What's new

Neptune's Breakdown

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya Neptune :wave:
Yikes - more frosty snowstorms in your garden! That Blockhead looks sick! I relate to hunting in the compost pike :D Congratz - you have a nice pile of meds for the holidays!

Cheers -MGJ

N

Neptune

Thanks mgj, the blockhead is krome's of course, and I strive to get her to look like his. After trimming the buds, I was just so impressed with the density and resin levels that I had to go digging... albeit not too far, she was on top luckily :p

Krome you got our first lady bay area there, she is the one my friend... I can tell you did her right, do you ever grow a bad plant?? hah!! wonderful granddaddy my friend, you will enjoy ever drop of her grape candy goodness... The triangle was cropped first and I'm not sure If I got any good pics of her before harvest, she didn't really do much after the previous update though.. just a slight swell and more... whiteness!!! grown organic, I am waiting patiently for her to cure! this one is personal!!

schmokin, the first 3 GDP's I trimmed, which were my worst plants, are clocking at 1.5 zips each. If that is an average, then I pulled 13-14z per 600w lamp.. but let's hope that is a low ball. The Purple Kush from last crop was 25zips from one 3x6 table, 18 plants... so right around 1.5zips per plant... which frankly I am very happy with. 1.5 is great for the UV ladies.

Vino, checkout the previous crop of Hindu skunk, it's buried on this thread someplace. It's a rock solid clone.. the 4 I had in the E&G were on the outskirts of the light footprint, so they were somewhat shabby this round... monocrop is your friend.

GDW, thanks for sticking it out man and I am glad I'm not the only strainwhore around these parts.. hehe!! Always fun to run different clones, so hard to "just say no" to friends offering up their favorite cuts... sheeeit!

thanks sohpisto, where's the kush at?? ;)

Last edited:

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
wow nep bro, what a great harvest of fine genetics!

try to put some toilet paper or stuff infront of the direct flash, it gives less shiny pix

G

congrats on the harvest bro, cant wait to see ur results on the gdp :joint:

and hows the pk........... :smoke:

L

LumpStatus

Questions for Neptune....

Questions for Neptune....

Hey there... You don't know me, and this is actually my first post on this site (have been around CW for a while and was around OG for a long time). I have read through all your grows on here and have printed your how to clone article for future reference.

Anyways... I have made the switch from water culture to coco to defeat problems I was having with keeping a reservoir properly :)

I have 40 Grand daddy purple clones in 2 gal grow bags with half in canna coco and half in sunshine pro 100% coco coir (hydro store didn't have enough canna in stock so I figured I would try both). I have 2 600w HPS lamps over a 6x3 ebb flow tray...

Well, where to begin. To make a long story short, I have been using the floranova line for the first few waterings (all by hand). Anyways, I definatley overwatered them (I went for the 10% runoff everyone is boasting about). So they are drying out right now and looking better the more and more things dry out. So I know now after reading your posts that you don't recommend watering so heavy (at least at first when they are young).

Now that you have some background, I will tell you that I don't really like the floranova as a nute for a dense medium (great in hydroton, but builds up like crazy in anything else). So I purchased some PBP soil bloom and some cal+mag by botanicare. I have read you use 10ml/gal PBP bloom and 3ml/gal cal+mag and not much else. Here are my questions if you don't mind:

1. Using the PBP, I have read through a few of your topics and can't find out, do you recommend flushing any salt buildup when using PBP? Does this stuff buildup in the medium like nova does? Or do you just feed 10ml PBP and 3ml cal mag the WHOLE grow, for veg and bloom with no flushing in between watering?

2. Should I use PBP soil bloom or just PBP bloom?

3. How do you determine watering frequency and amount? Weight of the pot? My watering with 10% runoff produced an extremely waterlogged enviornment for the ladies. How dry can the coco get without killing the ladies?

4. I have an RO system, but would prefer to use TAP as you are doing. My starting PH of the tap is 8.0 and the ppm is 260 (@.7 conv). What ph do you recommend for the nutes and should I monitor the runoff PH/ppm as well?

