What's new

NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
well the other thread got closed for some reason or another...the 2013 season is over and it's time to start the thinking about the upcoming september...

Who do you guys think get the #1 overall pick? I don't really have much of a clue other than i dont see it being johnny football

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
here's a little vid for my niner brethren...mind you I don't necessarily think the nfl is rigged, but this video does highlight some important bad calls in the nfc championship game. this is not an attempt at flaming or trolling, merely just a topic of discussion. don't even watch it if your gonna get bent outta shape bird fans ;)

[YOUTUBEIF]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEp4r2q9tTA[/YOUTUBEIF]

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fixed it for ya.......

[YOUTUBEIF]NEp4r2q9tTA[/YOUTUBEIF]

I agree, the game was full of penalties, bad calls & no calls steering the Seahawks to their win.

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
The Broncos seemingly did not match up well with the Hawks this year, also losing big in their preseason game.
The 49ers seem to match up better, all the matchups last year coming down to home field.
Would the 49ers have obliterated the broncos if they had advanced to the superbowl? Who knows, probably not, that game was an anomaly.
If the broncos and seahawks played 10x, how many times would denver only score 8 pts?
they really didnt match the physicality of the hawks. blame that on the coaches.
the niners can match their physicality. itll be interesting to see how crabtree responds when they play again.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
This was my favorite game of 2013-
"What a comeback! The Indianapolis Colts trailed by 28 points in the second half. The Kansas City Chiefs appeared to be headed to an easy playoff victory. Then the Colts came sprinting back. Among the many amazing plays along the way of their comeback trail was this Andrew Luck touchdown off of a fumble recovery."
andrew-luck-touchdown.gif

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
^ agreed, I hope the colts can stay contenders. I really like andrew luck, and I think he has what it takes to become one of the greats. colts really need to cut heyward bey though, I've got better hands than that dude....and richardson really need's to play more like an actual nfl caliber back or get the hell gone...
I am a bit inclined to believe arians had a lot more to do with the success of pagano in year one, and saw more than a few times where pagano appeared clueless in the 2013 campaign

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
The colts are going to need a better defense if they hope to contend for championships. Manning's time there proved you need a good D and special teams if you want to win multiple titles, no matter how good your qb is.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
The colts are going to need a better defense if they hope to contend for championships. Manning's time there proved you need a good D and special teams if you want to win multiple titles, no matter how good your qb is.
He proved it again the other day.:)

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Nice pics, Jelly.
Indy's spent a bunch of money on free agents. Hakeem for 1 year at 5mil might be a deal if he plays well; if that happens it will probably lead to a multi year contract where he immediately and persistently struggles with injuries until he's waived after 2-3 years.
This is known.
Vontae Davis for a whole bunch of money was a head scratcher. He played better last year than at any point in his career but that's not saying much. Hopefully the Colts know what they're doing but it seemed like a reach to me. But maybe that's what the market is now.

When are the Niners going to shut up and pay Harbaugh? I think he's worth 7mil a year. Maybe not 8, I understand the logic that the team doesn't want to pay a coach a SB winning price until, you know, they actually win a super bowl. But my gosh did that organization forget the rogues gallery of HC's they lined up before getting Harbaugh?
He's a pain in the ass but he's also a winner. Lot of franchises could use a coach like him; there's a bunch of fired HC's still collecting paychecks because they were didn't win enough. When you get a good one you hold onto him.

azez

Veteran
one and done for seattle

one and done for seattle

Niners quest for six and i will cheer for any team playing against
the seachickens and the worst fans in the nfl.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Lot of news going on with SEA and SF.
Russell Wilson's getting divorced, Kaepernick did creepy things to a passed out drunk girl (or not), Aldon Smith keeps doing crazy things (dont mention bomb to a TSA person, please, any word but that one), Terrell Pryor is traded to SEA and SEA hired ex-Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland, i guess because he was so successful there or they like the way he interviews draft prospects.
Looking forward to the draft, see how high Manziel and Clowney go.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
yea...can't wait for this offseason to be over! too much crazyness going on although kaep's name has been basically cleared in that whole miami incident afaik...the chick wouldnt leave until she had some nfl genes in her jeans...til patton called the po's.

imho aldon probably said something stupid to them after they wanted to double check all his crap like "wtf?! your acting like i have a bomb" or something like that would be my guess....but niners will probably pick up the 5th year option on his rookie contract...too much talent to just let him hit free agency...better to lock him up on the semi cheap for a long time with an out for continued stupidity.

MIMedHead

Let's go Lions! Hopefully a new coach will bring some maturityto our home team. Everyone knows we need it most. Can't wait to see our dynamic offense with Golden Tate he will get to haunt the packers twice a yr now lol

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
i wish the niners would pull some crazy move and get pick #5 from oakland to hopefully grab clowney or evans maybe...evans is a lot like crabtree and would really help us out if #15 walks after this season....although I'm not too sure he's as eager to leave as he was reluctant to sign in the first place....totally different team from then to now, back then there probably weren't many prospects that wanted to go to sf...kinda like the jags now.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Doubt Clowney drops to #5, despite the so called issues about his work ethic.
Why Mike evans and not sammy watkins?

Schwartz had 1 good season out of 4, and these last 2 seasons you could see he was not the answer there, not if the lions wanted a consistent winner.
Not sure that Jimmy Caldwell is the answer though. He's had some success, had a good year with Peyton (but then, who wouldnt) and led the Ravens on a super bowl championship run in the playoffs, but other than that not sure he's the answer either. Unless maybe hes got a bit more experience now and will be a better HC.
It will be interesting to see how he does. theyve got some talented players, if he can become QB whisperer to Stafford then great qb play can win you a lot of games. Theyve got the best #1 wr in the game, but golden tate, eh. hes strong and physical but lacking in the height dept. if he can click with stafford he'll contribute but how open can he get? didnt impress too much with the seahawks, but never played with a wr like Megatron either. If he gets 1k yards and 10 tds he'll justify the signing. maybe he can get there playing so many divisional games; the nfc north is not the black and blue division anymore. good offenses, bad defenses, it's like the big 12 conference.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
So Manziel falls to Cleveland at #22. Maybe that will change their fortunes. I could see him being successful, he's accurate and mobile and gutsy.
Bortles at #3 by the Jags was a stretch I thought. Maybe he becomes the next Roethlisberger but i doubt it.
Bridgewater to the Vikings at the end of the 1st round could be a good pick for them, his draft stock fell but he cant be as bad as some of the qb's theyve been lining up there. when youre begging a broken down Favre to come out of retirement you know you need a qb (this was 2 years ago, but still).

Bears took a DB, not a sexy pick but a needed one. Need help at safety, lb and dline, but one thing at a time. Need productive starters out of this draft, not part time, occasional playmakers.

MIMedHead

I cant believe we picked a TE after just resigning Petigrew and have second year J. Fauria. Im guessing Caldwell wants to run two TE more often ala Patriots before Hernandez went to prison and Gronk got hurt.

Wish we would have went with a CB or something Deff

azez

Veteran
love the fact the seasqwaks have no money
traded out of the 1st round,
maybe they will go 8 and 8
peace
ez

Status
Not open for further replies.