What's new

Neptune's Breakdown

Just read through the whole thread, and I've learned considerably from your expertise and experimentation. I only have 3 grows under my belt, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. My only comment is for the vertical grows, wouldn't you want to orient the plants vertically and tilting like a stadium, otherwise I don't see a point to this type of growing. Perhaps I'm missing something.

G

gratefuldawg

Right on..thanks for the reply. I think I'm gonna do something similar with a coco mat that will absorb the extra water from a top drip. Guess it'd pretty much be a top feed to waste. After I graduate from Macgeyvor(spelling??) school, I'll start uppin my game to where your at. Good to know about the molasis in coco, I'm gonna shut the pumps off once a week and hand feed with a mix that has 1tbsp per gallon.

Seed Buyer

Yo Neptune...wanna pick your brain for a minute. Per your recommendations I am putting my 1,000,000 Advanced bottles aside and have bought some Nova Bloom & PBP Bloom. Gonna run the nova on tables w/ hydroton. The PBP will be for coco. I will have to use B Cuzz coco because it is all my shop sells. What size pots do you recommend for cuttings in rapid rooters plugs for initial vegetation? Are you going right to perfect pots? Where did you find that Salmon Creek? I have drove down 3 times from Santa Rosa to Sr 71 to get the HKxSk and have come back empty handed each time! Thanks for the insight!

N

Neptune

seed buyer, I think you will like both plant nutrients, as they are essentially one parts and very user friendly with great results. I root cuts in small cubes, they then go straight to 2gallon pots of coco where they veg in my bloom room until they are ready to flower. I judge this by health and height, usually 14-17 days but this last run was 27 days, over did it. If you get there early and hang out the hindu will show up... It's a great clone, and you would do well to keep a mother or ten.

cannabishound, they are still stretching!! I was just in there this morning to remove a bunch more growth that got left behind. The KKSC is now ~ 36-40" tall, when flipped at 12-13". And the GDP is 36" tall when flipped at 14-15". bubblegums are 36" from 14-18".. so everything went 2.5-3x stretch with the added heat and co2.

gdawg, the coco mat doesn't hold any water whatsoever. It's very thick coco fiber and is merely used as a screen to catch debris. Using some kind of complex sugars in your grows is very advisable, molasses is the best and cheapest and also comes with ca mg fe etc.

billowingbudmkr, the verticle lamp is in the correct orientation as are the plants. No "tilt" is needed, the plants will do it on their own if they are grown this way from early on. Verticle growing is chalanging, I have discovered. Veg time, height, and plant stature are important variables that have to be pretty close to perfect to get good cola and bud production. This bubblegum I have just overgrew the lamp, and the project had to be reconsidered---> scrapped.

escoblackart, thanks for the complimentos hombre! PM is a bastard, keep truckin'

Budluver, thanks again gal, I'm really liking the kksc but totally underestimated the Haze in her. She has really busted a move on me and I wasn't prepared.. Will have a better handle on her for the next crop. She is a great vigerous sativa!! Smells like strawberries already.

budweiser, budpack in on it's way, my favorite part next to harvest!! The "slow to make buds" freak out was just in my head, I always trip out in early bloom.. impatient gardener syndrome. I.G.S.

G

gratefuldawg

Thanks for the reply Neptune.

Do you re-use your coco? If so, do you add anything to it, or just flush it out? Sorry man, I'm a dirt farmer and hydro farmer. Never tried coco.

I really like the idea of being able to re-use it, instead of filling my back yard with a bunch of dirt and perlite..kinda a dead give away.

Seed Buyer

Neptune - Sorry to jack your thread. Been to SR - 71 by 9:00 am to get in line and nada. Any idea if one day of the week would be more opportune than the other? Looking to do about 25 moms if I can get my paws on her! Namaste..

Well thats cool Neptune. My garden stretched just a touch more than I anticipated and branched a little more than I expected as well, I'm going to let it ride as I don't have to deal with those Purple elephant ears! got some decent penetration and the strain I'm growing buds up similar to Trainwreck to give you an idea of the structure I'm working with except stout like Bubba or Urp

What kinda day and night temps are you working with? I'm at 74-78 during lights on and 68-74 during lights off and still in my 3rd week of flower with 1200ppm co2 and 60% rH. My night temps were 60-68 until I got an earful and threw my dehumidifier in there to add some lights off warmth...plants are way happier with the tighter temps.