Thanks for all the great info you have provided. Hope to hear from you soon. BTW I am a bay "area" med patient as well, saw your report on the bluesky cafe. Seems they are one of the few remaining places in the county that actually still provide clones (if they still do, seems every dispensary has just about dried up).

I guess I can't add images to my post for some reason (maybe not enough posts yet). So if you want to see Day1 look in my gallery. Will post more updated pics if you want.

Last edited:
N

Neptune

hey thanks esbe, good to have you around here man. I really like your seedwork across the world, some fine danish strains you have cultivated and bred.... erdber!

nutz, the GDP came out my best to date.. really some nice solid nugs in there this time, colas and decent coloration.. I'll have a # on it by end of next week.. I'm slow solo trimmin'. The PK by comparison looks to have yeilded more, just by the feel of things... and turned more purple sooner. before I even trim the GDP, I would say that I am happier with the PK at this point.. it is a sibling of the Erkle/Granddaddy, they are all so similar but I think the PK is a hair above her sisters for us.

midtown yo man, what's shaking? Guess I'll checkout your grow :p
want some bigbud? :)

lump, i'll do my best here...
1) 40 GDP on a 3x6 is too many. see previous two threads, re: GDP/PK 18 is about right.. and 20 is good, 2 backups in case of runts... neverk now when one will fall behind. I see your gallery, you will want to veg those until about 8-10" tall, and prune all lower growth. No reason to remove plants at this point, since you already potted them... just don't over crowd, and the onyl way to do that is to get aggressive with the prune.

2) FNb is not the issue in "dense" mediums, or whatever(?) See Krome's "Blockhead and Friends" thread and witness his masterpieces... all he uses is promix and FNb. I don't use PBPb soil, I use PBPb, as you said.. 10/3 for the whole grow, veg and bloom. Up the PBPb to 15ml if you need to, I never have. I almost always recomend flushing every 2 weeks to reset the ratios of nutrients in the medium back to what is posted on the bottle, if you understand that. The previous crop I didn't flush well, and well.. It looks like I got a lower yeild(?) to be seen, and no idea if this is the reason.. Flushing is more work, and always beneficial.. if you don't flush you are lazy, and probably arn't smoking on your own product... hehe ;)

3) Got to get the feel for it really, nobody can tell you how much to water... it's a "use the force" type thing... lifting the pot is always a good measure. Every growroom is different, heat/humidity/strains etc etc. One thing I never do is let the coco dry out, the top layer should never gte that "light brown - I'm too dry" look. I would say when you start to see the tops of the coco drying off in this manner, a perfect time to irigate would be one day before that happens.

4) keeping PH between 5.9-6.4 is optimal in coco, there is no real good reason why it should flux very much beyond this at all. coco is stable, and so is PBP. If you are having troubble getting a low PH, it's your tap water. Keep in mind that my tap water is 35ppm out of the tap, and that is at .5 conv. It's basically RO. A PPM of about 650-750 is fine, from veg through harvest.. some plants will want more, but if they don't get it they ain't gona panick... I spot feed the plants that need a lil extra.. if I feel like it :/

Hope that helps.. less is more as always :p

Mr.BrokenBones,
send me a pm, bottom line was that there was no phone call confirmation. Re: "Thursday"

and now for some nugshots...

shuga\candy shiva (SS#6)

big shiva

Last edited:

S4vvy

Neptune said:
3) Got to get the feel for it really, nobody can tell you how much to water... it's a "use the force" type thing... lifting the pot is always a good measure.

:biglaugh: Exactly! I tell my boys the same thing about watering. "Hey man you gotta finesse it" and "Find the balance". They look at me like i'm :crazy: What's the story on the Purps my man? We ran some Mendo Purps from seed that came out similar to yours - but mo stressed ;) Congrats on the run

I

In Vino Veritas

Neptune! Wonderful showmanship! You've built a great thread. Shows how one can work with various systems and deal with various obstacles and still pull out ahead. Your tables are so dense, and your ebb looks like its pulling fine weight.

The ones in dirt are 5gal right? How tall are they before you put em on 12/12?

You, and a couple of other guys on here got me thinking ebb/flo for my next run..

