What's new

Neptune's Breakdown

T

terran2

Strawberry Jungle , lol...

Strawberry Jungle , lol...

You sure are in "Jungle Mode", your going to be one busy boy trimming up all those shaggy monkeys ! Will have to break out the 'ol Johnny Weismiller Tarzan movies and reminds me to get a copy of the classic story of the "Emerald Forest" and read it again ;o)

* Love to see how that BG performs for you and dialing in those perfect GDP's ....also would love a smoke report on the KKSC too . That BG looks like it might make a real nice base for crossing with too .

Hey , here's a neat Microscope accessary toy for taking micro pics right onto the PC a friend had over at his place ...great for taking real nice close up pics and i want one for belated xmas :

http://www.carsonoptical.com/Pocket_Microscopes/Pocket_Microscopes/317/zPix™

MM-640%20display.jpg

zPix™
Carson's zPix™ is a powerful zoom digital microscope that displays the magnified image right on your computer screen. The impressive 26x-130x zoom magnification allows you to see details of ordinary objects you never knew existed! Capture an image to keep using the built-in 640 x 480 resolution digital camera. You can even capture close-focus video!

hunterwoundedft

looking good Neptune. i see u have gotten pretty good w/ the GDP. shes a good one to have around bro. GDP along w/ OG are the 2 best selling strains that yield reasonably. no matter what people say about the purps they sell, sell, sell when people r bitching about everything else being same old same old, prime purps and prime Kushes never get old.
good to see u still at it!!!!! always a pleasure to peak in over here at IC and see some of my favorite growers hitting the light cycle!!

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Nep, I think you're really gonna be impressed with the Strawberry Cough. That table is gonna blow it up this run, you watch.

G

What up my friend. I hope you started the New Year off on a positive note. I'm really liking the looks of this run much better than the last. The bubblegum is looking to be a pretty nice cut. Glad to see the vertical setup is getting it's due. The whites just didn't do what they needed to in that setup. Really nice strain selection this time around too. The KKSC seems to be a great choice. I'm with you in that I overvegged a lot this round. It's paying off now, but when I had to cut what seemed like a whole room's worth of undergrowth I was a little disappointed. It's what you have to do sometimes if you want your plants to be in prime health going into flower. I'm proud to say I can't wait for this next round of gdp's to come through. She really is a nice cut and I'm ready to see how she does with full attention to all details and a good spot under the lights. I can't wait to see how your room shapes up, but from the initial pics, you're on your way to the best harvest since I've been watching you. Keep it up brother.

N

Neptune

krome, yup yup, overveg happens to us all but as you said, just means you have to put in the extra time to prune prune prune. I pruned before flip, at 10 days, and now It's looking like I will need to prune AGAIN at day 17.. They are just going and going and growing this time!! I can't stop the stretch, it's out of hand!! I just got a 1kw lumatek in the mail today, sadly the bubblegums are the biggest plants I have ever grown indoors and they will need supplemental lighting to avoid a total popcorn crop. Keep it real with the granddaddy... she's the one, if not a bit tricky to dial.

GL, heyya bro.. I'm feelin that!! :yikes: Will try to get the DCx in here soon, really stoked about a Strawberry Chunk or a Hindu Chunk.... mmmmm!!!

TMB, sofar I am pleased with the KKSC. She grows a bit like a vine though, something like a crazy vigerous Trainwreck/haze. Her branches are all over the place, I removed hundreds of clones from the one 3x6 table, aswell as many stout/strong branches that were just too crouded. They are eating a lot of sauce right now.. will have to break my rule of thumb on this crop and bump up the ppm, big plants with co2 and heat need to be well fed.

57, I wuill never forget the Brazilian Sexwax in any of my grows, It is essential for a proper harvest! I apply it lightly in most cases, but I usually always wish I used more Sexwax... you simply cannot over apply the sexwax if you know your strain. I've just got the SFV og and I will give her a side experimental run, but I think I will just stick with granddaddy. I just want to smoke some kush to see what all that jazz is about. But, Purple Kush, Granddaddy and Erkle still hold the bridge together around my neck of the asphalt. :rasta: Thanks for the words and great to hear from ya mon!

terran2, what is that thing? Like a mini micro only camera? The BG is stretching wayyyyy too much cuz the 600w just can't keep her happy. Really lanky and going all over right now, eager to get he 1kw on her fast as possible.

cannabishound, gdp is the star of every growshow around here... purple rock candy, how can you NOT grow this strain ;p

IVV, Overgrowth can be a bad thing, but real good if you are dedicated and apply the right amount of undergrowth trimming, aka brazilian sexwax(57).

dedhed, room just got out of control with 4 weeks veg, wayyyy too much. I don't understand how people routinely veg this long and get away with it... maybe they grow in soggy soils or in alaska? brrr....

brain, She stretched 2x+ so far, and I am expecting 3x. Flipped~15" already toppin 30, day 17.

gdawg, what can I say... everyone loves a good purple weed. :) More purple weed plant pics coming up shortly! stick around..

Chili, the digiberry is having a rough time of it with the kksc sourrounding her. should have monocropped... dangit. Got enough cuts for a mono next crop though, but may just keep a few on the side for ye olde wooden drawer..

PuttPutt33

Hey nep, that is one hell of a garden, i am only on like page 13, but i see all the mold that got you, ANd i think you have a very nice flawless room and i can tell you are a very well educated dude and i sure this has crossed your mine , but why not get a big as dehumi and air purifer.I knoow you got the cheese with all that dank. I think it would be fine but you grow so much weight that when those babies are drinking so much they are also transipiring a lot and right there at the end its just to much for that room but i am sure you know that. how do you get that shit off the bud? i know you dont throw the shit away? well i am enjoying the show and the hindu skunk looks bomb.

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
*Chili, the digiberry is having a rough time of it with the kksc sourrounding her.* Good thing about the digi is its done 15 days before everything else.. Woot!

G

Looking good Nept :rasta:

I just went through the same bs with overvegging, not only were they vegged for 2 weeks, but I gave them a full waxing and they still turned into beasts :badday: I had only wished I had used some kind of screen like pico to spread the tops around a bit... Just something to look into, imo :rasta:

N

Neptune

chili, just got in there this morning and cleared out some cough branches to make sure the blue gets some loving... she is looking GREAT man.. going to cola up by the looks of things, wow.. this may be a yeilder afterall, no?? Will get pics when she lookin' more than just a bunch of earlybuds.

nutz, I'm waiting for the recipie bro... ;) gotta change the res AGAIN, shit this 1x a week stuff is a pita. Big hungry plants... damn. They look great though, holy moly!

puttputt, the problem is working it'sway out of my room.. I am diligant and unmerciful on my mothers and flowering plants. seems like 1-2x a week I am applying some kind of PM prevention. Today I will burn sulfer for the 2nd time for 6 hrs this crop... NO sign of it so far, NADA!! woot!

IS, yup a pico screen could be nice, but I'm just not into that. Seems like hella work to remove the plants later, I don't like to chop them up at harvest.. cut the whole thing, and hang. "Clear the decks[mate!!]" as my good from T says.. get them down and out, clean it up and get em in. Clip em later when dry, and more time is available. I was in there this morning cleaning up mroe lower budsites, It will not turn into a popcorn jungle on my watch...

sucker buds??? :no:hell no!:no:

G

gratefuldawg

Neptune said:

TAGGED!

Holy shit. It's now late as hell, I couldn't stop. 24 pages of pure imagination crossed with pure skill.

Just two questions

The pic above. I know this is coco with a drip system on a table.
Is that a coco pad underneath all the pots? Is that just to soak up the extra water that drips outta the pots? How much runoff are you looking for, and how often are you watering. I'm like you brothah, I'm always lookin to get the hell away and take a nice vacation. this seems like my best option, just a bigass rez that top feeds the coco. Sorry if you've already explained it, I'm sure you get sick of repeating yourself.

And lastly. I have a baby urkle in Veg..What's better, GDP or Urkle? This questions for anyone who's smoked both.

-peece
:rasta:

Had to edit in another question..
I noticed one of my clones I left to long in the dome was just covered in Powdery Mildew. I had two other clones in there that didn't seem to be affected, Should I isolate them. My RH is only around 20% right now.

No where in the thread did I find a cure for PM..are you pretty much ****ed if you get it? Is there a real good foiler or somethin?

Last edited:

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
hey neptune. i just checke out most of the thread. nice plants you have in your room man. i like the strains. i have some gdp's growing up now. and from the looks of others i gifted my seed to that have grown it out before me i have promising phenos. i hope you dont mind if i watch yours grow for a while. i cant believe i havent posted in here before.
peace
SIR

N

Neptune

greatfuldawg, glad you found the place alright man, the fire is warm at the Bottom of the Sea! The mat is a GH Coco mat, It comes in 4x8 size but I cut it to fit a 3x6 tables. The main purpose of the mat is to catch coco fibers and debris that pass through the pots, so that they do not return to the res. I have inline return filters ready to use, but have never needed to install them. The mats catch just about everything you wouldn't want in the res. Secondarily, if you are on your game... you can get the roots to grow down beneath the mat for extra big yeilds and vigor. This is tricky, though. I prefer to smoke Erkle, but I prefer to grow Granddaddy. Any clones that are totally covered in PM should just be tossed, unless they are like super elites and you really want to bring them to health. It's not worth the time, troubble, and possible growroom outbreak. PM is very difficult to get rid of, as is any major molds, once you have a large outbreak or three... Traveling is life... those who sit at home and never see our world are missing it !!!

Sirsmokealot, hey brother also glad you made it over here! The Granddaddy is my #1 lady. do you have S1 or something? I'm not clear on the concept of Granddaddy seed..? In any case, the line is extemely stable and dominant in most crosses and hybrids... very good jeans here.

Last edited:
N

Neptune

day 18 bloom

day 18 bloom

Here's the tables nearing the end of their stretch, about 2.5x all around at this point. I changed the reservoirs today, and had to up the ppm to 1100. Drastic, I know, but we'll see how they do. They have been growing so fast they need extra food.

GDP on Left, KKSC on Right.
9807tables18d.JPG

The front of my room had a changeup, the 600w on those monster Bubblegums would have resulted in a Sea of Popcorn... I could not allow it!! I hooked up a 2nd Lumatek 1000w ballast with a Hortilux EYE in a dormant Silverstar. Looks saweet.. I pruned them hard too, do I have to say it anymore? Prune them ****ing hard!!! That's why they look a little beat up, becuase I beat them up... hehe

98072kw.JPG

Bubblegum
9807BG18d2.JPG

9807BG18d1.JPG

Erkle
9807Erkle18d1.JPG

Everything is smooth, budset is a little slow to setin this round though, I have been in there too much with the light on... and I am worried the co2 gen on 24/7 is causing them to slowdown a bit also. We'll see, no big D! I'm very happy I got the 2nd Lumatek on these bubblegums, I can already tell they are going to be massive... hoping they smell like bubblegum. :canabis:

Budweiser13

Neptune looks good man love your grows keep them coming learning lots from you....pictures are worth a 1000 words....... :rasta: :lurk:

G

Neptune...Very nice thread.I love the way you teach along the way w/out sounding like an arrogant ass too.I will get alot out of this..thanks..I'm vegging some gdp myself.She is very delicious.I also have the KKSC but haven't smoked any yet..thx again Happy Harvesting your crop looks GREAT!!

G

I dig you set up neptune, i can tell you truly love this sh!t...... i check your thread atleast a couple times a day just cause you seem to be on top of your game so props to you....... hope the grow goes smooth and PM dont come 'a knockin, i hate that stuff 2 ive lost so many pounds to that sh!t and mold i cant even keep track anymore ,anyways..... sh!t looks good... peace .