What's new

NEW.BOG Preservation Project.

X

xinsanewickedx

i agree all the bog strain i grew were great.yeah when i came back i was looking up his post i wanted to see if he made anything new and i find out he is done breeding sucks really cause he was great at what he did

HindukushMaster

og save the lifesavers , try to find the purple sat pheno like in my gallery pics. AMAZIN smoke there. BOG get back here asapppppppppppppppppppppppp, noone can seem to fill your shoes as of yet

Care Free 1

Veteran
I am also working On Blush which is my Blue Kush derived from Sour Bubble which is the kush side of my bubblegum and Blue Moon Rocks. Sour Lifesaver is ready to go as a 2nd bx but they will have some variation between the lifesaver and the sour bubble. That's all good for sure but they are still pretty new and untested. I have plenty of most of my old lines except Lifesaver and LSD and Sweet Cindy. Seeds aren't my main business now but they could be some day if completely legal. As of now I do it legally in my state but cannot really go outside. Someone else could however. ;) BOG

I have not seen BOG mention very often the fact that he used kush in the Sour Bubble line, but this confirms it, I would think.

Something most Sour Bub growers noticed right away, but no one else would believe it. BOG was delivering killer Kush long before other commercial breeders did.

I think its time to go for a hunt through the Med Clubs here in Cali and see if I can find any original BOG genetics.

Care Free 1

Veteran
Here are a few of the latest Sour Bubble seedlings, slowly vegging away. They were just transplanted into 2 gallon pots and are sitting under a 400 MH lamp. In 2 more weeks all 22 plants will start to be moved outdoors. In 4-5 weeks, they will be moved to 5 gallon pots minimum.

I will take cuttings from the mothers, and flower those cuttings outdoors also. I will move the plants inside and outside every 12 hours with a cart to flower them before it would otherwise be possible outdoors. These test plants will have to be grown outdoors, due to the high cost of maintaining them during the summer months inside. They will be inside when temps are near or over 100F.

O

olddrifter66

Here are a few of the latest Sour Bubble seedlings, slowly vegging away. They were just transplanted into 2 gallon pots and are sitting under a 400 MH lamp. In 2 more weeks all 22 plants will start to be moved outdoors. In 4-5 weeks, they will be moved to 5 gallon pots minimum.

I will take cuttings from the mothers, and flower those cuttings outdoors also. I will move the plants inside and outside every 12 hours with a cart to flower them before it would otherwise be possible outdoors. These test plants will have to be grown outdoors, due to the high cost of maintaining them during the summer months inside. They will be inside when temps are near or over 100F.

CF1, are these tester seedlings or seed production plants? Which BX are these?

Care Free 1

Veteran
Hi OD,

These are BPP Sour Bubble BX3 x BX4 seedlings. Male and female from the same pack of seeds created these. I will take a stab at it and say they are Sour Bubble BX3 x BX4 IX1. I am running these to see if the progeny will live up to the standard.

I have seeds from other Sour Bubble plants grown at the same time from different combinations of parents, but the germ rate on this plant was so good, that I did not want to start anymore, and run all those plants outside.

Sour Bubble is known as a superior indoor plant, and this is my first attempt outdoors with them. I will pop some seeds from other combo's in the next week or so, but if I get 10 females from the current run, that would mean over 100 clones to flower from this generation alone outside.

The parents (Seeds) were gifted to me in Sept 08 I believe, and I grew them out just to create seeds. We will find out together whether the combination will produce anything special, since I will update this thread as I go along.

I am open to suggestions, so if you guys have any ideas or input, please advise.

B

Brother_Monk

Hey CF1 :wave:

Glad to see the project still being worked on. Now that BOG is back, I imagine there won't be too much focus here. I have a pack of the Bx3 x Bx4 as well, so I will be paying attention to your run.

The original SB's I have, looked like crap in the beginning, but shaped up nicely towards mid/late flowering. Although they did drop almost all of their fans, and doubled in stretch to form single cola tops. The smoke isn't all what I was expecting from the abundance of trichs. A good stone and couchy buzz, but not as much of a kicker as I was expecting. Taste was lacking too. Even after a month cure. I have a half dozen clones, and will test them further. Good luck.

picture.php

picture.php

:ying:

Care Free 1

Veteran
Hi Brother Monk;

I am always skeptical about genetics until I have run them for smoking. The batch of seeds given to me had to be used for seed, so I cant judge it myself until this run is complete. Thats also why I wont release any until proven out as top quality.

The only thing I notice about the BX4 generation is that the leaves seem smaller on a greater number of plants than I am used to seeing from other BX generations. Could that be a known trait, or was there contamination in the line that is causing it?

Your report that it does not have a good kick to it has me worried, cuz that was never a problem in BX!, BX2, or BX3, or thier incrossed progeny.

B

Brother_Monk

Let me clarify after just smoking a bowl of the flowers.

I'm a daily med smoker, but i medicate only once or twice a day. Usually taking only three or four pulls. Just enough to alleviate my symptoms for a few hrs, when my condition flares up. So, when I medicate, my dosage is nearly identical each time. Point being.....I can estimate strengths of different strains by the effect of only a few pulls.

Now, if someone with considerably more tolerance than I, were to pack a few bong fulls.....they would most definitely be stoned! To my defense, I have been smoking SFVOGK for a few weeks now. I prefer the heavier indicas and kush's. As you know, my point of view may be different than the next persons.

So, after a small bowl of the SB original, I can definitely report it is not nearly as strong as SFV. But almost as strong as Bubba. I'm still stoned, so i will report back on duration.

:ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts