What's new

Need ideas for what to tell people my occupation is?

G

good drown

but he is still not working, living in a house. waking up at noon and going out at night and bringing home strippers late never looks good, from a neighbors perspective. i think if you straightened that shit out they wouldn't suspect you a coke dealer or something. they know something is up, and probably do not like you, good luck on that. move start over and have it figured out beforehand

Hovz

Golf is a pussy sport? Probably not. Play a "manly physical" sport? Is that how you prove you're a man? By what sport you play? I'm sorry for you.

Okay let me correct myself, Golf sucks ass.
The people who play golf well are usually evil and rich, I hate them. The shoes look dumb, The game is too expensive. Some public courses cost $400 to play, and some private courses cost $100,000 to play. A decent set of clubs is easily $1,000. Meanwhile, miniature golf is only like $10, and it offers all the thrills of a rousing golf match without the life savings wasted.

You can spend your whole life playing golf and only improve by 20 or so strokes before you hit the glass ceiling. And once you hit the glass ceiling, all you have to look forward to is becoming washed up.

I never said sports is how i prove i'm a man but in basketball for example there is an up tempo style, anything can happen in a basketball game, someone could dunk, sink a three, or get blocked. It's non-stop action, which golf can not claim. In basketball you have to have talent and be athletic.

Basketball is the highest intensity sport. While other sports are hampered with large amounts of waiting time, basketball players can never let up. Due to it's up-tempo play, anything can happen at any moment which is a real quick explanation of why golf sucks ass.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Attachments

• prod_learnebay.jpg
    prod_learnebay.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 6

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
use some of that 30k to buy some used cars, say you are buying/selling cars. even though i lose money on some of them, i just lie to my parents and say i made a killing. i also run a small ebay shipping business which explains all the postal boxes in my house.

drop a couple grand into stocks and say you are a day trader. put it into real estate with your familys legit earnings and say you are a property manager. my roomate is going to solar panel school with his drug money, and wants to eventually set up solar panel grows to save on electricity.

the point of hustlin is to stack up and start a legit enterprise, and maybe keep the hustle on the side. only hood rats figure they are gonna push dimes their whole life, thats why they never save up or invest in their future, just waste more money on the newest phones, rims, sound systems, and going to clubs and "ballin out". we call that nigga rich. real rich is having businesses and properties that generate income for you.

D

DiiZZii3

Okay let me correct myself, Golf sucks ass.

I never said sports is how i prove i'm a man but in basketball for example there is an up tempo style, anything can happen in a basketball game, someone could dunk, sink a three, or get blocked. It's non-stop action, which golf can not claim. In basketball you have to have talent and be athletic.

Basketball is the highest intensity sport. While other sports are hampered with large amounts of waiting time, basketball players can never let up. Due to it's up-tempo play, anything can happen at any moment which is a real quick explanation of why golf sucks ass.

Hahaha dude says golfs for pussys and brings up basketball instead. I'd rather play golf anyday than basketball, golf is prolly more physical then basketball. Try playin hockey. Ur a joke

SunTzu

Tell them your sales rep for an extermination chemical company and it is your job to check the golf courses for gopher issues.....

actually I vote for the gay male prostitute!!!!!LMFAO

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Hey, for everyone laughing at his 30-40K baller lifestyle, remember, 30-40k is a BIG step up from the money he was making on his paper route, gotta keep these things in perspective

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
tell them you are a drug dealer

they will laugh
you will laugh
and then someone will say "so anyways..." and go on with the conversation

flyer

i have a buddy thats sleeping in to noon everyday and go out partying ever night
trying to front etc..
he doing some music stuff, and hoping "one day" can make some money off his music but right now hes telling ppl hes a artist and stays home and make music everyday...

and i respect all the strippers out there, for all the single moms trying to hustle. its mothers day!

mjr99

Some of you dumb fucks need to put down the pipe and take a class in reading comprehension because i never said i only make 30-40k a year on my grow. I said i needed to find a job title to tell people that pulls in 30-40k because i feel like that would be most believable considering my lack of schooling/skills. Sheesh.. im not a "baller" fine, but i do have it pretty fuckin good compared to the majority of guys in my neck that wake up at 6am five days a week for some shit job.

Could someone please explain to me how calling myself a "baller" is so offensive? Why did that strike such a nerve? I'm curious? Why cant people be happy for a guy anymore?

dev0n

i never said i only make 30-40k a year on my grow.
I dunno, that doesn't sound like a bad figure to me. But then again different people go for different yields with different goals in mind, and not everyone has this as a primary source of income.
Could someone please explain to me how calling myself a "baller" is so offensive?
Call me ignorant, but I don't even know what the hell a baller is. Hence my question about health insurance.

C

cannagirl

Could someone please explain to me how calling myself a "baller" is so offensive? Why did that strike such a nerve? I'm curious? Why cant people be happy for a guy anymore?

