What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevil's Memorial Grow

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wanted to discuss the goals of my breeding project. The first leg is mainly a project to get ahead of the most important stock, which are sprouted in the 2nd leg. In terms of timing the Idea with the first leg is to take cuts, and then when the seedlings are budded out, by the time the 2nd leg are ready for budding, the clones from the first leg can be selected, and there will be an Idea of how they bud, and crossed with the studs from the second leg. In this way I can maximize the amount of selected hybrids I am getting from my main cross, which will be the second leg sprouts. I got seeds from Nevil from his Grail project, the seeds are around 8 years old, I tried to grow some when I first got them, but I had to go away on work, a friend was supposed to take care of them... You know how that goes. Nevil knew about my plan to cross them to my 5hz hybrid stock, and had wanted me to send him any exceptional outcome. I only wish he could sample the outcome of this project. I screwed up the first time, and I've been hoarding these seeds afraid to take a second crack. The problem is the length of time for a cycle with these tropical sativas. The studs for the second leg are coming from NH21 X MM (Long). I will also be sprouting some seeds I collected myself from good smoke when I lived in Africa (Tanzania).

NH21XMM
View Image

Good luck man ...I hope you find some total fire:ying::ying::ying:

HAZENACIOUS

Hi HAZENACIOUS

My Very Fav's would be;

Thia78 (Hempy's Thai) x NHz#21(HzC x NL5 x HzA)

O9 (Kanga's Oaxacan) x NHz#21

(L.SK x O9) L.SK is a Lemon Skunk x NHz#21

NHz#4 (Mascinalized) x MML (Kanga's Mullumbimby Madness L= Largest plant in the MM Thread)

Just a few that comes to mind.

And the Nevil's Haze#21

Awesome, that sounds like a great menu. Thanks For the pic, beautiful! Is that the NH21original cut?

HAZENACIOUS

picture.php

HAZENACIOUS

Remembering Nevil

Remembering Nevil

Potency From a Darwinian Perspective-Nevil's Theory

I remember once when me and Nevil were having a long distance smoke session, we got on to talking about early evolution of potency and Nevil shared an interesting theory of his with me on why, from a Darwinian point of view, did potency exist, ie what might the evolutionary advantage be to the species of Cannabis? Nevil postulated that perhaps it was a biological defense against its primary predator of the last several hundred thousand years, the large herd mammal, and perhaps other mammals.
Nevils theory was simply that that panic that you feel, from strong more primitive wild type hemp/sativa varieties, he called it a "primal" type of high if I remember correctly, it tends to make you feel panic, or paranoia. This would cause the herd that was decimating a wild stand of cannabis to "panic" and run for quite a distance, and disoriented, not able to return to the stand, the stand would survive, and pass it's genes to the next generation. He also theorized that an added benefit would be in aiding the seeds that were consumed to travel far when the beasts panicked and then ran it off.
Nevil said that eventually when man got ahold of it and started breeding it the high changed, became more euphoric, narcotic, etc. But he said that more landrace wild type effect would give more of that "unrefined" or "Primal" high, which in its purest form is less pleasant...

And now for some of the finest refined,

El Shmoko:
picture.php

Remembering Nevil...

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What about the symbiotic relationship between marijuana and humans ? maybe the potency in marijuana is an order to attract humans to propagate it in further her success as a species..?.Because the relationship between the two seems to be mutually beneficial

HAZENACIOUS

What about the symbiotic relationship between marijuana and humans ? maybe the potency in marijuana is an order to attract humans to propagate it in further her success as a species..?.Because the relationship between the two seems to be mutually beneficial
Hi Starcrash,
Interesting you should ask, I have my own theory about this, called Homo Sapiens/Endocannabinoid Symbiosis Theory. Modern society developed from agrarian society, farming, it was the original agrarian societies which allowed the previously nomadic tribes of mankind to settle down and form a lasting and seated culture.

Geneticists through the study and indexing of mitochondrial DNA discovered that at one point in our history all of Humanity was bottlenecked to a single woman. This woman is generally referred to as Mitochondrial Eve, she is thought to be from Africa.
Homo Sapiens endocannabinoid Symbiosis Theory is as follows:

Sometime close to this bottle neck, or perhaps before, people were smoking weed, and at some point early in our evolution culturally, perhaps because of this bottleneck, every person on earth was smoking, at first just a few, but as humanity grew, they all smoked weed, in those days they smoked perhaps by lighting a fire in a cave and burning a bunch of cannabis. This may be how the first priesthoods formed, around these enclosed area fires. But before it was monopolized by a priest or shaman class that formed around it, everyone smoked it communally, for many generations, and for this reason, our bodies actually became dependent to a certain extent, through the endocannabinoid system. So the theory put more simply the endocannabinoid system formed because of a symbiotic relationship between cannabis and man. Also a need to get high lead man to cultivate this plant, which lead mankind into agrarianism, and therefore modern society is directly a product of our symbiotic relationship with this plant.

African Bagseed Weed
picture.php

Last edited:

Happy Times

That reminds me of something I heard on the Adam Dunn show with AJ and Bro

“We are slaves to this plant”

HAZENACIOUS

Leg 1

Leg 1

Leg one has been broken into 2 populations. Group 1 is the smaller group that was transplanted. They were the standouts, faster growing specimens that looked female, I put them under HPS and will be doing a test grow as sensimilla on these, to get some killer smoke and some tested cuts.
The larger group Group 2 are still in smaller containers, they will be moved soon into one of the breeding chambers. From the vintage 5hzXCali seedlings I will select a small group of males and will open pollinate that chamber, plus I will collect pollen from same males and dust lower branches of plants in group 1 as well so nothing is missed.

Here are some of the plants in Group 2:

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts