What's new

NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
The All-America Football Conference where he played most of his career, had only 8 teams, so you had a 1 in 4 chance of playing in the championship game, all things being equal.
How about Jim Thorpe, as long as we're talking old timers? He played pro baseball, football, and won multiple gold medals @ the Olympics in pentathlon and decathlon, making him the world's greatest athlete. His gold medals were taken back after it was found out he had played professional baseball. Not a QB, though.

He played 4 years in the AAFC and 6 in the NFL, so most his career was actually in the the NFL where he still went 3 for 6 in title games inculding 2 in a row to leave on top. Also I know only 8 teams were in the AAFC but he played 3 different teams in those 4 titles games which still tells you even in those days its was crazy and unheard of to make 10 (6 striaght in NFL) title games in a row! Funny thing is once he got to the NFL he only played 2 teams in those 6 title games so maybe the NFL was janxy. Also lets not forget how the NFL looked like fools having the newly deemed AAFC team open up their NFL season with the defending champs Eagles, who Otto owned and showed the AAFC had gem players too. No one mentioned Thrope but how many title game did he win in a row? Winning is equal to greatness which Graham falls into that category, now I am realistic on my rankings because of the era, if it were all about the rings he'd be #1 and no one is saying that. If we can compare old timers in baseball, basketball, and hockey why not football too? Also we always say what would these old timers do in today's game, how about how would today's players be able to adapt to the old timers game?

iTarazn....I would compared him more to Yogi Berra (yanks fan here, lol) because he didn't have the most dominating stats ever (even at the time) like a HR record for consecutive years but rather got the most important stats any athlete tries to accomplish and that championships.

Also I would stay away from that Packers Saints game that line is awfully funny and it appears the bigger money seems to be on the saints. The saints are a much better team at home historically and need a W to keep competitive within the division. On top of that I don't love the pack at away they seems to either lose or win extremely tight games. I am actually looking forward to watching the Philly Zona game today and will be rooting hard for zona to beat the shit out of philly, not for financial reasons but rather the idea of my boys being the only 1 lost team in the division!

Falcons up 14 early.....I would be so pissed if I was a player and had to do the london thing, come on now how many west coast stoners are up at 630am watching this game????? Us east coast stoners have enough trouble placing our bets in and setting are fantasy line-up by 1pm

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I set my alarm for this game....mainly because I needed to find out if megatron was active or not...coffee, wake-n-bake, I could do this every sunday...there's literally only a half hour of no football today...that gives me time to squeeze in a shower and a hot pocket!

you guys are fuggin old...pre merger football...say what?!

I threw out a couple longshot parlays this week...centered around these picks:

I got carolina +6
pats to win
phins to win
bills to win
philly @ +3 coming off the bye vs overrated cards
indy to win
Texans to win
pack +1
Dallas to win
KC to win
Bucs -3 coming off a bye and the Baltimore beatdown...

long shot, but I need some gavitas and a new mini split...so gotta go for broke! lol

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
megatron has been killing me in my big money league not to mention montee ball, I at least had hillman on the bench. Good luck with the parlay, a new mini split would be nice to win today just eat a good luck hot pocket, pepperoni pizza or ham and cheese always do the trick for me.

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
time to squeeze in a shower and a hot pocket!

hot-pockets-snackers-2011-o.gif

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
megatron has been killing me in my big money league not to mention montee ball, I at least had hillman on the bench. Good luck with the parlay, a new mini split would be nice to win today just eat a good luck hot pocket, pepperoni pizza or ham and cheese always do the trick for me.

yeah man, I have ball and mega on my $ league squad also...i'm used to first round bust(doug martin last season...ouch) I don't have Hillman, but I do have Vereen, leveon, and joique rounding out my stable of backs...mega's killin me though, I figured the dez/mega combo would set me up for some good points but that hasn't totally came into fruition as of yet...need to start getting that production outta them though or my seasons toast

the big question is, will ball get the start when he's healthy?

Miraculous Meds

Got to love a delay of game. Moving the ball back 5 yards and then making the field goal after missing from a closer distance.

Did u see poor Mike Smith picking grass on that rekick. lol

Prater not a bad pick up for Detroit. What did Denver cut him for, smoking cannabis?

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
he was drinking beers at home...Denver cut him because he was too expensive for a kicker that only needed to make extra points lol

my boy is a cheese head...he's HATING that penalty lmfao

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Honestly from my perspective I think Hillman looks way more comfortable and more efficient than Ball has been. Ball is still young and has some growing to do but he was the starter to begin the year so the coaches obviously trust him. If Hillman keeps playing the way he is now I think at the very least they'll get a close to 50/50 or give it to whoever has the hot hand on that day when Ball comes back, unfortunately.

That was crazy Mike Smith, how does he still have a head coaching job?

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
man, I knew the bucs were gonna be the one to kill my big parlay...fucking sefarian Jenkins...wtf...I was honestly hoping that the Vikings would miss the field goal and it would have been a push...damn. I know better than to bet for or against the bucs, they are my betting nemesis

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Nevermind that bucs game, friggin colts giving up 35pts before half! Zona Philly turning out to be a nice game too.

iTarzan

The Colts are going to win this game and cover the points. The Steelers have been singing, dancing, showboating and celebrating all first half. The Colts are fired up now. Hell even Tomlin was doing some shaky epileptic dance celebration with a WR.

Stay tuned!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.