What's new

Need bong help

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It took my parched brain awhile to think about it...but I am pretty certain that the year I last pulled out of a bong was 1982. No shit.
At one time I was addicted to a 12 inch that I used crushed ice in. But that was in another life and circumstances made it so I never really had the opportunity to keep bongs and pieces around.
I have smoked the majority of my rope in a Dr. Grabows sherlock for over a decade now.

I want a bong. I am a bong dumbass.
I would really like the ins and outs of the bong world. What is the best gear?
Where does a man find the best gear? I see a lot of stuff on the net that reeks of chinese lead glass and paint. Not too appealing.

I'd really like to see and hear about these, and what makes a good one good, besides an etched logo?

Well, it needs to have a good base, and glass on glass is where it's at. A lot of high quality companies will sell glass on glass, but what distinguishes them from the others, is that a good quality bong, the glass on glass needs to fit and seal perfectly. Also, if it has a bistable joint, it is more secure, and if you tip your bong over, maybe the downstem will break, but your bong will not. You can simply by a new downstem. If it is not bistable, when your bong falls over, not only will the downstem break, but your bong will break with it usually.

Good brands are EHLE, Roor US and Roor German, Toro, Illadelph, Blue Dot, VIP Glass, Zong, and there are others but I'm high right now and can't think of them off the top of my head.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Man, that's a great point. Time for a fucking bong hit. I haven't done a bong hit in weeks. I agree totally with the premise of this thread.

Bong FIGHT!!!!

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
AH, the stem thing. I had been wondering about all the different configurations.
Great info, hb. Thanks much.

lol...I would hope that no fights ensue, mpd.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Im digging out an old bong in honour of this thread :smile:

edit - no raisens...lol

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i am addicted to my bong, i smoke bong over anything else 90% of the time

its just so much easier to pack in a few snaps and get high, rather than rolling a blunt or "vaping"

i like the intensity of the bong loads too.

Botanist

Wow i totally agree. its been like 3 years now. this is what i would buy. a zong. You can condense ab out 3' into 12"

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, after some lengthy searching, I decided on a bong that I think will suit me.
On it's way is a G-Spot 5mm Hangover 3 piece and some weed master gauze stems.
Hell, everyonedoesit, whycan'tI?

I will probably hunt a nice bowl now.

Thanks for the help everyone, first bowl pulled on will be a big cheers to y'all.

G

Got a pic or link hoosier?

I also second the glass on glass + diffusor. I have a relatively simple clear bubble bong with a base and ice pinch, but it's heavy-walled as hell and a real champ. I almost bought one with percolators, but this is easy to clean and does a great job, especially with snow in it :)

Enjoy,
A

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php
http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/GSpot__Hangover_Bong_145__3_Piece.cfm?iProductID=4791

A comparable Roor 5mm glass on glass would run me about double what I paid for the G-spot. I do not see double the bong. Not even close. I hate paying for logo, and that is all that can be.
Besides that, Roor doesn't hammer nails with their bongs! I saw G-spot in action.:yoinks:

3 piece means glass on glass, yes?

I may try a diffuser, but I think them more a novelty than anything. Anyone have any anecdotes that would sway a person into also thinking a diffuser must be had?

C

CTSV

Good choice!

3 piece means glass on glass, yes?

3 piece means there is a extra section, where you can put some activated carbon. And, yes the piece you ordered is all glass on glass.

I would get a EHLE diffuser if I were you, they really smooth the hit out!

RooRs are overpriced, and IMO for collectors.

I just got the WS double perc, and it was only 150 bucks, 60cm, and hits smooth as hell!
picture.php

My next bong is going to be a EHLE hollow base,only 100 bucks!

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
I just put the bong back down. Working with that thing in the neighborhood just creates problems...

Yes, there was a fight hoosier and that friggin' bong whipped my ass like Promise Margarine.

Strainbrain

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Veteran
Man, that's a great point. Time for a fucking bong hit. I haven't done a bong hit in weeks. I agree totally with the premise of this thread.

Wow, took the words right outta my mouth, except it's been about 5 months. I've gotta drag it out of a storage closet, but dammit... it's bong time!

Now where did I put that bubble hash....

:abduct:

-s

Ryu

:yes:

:yes:

How's that Gspot hitting for you Hoosierdaddy, was looking at that one myself but got a great deal on a baby roor, kinda wanting ice pinches now too.

Easy ways to make crushed ice apart from with a bag and hammer? Don't want to wake up my girl:noway:

O

o0th3d4nk0o

CTSV

wait a sec what WS bong is that. at first i thought it was the messia one on everyonedoes it but now i dont think so