N

Neptune

thanks guys, the final numbers on the Granddaddy came out to an average of 1.25oz per plant, lower than I had hoped for.. but the table with the pump failure really lowered the averages. The rightside(pumpfailure) table was avg 1oz, while the healthy side was avg 1.5oz. The Shuga Shiva on the GDP tables that I snuck in the corners saved my yeild, as the 3 of them yeilded 8oz... amazing corner plants. Also, special thanks to the Blockhead, which came out to be 5oz from 3 plants.

All in all another good harvest and I'm happy to be done trimming... man o man!!
I'll have plenty of Grape purple nugs to last me several months, but I do smoke on this stuff pretty hard! It's my favorite herb hands down... lots of special ladies come my way, but the Granddaddy has them all beat.

The next crop is on day 14 veg right now, I will veg another week and flip. I am experiencing some problems that have showed up before, but now it seems to be affecting my whole room... DROOPY DROOPY plants. Has anyone ever gotten plants that just DROOP hard? Lights on or off, doesn't matter... they just won't "perk" up. They are not overwatered. I'll put some pics up.... maybe someone can help?

temps are 78F lights on, and humidity is right around 50-60%

G

Not too bad a haul bud. I've had the same thing in early veg with my plants a few times. Actually made me veg an extra week or two until they looked healthy enough for my liking to flower. I couldn't figure out what was wrong either. I know I didn't over water either, but what I did was let my pots dry out almost all the way out then followed up with a full feeding. And kept on feeding them full strength from there on out. I think I wasn't feeding my plants enough at the time. The flora nova just did wonders for me on a whole. Not sure if that's the case, but I've definitely been there. It's hard to throw those plants into flower when they're not looking like you want them to. Throw up some pics if they ever get this thing sorted out. I'll talk to you later you purple zombie.

clowntown

Veteran
Probably not the problem you're having, but I've had droopy plants in the past from low calcium. Adding cal-mag fixed the problem for me.

B

Brain

whaa? Somebody say Brain? Haha, if you eat to much tomato juice or carrots youturn orange. If you smoke to much granddaddy do you turn purple? I know for sure you do turn into a zombie.

N

Neptune

Begin again again...

Begin again again...

Day 28 Veg, 4 weeks.

Due to some early veg problems, I was forced to veg an additional 2 weeks to correct the ladies. They are looking well now and back on track for a proper grow. I was pretty worried for a minute there though. These pics were taken on the last day of veg, aka Bloom Day 0.

This round we have some nice selections...

SR71 Bubblegum, 8 of them around the 600w
9807bubblegumveg.JPG

9807bubblegumveg2.JPG

I installed an automated dripper system on my verticle. I Just-Can't-Hand-Water!!! The reservoir is 25 gallons and will supply a RTW topdrip verticle bulb for 2+weeks w/o need to change the res.
9807verticledrip.JPG

Granddaddy Purple, 19 of them on the table. I always start an extra one or two in veg, justincase I get a runt. These are all ~15" tall, biggest GDP crop yet.. They liked the 4 weeks of veg.
9807GDPveg.JPG

KK's Strawberry Cough (15) right next door, with 4 Blueberries in the mix. I am really excited about both of these new additions, Both have a wonderful profile and are sofar easy as pie to grow. They measure ~ 12-13" after 4 weeks.
9807KKSCveg.JPG

Here's both tables..
9807tablesveg.JPG

and aparently I forgot to take Ebb&Grow pics, but they will come along soon. I've got some nice strains in there also, including Chocolate Trip and Hindu Skunk.

Should be a nice crop, CO2 is back in action with setpoint @ 1000 ppm (24/7) which keeps my temps at a reasonable wintertime level even during lights off(~70+F). W/O CO2 generator, my temps would be very very cold right now. The CO2 is being used as a heater, more or less. NGas is cheap.

Last edited:
G

I like the looks of this one out the gates. Looks like a much more managable crop to deal with. Great selection of strains for this run. Looks like the vertical may actually pull through this run for ya. Really good to see you back in action. I'm sure this one will be the one to set the standard. Monocropping per light seems to be the way to go if you've got to have the variety. Can't wait to see another killer run by the king of the sea.

Latest posts

Latest posts