Circumstances.

The 500 club is just loaded with all time greats like Vince Ferragamo and Elvis Grbac.

Big Ben's other 500 game was a 37-36 win over the Packers. He was in a battle with Aaron Rodgers who had 380 yards passing. CIRCUMSTANCES dictate a 500 game not just greatness.

Schaub came within 3 yards of doing it twice in a 497 game.

iTarzan

Four of the top six teams in the Power Rankings lost this week and 6 of the top ten. Now one was SD losing to Denver but the others were baffling loses. Well Arizona is better than people think and the Eagles are worse.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Romo can play hurt, the only question is should he.
he seemed ok except he couldnt really scramble. or move that well.

weeden is no one's idea of a good qb but he led the cowboys to 10 pts on his two drives, mixed in some play action passing when under center, some shotgun when it was a passing down. basically played to his strengths, such as they are.

romo tweaked his surgically repaired back, i thought it would be better if he sat out in order to avoid further damage on another hit. plus he wasnt particularly effective when he did come back.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Romo can play hurt, the only question is should he.
he seemed ok except he couldnt really scramble. or move that well.

weeden is no one's idea of a good qb but he led the cowboys to 10 pts on his two drives, mixed in some play action passing when under center, some shotgun when it was a passing down. basically played to his strengths, such as they are.

romo tweaked his surgically repaired back, i thought it would be better if he sat out in order to avoid further damage on another hit. plus he wasnt particularly effective when he did come back.

Agreed. When you are talking about a back injury, especially a surgically repaired back, you don't take chances with a player's health. If he needs another back surgery, he could be lost for the season. Of course, every player wants to play, but sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture. And Weeden didn't play badly. He wasn't the reason they lost.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Thats up to the player and doctors not you, he was cleared and wanted to play....big picture is they're looking to win and you don't do that with a back up QB, there is a reason brandon weeden doesn't start in the league.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Thats up to the player and doctors not you, he was cleared and wanted to play....big picture is they're looking to win and you don't do that with a back up QB, there is a reason brandon weeden doesn't start in the league.

Thanks for clearing that up. For a moment there, I thought it was my job.
Someone's angry that their team lost....to a third string QB.
Or were you talking to Bababooey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts