What's new

New Caledonia

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
too bad I cant upload pics on icmag, it is very vigorous, I think I have 11 females or so, some of them are very tall, columnar and one is stocky.

also got I got four males, one I culled as I didnt like structure and he had no smell... so I have three now, one is very early. I will try to hit Kona Gold cut with them.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
New Caledonia II x Kali China (ACE RND) 1 month cure.

Aromas: slightly sour, woody, floral, lightly fermented cucumbers, green herbs spices
Effect: hits immediately with a slight pressure on the chest, but it is totally manageable and enjoyable. Upon first inhaling, I still feel the Southeast Asian character that is reminiscent of the indica side of Kali China. However, instead of the slightly psychedelic vibe of Kali China, this strain provides a glowing, meditative high (NC II side?). It's not a vibrating high like Thai Chi, but rather more of a floaty, melting feeling that allows you to be fully present in the moment. I agree with @early_bird that you can enjoy this strain with closed eyes, drowning into a chill headspace. Overall, this strain allows you to relax and melt with universe and enjoy a meditative yet floaty high.

I might grow this again to explore this line further. KC fans will love it.
View attachment 18944043

Thanks also to you @Tranquilidade for complete a grow of this new hybrid and for sharing your experience with us :D Glad it produces a relaxing joyful experience. the NC II mother is very joyful, social, up, but 0 stress or bad feelings, quite the opposite. Do you find the terpene profile of this hybrid closer to Kali China or different ? And potency compared with straight Kali China and her hybrids ?

Hasch

learning and laughing
Hey @dubi

I understand that to keep the stretch managable these beauties should be flipped to flower (11/13) after 2 weeks of veg.

The 2 weeks start when the seedling pops up out of the earth or when it has its first set of real leaves?

early_bird

Veteran
11/13 early is an good approach to limit size of the plants, but you can´t nail it down to exact number of days.
Plants don´t flower before sexual maturity anyway which is longer than 2 weeks in tropical sativas.

Limit size of the pots in early flowering works great to limit stretch.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
the tallest..
caledonia.JPG

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Hey @dubi

I understand that to keep the stretch managable these beauties should be flipped to flower (11/13) after 2 weeks of veg.

The 2 weeks start when the seedling pops up out of the earth or when it has its first set of real leaves?
the longest day at New Caledonia is 13 hours 20 minutes. that's the longest you can get there... so to start with 13 hours would be natural?

Last edited:

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Hey @dubi

Everyone has their own style and way of doing things. When I pop beans for a new grow I continue the veg until I can cut clones. I usually will re-veg the seed plant and root the clones. I do not flower the seed plant; I flower the clones. So, after the clones have been rooted they get the veg light cycle (18/6) for one week then flip to flower.

nick11

Veteran

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
the longest day at New Caledonia is 14 hours 20 minutes. that's the longest you can get there... so to start with 14 hours would be natural?

Hi @MAHA KALA I haven't tried yet such photoperiods indoors with New Caledonians, but ime they were still growing vigorously outdoors here in early August under 14/10 photoperiod.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks dudes!! @Fronk @nick11 :smoke out:

I wanted to ask if anyone knows, is the high similar even in the shorter flowering expressions?

There were 2 New Caledonia releases: number II was a sativa/indica hybrid type, while main I release was selected and bred towards sativa side.

I found a very nice female from hybrid type II that finishes in just 9 weeks, has great bag appeal, terpenes and high (for a 9 week plant), yet i prefer for effects (cleaner, brigther, more up and motivating without ceiling) the best longer flowering sativa expressions from version I.

Latest posts

Latest posts