Ok, well first of all, its not offensive its fucking DUMB!, Second you know why it struck a nerve, because most people who grow pot, no matter how much money they make off of it, they are not throwing it in other peoples faces. We long term growers know what kind of behavior keeps the cops at bay, and your behavior is not it!

Ever heard the saying better to keep your mouth shut and people think your an idiot, then to open your mouth and confirm it for everyone? Cause you just confirmed it for everyone!

Have a nice day!!!

Last edited:

kstampy

The guys was joking about balling and you all focus on how to make him look stupid instead of trying to help... I don't know why people post just to make fun of another in a place that is about helping, it really does show a lot of character!

IMO Find some sort of single employee self ran business like an ebay store or buy and sell used cars, I thought the golf lessons were good since you could be seen at the golf course at work hours but seriously if you are going to front it, at least front it FOR REAL at least part time. Also, instead of golfing 5 days a week and screwing strippers 7 nights a week take SOME free time (away from the clinic lol) and make it productive and invest in YOURSELF. A future business to make some legitimate money or get an education. It isn't hard to take 2-4 classes a semester if you don't do much outside of growing. Anyone who grows knows that you can go days without having to do much (although there are some days that there is a too much to even finish). Not to mention the fact that you could get student loans finish school and pay them off quickly and have immaculate credit, which is also quite important these days. If you love what you do so much then go for a degree in Horticulture? If you love golfing so much then open a golf shop, start giving lessons, enter tournaments and actually win if you're good enough but that is a far stretch. Just don't take what you have for granted and throw it all away, be safe and don't be flashy, good luck.

mjr99

Ok, well first of all, its not offensive its fucking DUMB!, Second you know why it struck a nerve, because most people who grow pot, no matter how much money they make off of it, they are not throwing it in other peoples faces. We long term growers know what kind of behavior keeps the cops at bay, and your behavior is not it!

Ever heard the saying better to keep your mouth shut and people think your an idiot, then to open your mouth and confirm it for everyone? Cause you just confirmed it for everyone!

Have a nice day!!!

Oh yeah and if you dont smoke weed than your attitude is even worse. At least the majority of pot growers actually smoke and want to create a good and viable product, not just make money off of it! SCUM BAG!

Wow! Way to live up to the sterotype with that blabber you fuckin ****. This is a fuckin growers forum. OMG you are retarded. My question was about how i could cover up that im a grower!! But according to you im throwing the fact that i grow into other people faces by asking that? On a growers forum BTW!!!!! HAHAHA. How many freaking grow journals are on this site? How many do you have? WOW again.

Did you even read the thread or did you just read the word "baller" and decide to type your garbage? What behavior are you speaking of? I never said i was flaunting it on the streets. Again, i was asking how to cover it up.

And because i dont smoke i dont want to create a good and viable product? Where did that come from? Youre just throwing shit out there because youre an unreasonable hole. I want to create the best product i can and i get feedback from my guy on what works and what doesnt.. I hope you have a baby and it dies! GET FUCKED!!!!!

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Move an hour away.
Tell people you work nights in a factory.

You really didnt need our help to figure this out.
Like someone mentioned before if your already seen as such then so it must be !
That wont change.

dev0n

Wow. This discussion went from what I think underneath it all was not a bad question to good-natured teasing to something a bit more tense and negative than I would have expected. There were some good tips thrown out there, I hope they weren't lost in the noise.

I don't think mjr99 is the enemy here. I can understand that some people grow for business reasons and I can totally make room for that in my head, even if I still don't know what a baller is. Personally I grow herb out of sheer love and respect (awe?) for the plant and what it can do for all of us. Mjr99 and I work with the same piece of nature, if for different reasons. Isn't that enough reason for us to ignore the differences, dispense with the unpleasantness, and concentrate on how we can help each other?

I'm all for toning it down a notch, enjoying some nature (cough), and finding common ground with my fellow gardeners, even the ballers.

Can somebody please tell me what the hell a baller is? No way in hell am I googling that word.

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
.. I hope you have a baby and it dies! GET FUCKED!!!!!

That's a bit harsh don't you think?
Myself, I was just having a bit of fun with you, but at the same time I also offered what I thought was a decent answer to your question.

Now your just asking to get flamed saying stuff like that.

gdbud

From the Urban Dictionary
"Baller"
A thug that has "made it" to the big time. Originally refered ball players that made it out of the streets to make millions as a pro ball player, but now is used to describe any thug that is living large.

mjr99

That's a bit harsh don't you think?
Myself, I was just having a bit of fun with you, but at the same time I also offered what I thought was a decent answer to your question.

Now your just asking to get flamed saying stuff like that.

That hole was the one who took it there with that drivel she wrote. And she called me a scumbag for wanting to make money. LOL