What's new

NBA Playoffs '09

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, Nugs are looking good! They're my team in the west, but I'm a C's man. I have no illusion of them getting back to the finals, but no one can question their heart! :dueling:
Melo vs Lebron, bring it on! :D

JohnnyATL

Veteran
looks like its about to be hawks vs cavs

Sounds like its gonna be fun to see labron play in person next series

G

Greyskull

you say that because he's not with the sixers

trust me if he was on your squad pestering & elbowing in your favor you'd sing a different tune

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Lakers looked preeeety flat tonight. If they limp their way to a clicking Nuggets team, it may be a LeBron/Mello hypefest.

Whoever they got, Cavs in 5. Prolly won't lose 2 games before the finals.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Little late to this thread...

I think you hit the nail on the head, barletta. Lakers very flat, don't expect it to happen again but if they face a surging Nuggets squad, who I'm sure are salivating at the prospect of facing LA and getting some revenge for last year, they could be in for a dog fight series. LA's bench looks weak lately especially against Utah, dunno why Jackson isn't using Farmar more. Teams saw LA blow huge leads against the Jazz, definitely think that's making Houston feel better about their chances than before the playoffs. And not to mention, LA went 4-0 reg. season against the Rockets. Very hard to beat a team 8 times in one year, no matter the sport.

Gotta agree with what some said about my squad, the C's. Without KG and Powe we just don't have the front court depth to handle the teams we're facing now. Orlando was a bad match-up for us, Atlanta or Miami would've been 1000x better match-up wise but still, the Cavs would be looming. And again, without that depth like last year, the Cavs will just send too many healthy bodies at the Celts, not to mention that one guy they have... what's his name? He's pretty good I hear.

Go C's!

And did anyone catch that gem Phil Jackson hit Craig Sager with during one of those whack ass interviews during the game? Something like... "How am I going to get you laid wearing a butterscotch suit?" It was hilarious and the announcers themselves were dying over it. At the same it was hysterical, straight dead pan delivery with Sager looking like a deer in headlights.

emmy75

Yah the Lakers coudnt hit shit last nite; they looked bad. too many days off isnt always a good thing. and they probably were too complacent about Houston.

and the Celtics were just damn tired. too many overtime sessions with the bulls and well they just were pooped. but i do love Rondo. shhh dont tell anyone that im sleeping with the enemy cause im a Lakers fan all the way!!!

YAh Greyskull that was funny. what was with that butterfinger jacket??

its420

Sager and his whacked out suits, lmfao

I'm not sure even with KG the celts could match up with the magic. Dwight, Rashard, Hedo, are a tough match up for them. Rondo looked like he was asleep in that game, wtf.

Man, the Birdman has got the mile high city wrapped around his resinated fingers. They have all cylinders firing in nuggetland. I'm so happy not to have Marc Cuban in every shot anymore. Rick C musta put the quash on that bs.

Never sorry to see the lakers lose. ESPECIALLY after that whole gasol trade insanity, hahaha. That move he did this season with the between the legs fast break dribble dish was sick tho, props to the spaniard for that. He and Lamar better man up its playoff time, not layoff time. Softies. The zenmaster coached himself outta that one by playing slow ass fisher too. Schweet. Go RON RON, ya crazy ass mofo!

Best 2 way player in the NBA and my third pick if im GM. He can play 2 spot(i just keep him on a SHORT offensive leash, shut down the other team n rebound n pass RonRon, no dribbling! *See shock collar*) with LBJ at the 3, dwight at 5....with those guys i'll take the german at the 4, I think i'll let cp3 run the point

GO CAVS

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Best 2 way player in the NBA and my third pick if im GM.
Ron Artest? Yeally? If you were a GM, I'd be calling you near the trading deadline.

"Yo, 420, what's up!! We're looking to upgrade for a playoff run. We got Ron Ron. There's REALLY only 2 guys you'd rather build a team around? Wanna trade..."
Point
Darren Williams, CP3, Tony Parker, Rondo, Dharris, Jamir...
B.Roy, DWade, Kevin Durant!, Monte
Shit, I'd trade a healthy Ron Ron for a healthy Loul Deng, or a happy Vince Carter.
PF
LOTSA GUYS
Big Man
Any one that scores 15+ with 60% shooting and 120+ blocks (1.5/game). Wouldn't build around Shaq, but would take him for a year in place of Artest. Steven Jackson was (is) the better fighter and the better ball player.

I'd take Artest over Battier.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
I live in Houston and used to live next door to one of the Rockets. Guess where my sentiments lie?

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
I live in Houston and used to live next door to one of the Rockets. Guess where my sentiments lie?
Depends if his dog used to shit on your lawn or not. :D

EDIT - "With his dog's sediments." {Rim-shot} :D

emmy75

ok so the Lakers should trounce the Rockets tonight. Let's see if they bring their game. I hope Kobe is feeling better and I know he wants to be the shit tonight, especially after Lebron's performance last nite.

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
and yao scores and the rockets take the lead ,kobe looks beat and stunned ..sorry not a kobe or lakers fan ..he might be the best right now but i still don't like'm..go noguts..nuggets so y'all know what i mean..