Last edited:

HYDROJUNKIE

Everyone seems to be having PM/mold issues,...I must say ive had my fair share of pm battles and defeats...lotsa headaches to say the least.
I always try to tell people about SM-90.
this shit does Waaaay more than they claim.
I mix this stuff in with everything I use.
I feel it runs through the plants veins like an antibiotic...
and it doesnt affect beneficials.
no more pm,root rot,mold,fungus,...not even one pm spot.(rh 50-60%)
I drip 2 1/2-3 minutes once a day and always have about a half inch of standing run off water in my trays,...I have long fat white root systems coming out of the bottom of my pots under the water,..no airstones or nothing,..this keeps them fed around the clock=increased yield.
Only sm-90 lets me get away with this.
Neptune,..excellent work as expected my friend! You and pico are on my favorites list as far as threads. :wave:

Last edited:
N

Neptune

clowntown, the silverstar puts out a much wider footprint clearly. The Daystar AC is a very compact high output hood, really focuses the beam more to a 3.5'Lx~4.5'W. Or, a lot wider of a footprint but real bright under that thinner band. Thanks again bro, it's a nice hood... and LIGHTweight.. very nice that I can lift it with a pinky.

Hydrojunkie, SM90 is my preferred cutting dip solution and gets about 3mls in every foliar I do, foliars are mostly Serenda and anti mildew stuff... but have been known to foliar some kelp when plants are heading for troubble. I've just got some Stylet oil, as this one sorryass grower out east swears by it. His grows suck, to be sure.. but he doesn't have any PM ;)
:lol:

Way over vegged these, I was just saying something about not getting a popcorn jungle wasn't I? Oops... spoke too soon!!! Will have to ride it out now,m but looks like a lot of uneven canopy action, coupples with a massive stretch and too many lower budsites will severely reduce the quality and yeild of this crop. We'll see how they finish out, though. Coupple new strains, so not totally sure yet.

hurricane

Lo there, amazing growing you've got goin on. Checked out your thread because i picked up some HK from sr-71. Pleasantly suprised to see you use many of the things i'm planning to use, so much i had to filter ya and read the whole thing :) Many usefull tips i will be incorperating my own grow, but i must do quickly as the plants are just starting day 4 of veg :) Especially about the nutrient strengths. Already had an issue with that, which i wouldn't have had if i had been through this thread. Great grow!

Hurricane

Hindu Skunk Coco SOG

Last edited:

aeric

Veteran
The "slow to make buds" freak out was just in my head, I always trip out in early bloom.. impatient gardener syndrome. I.G.S.
Lol I do that everytime, guess I've got IGS too.

Lookn forward to how your SC does, I been meaning to do a full light of her cuz it seems that's the best way to get her full pot-ential. And of course...the white and all your doin in there. Is the B-gum the Indiana or just a good cut? Laters.

N

Neptune

hey hurricane, found your thread and looks like you are off to a nice start! Keep t growing~
Aeric, the SC got way overvegged, and as a result it will end up mucho popcorn :[ I tried so hard too... wahhh!! I culled a bunch of of plants the other day, me being paranoid and also frustrated with the SC. the b-gum is an oaksterdam cut, brand new from serious seed selection.

I lost my cam, so won't be able to update this crop... but that means I'll have a nice one for the next show I post... so I'll be seeing yall later on down the road, take care and stay safe.

G

guest5703

Neptune your grows are freakin on it! Great work for sure man this round looks like it's gonna be crazy!! You always have the super dank bro, keep it up the best of luck! PEACE

TB Gardens

Veteran
aw too bad man, was excited to see this one out ;x Coco drip looks sick.. def gunna be looking into that. safe smoking

Tb

SuperLarry

sorry to hear you lost your cam. good two runs on this thread tho for sure! love the different methods and strains. traveling should be a religion.

peace