What's new

Need bong help

So you really have NO clue huh?

The 2010 has a revised version of the launch control. It no longer needs the VDC to be turned off, to be launched. Actually, it can be launched in any mode, when previously, it had to be done in a specific sequence. You really have NO idea what you are talking about. The 2010 GT-R MSRPs for 83k, and I am not a 20 something so it don't mean SHIT to me. However, I am not going to pay a 15k markup in this economic climate, I don't have to, just wait till they are sitting around like all the 09s, that first were selling for 25-30k over. Happens with all hot cars.

You are going to need to bring your A game, to talk cars with me...

Whoa slow your horses there man. No need to bunch your panties. I'm not into pissing matches here. And also up UNTIL the new revised GT-R this was the case. Why have a feature that voids the warranty? Especially when some sales ppl speak of how awsome it is. Seems like they shouldn't have even needed to revise it if they didn't do that in the 1st place. As for the "launch sequence" it was no big secret so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Either way I'd still pick the 'vette cuz for the price you get a shit load of performance for the price, especially in the Z06 and ZR-1. Peace

Nugz

C

CTSV

To each his own.

If you want a slower car get a Z06, if you want a 110K chevy get a ZR1. I basically got the Four Door ZR1.

The 09 LC did not void your warranty. Turning off the VDC too many times does. If a tranny busted, it was due to abuse. A handful of dumbass owners thought that you could clutch drop a 4000 pound AWD car over and over with no problems.

Go clutch drop a ZR1 at 4500 rpm over and over, and see if it doesn't break after 100 or so.

All cars go through changes from year to year. Now the GT-R can be launched at any time and achieve a 0-60 in 3.3 seconds.

.1 second slower than the ZR1 for 30k less.

Ya it's definitely hard to beat a price difference like that. I love the fact that the GT-R corners so quickly they had to knurl the lip on the rims to keep the rubber from breaking bead. i really liked the episode Top Gear did on the GT-R. I also like that fact that these cars will put alot of cars way more expensive to shame. Case in point the Merc SL65 AMG Black Edition.(as far as the 'vettes go) Although I'm more excited about the R8 V10 FSI comming to fruition.

Nugz

C

CTSV

That Top Gear episode was AWESOME. It really showed what the GT-R is all about, when in the hands of a pro. Stig laid down the same time as the F430 Scuderia in the GT-R!:yoinks:

Although I'm more excited about the R8 V10 FSI comming to fruition.

Nugz

HOLY SHIT!

The R8 is the best looking car out right now, IMO.

Here is the V10 model, HELLO carbon ceramic brakes!!!
42193.jpg

That car is pure sex IMO. And now with the beefier v10 it'll walk over the "king of the all-rounders" as top gear calls it. Now Richard Hammond can quit praising that turd on wheels the 911 GT3. Catch that episode CTSV? That was a great one as well man the way that thing just power slides through corners effortlessly with control just leaves me speechless. i'm fairly certain the R8 has a diffuser although I think it's just on the rear and not the entire bottom like that of the GT-R

Original

I even have my carb dimension/specs recorded and suffice it to say I'd be utilizing the old finger-roll release on the old handcannon. Like a car exhaust or a hand over the mouth of a deep cough - I'm looking for a tad bit of back-pressure from my carb (but I'll take control there, and refuse to turn it over to some ignorant pull-out). I've had some spare time to think about and investigate all of this as you may have guessed, lol. Good to see you Motaco. One day ima put some Haze in that bong of yours.

I have a bong with a carb, I admit once you've been using it for a while you get used to having one.

Though I prefer carb-less, it means I can hold my bong at the top of the chamber with a firm grip and still have a hand free to do my lighting.

When I smoke I lift the downstem/ diffy, rather than the bowl when I'm done milking my bong and to be honest I think this is just the same as using a carb as theres no drag and no water bubbling away. Although it is different when using an ashcatcher because you are still pulling through water even if you've lifted the downstem/ diffy. But I like it, it's nice.

Ryu

Yo gimme a break guys, I come to a bong thread for that not to see you car fiends flirt.
Use PM or start your car thread, perhaps another forum for you Tony or would you spam that with ceramic heating elements?

Mr Tony, you got some bong knowledge and experience that I for one would like to learn from but you fobbed of genuine questions as you didn't have time then spammed with irrelevant car info.

Tony or anyone, would something this small actually work
http://www.bitfreakglass.com/c6.html

and are the basic bottle type precoolers worth anything? Liking the ehle one as its my price range. Is roor any better for this type as is 3 times the price.
http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/EHLE_PreCooler_Bottleneck.cfm?iProductID=5890

Is it worth using a diffused downtube in the precooler/ashcatcher

Mr. Tony

Veteran
RYU what post number contained your question I'll try to answer it tonight

I believe those dome ash catchers from bit freak will have massive spill over.

I like the roor de ash catchers more than the roor us because the roor us has larger joint angles that cause mass spill over. The ehle's have a similar joint angle as the german roor. basically no the ehle will not provide 3 times the performance of a roor. The ehle pill bottle works well, a friend of mine uses one.

Diffusing the ash catcher is only worth it if you get the right length diffuser. if it is to short and your water level needs to be real high you'll get spill over.

C

CTSV

There is also a GLASS THREAD, this is in the Toker's Den, and is meant for general discussion. The OP has had his question answered. No harm in talking cars a bit.

Get off your high horse.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
I tried to answer the Op's question. I got a fuck you attitude in return I couldn't care less.

CTSV made this post bellow. Though I did mention an argument that someone made in a negative rep comment that cars are all a name. I was sarcastically trying to make that argument, when In reality I've been into cars and working on them for years.

Tell you what KID.

Go make some money and buy one, and tell me they are just a name. You have NO experience with what you are talking about.

Stick to glass, cause you obviously no nothing about cars...

I am not going to say where, but I moderate a performance car forum, and know volumes more about cars than you ever will.

CTSV- what forum do you moderate just curious.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have to agree with Ryu here.
You guys absolutely hijacked this thread. And, I don't care what forum this is, or how one would try to justify talking about a subject completely non-related to the topic, there is no justification for hijacking a person's thread.
Now, it's no big deal to me because I got the info I wanted, and made a purchase.
But when others come in and state the obvious, and then get chastised by those who did the hijacking in the first place, well...I have to take exception to that.

And no, you didn't try to answer the questions, Tony...you came in shit talking. Throwing rocks at anything that you thought wasn't premier equipment. You were a dick, to put it bluntly, so don't even try to go there, jr.

I

icmag.is.#1

Wow, nearly eight pages of arguing....

The G-spot you ordered looks nice, simple and small enough to pass with one hand and im sure it'll blow you away

Latest posts

Latest posts