What's new

Need bong help

Maybe I just wasn't cleaning it often enough. I don't know. Aside from changing the water a lot, is there a good way to clean out the inside of a bong? I was considering putting it in the dishwasher, but I don't want to get tar all over the rest of the dishes; plus with the shape of a bong it seems like it would be hard for the jets to really permeate the inside of the thing. Just curious.

Also, anybody ever do the "hot bong" where you use really hot water and get a steamy hit?

Mr. Tony

Veteran
go to the store buy 99% iso rubbing alcohol, pour some in your bong, pour some salt in it, shake, rinse.

Ryu

Yeah, really getting off on the clean glass every evening to smoke from. It's more hassle than not cleaning it but the taste and experience is so worth it if the erb is good or better still awesome. If you got some glass the try it for a week, every day and see if you like it perhaps, sack it off after that if you don't think it's worth it personally.

I know guests have a much more pleasant look on their faces when I hand them a very clean bong with home grown instead of the dirty aging plastic it used to be

I kinda expected it to get expensive with the iso but it's just a swill, so far I have been reusing the dirty iso and about 300ml is looking pretty rank at about 3 weeks with daily cleans. Was gonna chuck it when it stopped working so well but it doesn't, just need some brushes for the diffuser and bowls and stuff.

How long do you reuse it for Mr. Tony or do you go through lots?
I don't smoke bongs exclusively but if I did I think that 3 weeks may be nearer 1. Any tips to conserve iso or make it quicker.

I have read a roor statement on the EDIT site that says "Pour boiling water into pipe and all parts and rinse" here
http://www.everyonedoesit.com/cannabis_information/roor/how_to_clean_roor_water_pipes.cfm

3 people have told me in no uncertain terms that I should NEVER do this, one of them sold me the bong! He has had bongs returned he said that broke this way but couldn't remember if hot water ever killed a roor.
I wanna trust the roor statement and I know this is lab glass that all kinds of experiments can be done in but can boiling water crack my 3.2m roor or are these people miss informed? What if I just dumped 10 icecubes and some icewater out of it to clean 5 seconds before?

Any help streamlining the clean would be good as its probably gonna be everyday from now on.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
Bongs made with high quality boro will not be shocked with 230 some odd degree water.

I have a plastic tube that holds my diffuser. I put it in the tube, pour some salt down, pout in some iso, shake. Then I use that iso and salt to clean the slide i used. It's way easier to clean if you heat the pieces up with hot water.

I use fresh salt and iso for the tubes though.

I got through a small 3 dollar bottle of iso every two weeks. Though other may smoke more than me. I figure thats not that big a cost if i go through a bottle a week when I spend $50 for an 1/8 of headies.

Ryu

Yo Mr Tony, the roor had one busy ass weekend with friends visiting and the bong cleaning is now streamlined to the max.
Thanks for the tips man, now cleaning takes half the time.

The roor.de site does in fact state all this quite clearly but my antivirus kicked off with the frames they use when I first went there a couple months ago, fine on a mates comp.

Will let the headshop know, lol

Latest posts

Latest posts