What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NBA Playoffs '09

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
I get to watch the 6'ers home broadcast, and the lil bld guy with the glasses is ALL jacked up, lol. "Do they DARE win tonight???". LMAO. These guys call a decent game, but they DO love the 6er's... They might be talkin about "..takin it back to comcast..." if Dhoward has 20 boards, and Skippy has 12 dimes goin into the 4th...

B.Roy - 42 points, NO turnovers. Manchild
B.Gordon - 42 points, NO turnovers. 6'1", 190. 24 shots...

All underated NBA team. (Not allowed to say "Kobe or LeBron" because it is understood that they defy rating except against eachother, and those to follow...)
Point. - Today? A.Miller. 2moro -Rondo
Two - D.Wade. CLOSER. B.Gordon. closer.
Swing - Manu. period. Nobody wants to guard him and his 15/5/5/2/2 statline.
4 - Today? Tim Duncan. 2moro? Danny Granger?? ?? ?? Where have you gone, Carlos Boozer???
Bigman. "Yo." "Yao." It was true then, and it's true now. When Yao touches the ball his team wins. That's what it's about. Yes it's funny when he gets dunked on...
:D

Styles P

I get to watch the 6'ers home broadcast, and the lil bld guy with the glasses is ALL jacked up, lol. "Do they DARE win tonight???". LMAO. These guys call a decent game, but they DO love the 6er's... They might be talkin about "..takin it back to comcast..." if Dhoward has 20 boards, and Skippy has 12 dimes goin into the 4th...

B.Roy - 42 points, NO turnovers. Manchild
B.Gordon - 42 points, NO turnovers. 6'1", 190. 24 shots...

All underated NBA team. (Not allowed to say "Kobe or LeBron" because it is understood that they defy rating except against eachother, and those to follow...)
Point. - Today? A.Miller. 2moro -Rondo
Two - D.Wade. CLOSER. B.Gordon. closer.
Swing - Manu. period. Nobody wants to guard him and his 15/5/5/2/2 statline.
4 - Today? Tim Duncan. 2moro? Danny Granger?? ?? ?? Where have you gone, Carlos Boozer???
Bigman. "Yo." "Yao." It was true then, and it's true now. When Yao touches the ball his team wins. That's what it's about. Yes it's funny when he gets dunked on...
:D

thats marc zumoff i like him as a commentator.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Sixers are a good young team. Can't really say '..down the road.." cause of the way guys/contracts are packaged in deals, but I like the way they play. Them and portland. Orlando plays above their talent level. I hear vangundy call games, and his brother really does coach like that. Team D. I could see them giving Cleveland a series if ther were a M.Williams high ankle sprain or a verajao AND BigZ debacle...

I have been spioled when it comes to calling sports, ad I grew up in the NY sports broadcast area, and Pops was from south Jersey, so I was big on the Phillies and Robin Roberts/Harry Kalas. But NY announcers are legends. Breen and Clyde Frasier is a KILLER game, so was Marv and Mark Jackson or even Marv and Spenarkel... Not a Huge Ian Eagle/Al Trautwig guy, but Gary, Keith and Ron work very well together. Not Bob Murphy and Ralph Kiner...

Mets are losin in STL, and the Miami game is not close. If NO was gonna steal one on the road it would be tonight...

Chris Paul projected line - 33, 14, 7 steals, 55%+ shooting 2 or less turnovers...
And Chauncy steps up to stroke free throws to ice the game with 1:18 left (*going back up double digits, and subbing out the starters...)

EDIT - The Lakers SHOULD win it, but they SHOULDA won it last year, and came up very short. They are the slight dog to Cleveland cause the cave went like 39 and 2 @ home. Yeah, I know the Lakers beat em...

Cavs in 7 in an EPIC series. Kobe and LeBron BOTH go for 50 at least once, and average over 36 points a piece. LeBron averages a triple double. The play of the big guys and bench will determine that series.

LilMan72003

PURPLE andGOLD
A team with a definite leader who is capable of amazing things, an extremely impressive starting line up, and a very deep bench.

Lets gooooo Lake shooooooow!!!!!!!!!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Not a big fan of the Lakers, so I'm going to go with Lebron and the Cavs to win it all. Hopefully this doesnt cause Bron-bron's ego to get any bigger...

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
sixers are gonna take orlando out in 7.
I don't know if it will take that many games. That series is impossible to call. It could go 5, 6,7 - I like the sixers, but orlando has a bigman, shooters, a bench and plays team defense, so I know they COULD rattle off 3 straight or beat anybody on any given night. But philly is young and hungry, and Orlando doesn't have a closer.

See also: Portland vs. Houston.

I wanna see the bulls get out of the first round. That will make the 2nd round a series vs philly or orlando. I wanna see CP3 go crazy. See Also: D.Wade.

And it's all virtually worthless, cause w/o injury, NOBODY going to stop the cavs and lakers from getting together in June.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
GO HEAAATTTTT
attachment.php

Attachments

• 35-70775-P.jpg
    35-70775-P.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 14

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
Heat Dstroy the hawks! we finished w/ 19-19 in the freethrows, we ripped up the 3pt line..yup heat is HOT

Miami Heat will win it all FOLKS .. thats right i said it first...right here ... right now.. heat in the finals against the Lakers, its gonna go to 7 games and the heat will beat them at home only after wade slaps the shit out of kobe up n down the court! cook, chalmers, beasley, haslem, moon, oneal, jones, and gues who WADE!!!! were gonna drop the most 3pt-ers ever in post season history watch!

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
I love your enthusiasm nycd! I'm not gonna say they WON'T :D

But have you watched Cleveland at all this season? Have you watched Atlanta play? Cleveland over Mia in 5. Heat take game 3 on the strength of a D.Wade 40minute, 58 point explosion. Then Dwade, Jamario 'Jump out tha gym' Moon, and Big Blunts Beasely can start plannin that fishin trip...

Write it down now. Pending big free agent/draft moves, it's Chicago and Cleveland in the east finals next year. They would be SHITTING on the Celts with a healthy Lou-All. BGordon and RayRay playin NBA Jam again :D

2ot, boston down 4, 26 seconds and the ball..

bigscoot

legal medical grower got my card & paper work 2 pr
Veteran
dumbmars fucked up big time CB 4 winey AI we sick the D with that one

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
Eh a kid from the ghettoes of northern cuba can dream eh ? lol i wonder if we had shaq right now, i dont think no one could touch the Heat, but tahts fairy tales we got a new oneal out there and he aint doin so bad lettin it be known he is there n shit, even tho wade is the won doin al the bitch slappin so far LOL. I have been watching Cleveland and its about damn time for lebronius to get down, they kinda remind me of the washington Capitals for some odd reason... anyways we shall see all i know is i been watching my heat and they been lookin pretty damn good, scary good tho. Man i hope wade dont go to Chi town EVER

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
nycd, I'm readin your post, and some Kanye piano hook starts playin in the background...

EDIT - Just absorbed this (slower with organics)
they kinda remind me of the washington Capitals for some odd reason...
Wha? Maybe if the Cavs lost ~30 home games this year vs the 2 they did...

Remind you how? They both wear white unies at home?

Latest posts

Latest posts