What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My seed whore adventures. Where bad idea's are born.

420PyRoS

Some random of the others.

They're getting hungry. The last few storms and tornado warnings around here haven't helped what so ever. Some broken branches.

Poor things, wish I was closer and could manage these myself.

20230812_131237.jpg
20230812_131304.jpg
20230812_131321.jpg
20230812_131403.jpg
20230812_131426.jpg
20230812_131436.jpg
20230812_131522.jpg

420PyRoS

My days of ordering from JBC are done.

I ordered enough bodhi packs to score TWO of the momentary lapse of reason freebie packs.

This was placed Aug 3rd.

Guy has the balls to come back to me on Aug 12th and say only one pack going out per order (after this being placed as a SECOND order for those freebies) even though the freebies were still being listed until the 9th or 10th.

So what the fuck?!

Piece of shit.

Hmong

Veteran
after sorting out the seed fridge fiasco. Seems nothing got affected by the water thankfully as 99% of packs are sealed.

Dude, after you mentioned that, I immediately rearranged my storage... leaving nothing in the bottom compartments and using more Tupperware as a buffer... thanks!

this week I had a different type of accident, I took a fertilizer bottle out of the fridge and touched the thermostat, changed it to full power, which had the back wall freezing up.
Next to all kinds of seeds and pollen... This happened 2 times, before I moved fertz bottles somewhere else and taped the control wheel down.
I mean it wasn't too long, but these kinds of temperature fluctuations can fuck with storage life.

420PyRoS

Dude, after you mentioned that, I immediately rearranged my storage... leaving nothing in the bottom compartments and using more Tupperware as a buffer... thanks!

this week I had a different type of accident, I took a fertilizer bottle out of the fridge and touched the thermostat, changed it to full power, which had the back wall freezing up.
Next to all kinds of seeds and pollen... This happened 2 times, before I moved fertz bottles somewhere else and taped the control wheel down.
I mean it wasn't too long, but these kinds of temperature fluctuations can fuck with storage life.
My oldest kid did that to me, cranked the knob to full and froze up the fridge. I think I might do the same and tape over it to prevent that happening again. I'm going to be slowing to a crawl on seed purchasing in the foreseeable future so I need to keep these ones dry/cool. I got enough bs and I'm hoping I can return to indoor growing by next year. 🙏 cross my fingers.

Hmong

Veteran
Also stopped buying, after my last order was 2000€^^
Got a great deal though, it's 2-5 regular packs of over 30 rare strains.
I never bought into fems, mostly just regular landrace/heirloom genetics.

just start growing all your stuff, because with the fems there is no long term option!!!

with the regulars, I can just turn over a batch every 10 years and make fresh seeds, for the next decade & repeat until I die.

Last edited:

420PyRoS

Also stopped buying, after my last order was 2000€^^
Got a great deal though, it's 2-5 regular packs of over 30 rare strains.
I never bought into fems, mostly just regular landrace/heirloom genetics.

just start growing all your stuff, because with the fems there is no long term option!!!

with the regulars, I can just turn over a batch every 10 years and make fresh seeds, for the next decade & repeat until I die.
Damn! That's a lot of dough.
Imma growing! I mostly only buy regulars. The fems are old stock when I started collecting seeds and just seemed more efficient for my legal 4 max plants.

Lol just arrived.
Still waiting on GLG's mail.

Attachments

• 20230901_061403.jpg
    20230901_061403.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 42

420PyRoS

OK fuck, been kinda out of the scene a bit due to life.

Lost the 2x Raspberry hashplant, 2x Strawberry fantasy and the 2x motorhead freebie packs. Piss poor mail service strikes again. It's been over a month, so I'm chaulking that as a loss.

Lastly, I gotta get some good pics of the plants today or tomorrow.

I'm hearing the purple skankberry took a hard left turn and decided to 50% drop dead. Meh, shit happens.

The other 3... well.. I saw some quick photos and they're popping some nice buds from what I could see.

So update on those is coming shortly.
More warm weather and no rain in sight for the week.

Hell YES!

420PyRoS

Grape kush.

Seems to be a longer flowering type.
She hasn't even started to fatten up much.

Great frost on her also. Nice sweet smell.

Attachments

• 20230928_140307.jpg
    20230928_140307.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 27
  • 20230928_140317.jpg
    20230928_140317.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 31
  • 20230928_140413.jpg
    20230928_140413.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 27
  • 20230928_140419.jpg
    20230928_140419.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 31

Hmong

Veteran
Nice plants!

I recommend cutting out the undergrowth and stripping some mid fanleafs to give em better airflow. Especially if the start molding, remove those parts and everything prone.

420PyRoS

Nice plants!

I recommend cutting out the undergrowth and stripping some mid fanleafs to give em better airflow. Especially if the start molding, remove those parts and everything prone.
I had good intentions in doing that very thing but having them grown at a remote location not near me has been a challenge to even see them.

The fella looking after them doesn't have a green thumb either.

Hoping next year will be better. Things are more positive lately and may even be able to grow at my place in the future from discussions I've had.

Just gotta keep pushing.

I tried that workout, hurt my back and been sore for 2 weeks.

I think i need to work up to it a bit lol
I'm getting old.

Hmong

Veteran
has been a challenge to even see them.

The fella looking after them doesn't have a green thumb either.

sounds all familiar, been there ^^
just the name of the game, if you don't run optimally.
having to split a poor harvest, because the other fuck didn't do things proper, sucks most.

Still, some harvest is always better than none. Just saying if you go there, make good use of the time.
I always got garden tools on me, when visit plants.

I tried that workout, hurt my back and been so

sorry to hear that

I think i need to work up to it a bit lol
I'm getting old.

yeah, you have to become proficient in the movement.
Just work up to 50 in sets of 10, all reps well recovered.
It should always feel good below 100 reps, as a guideline.
I've started these workouts 4 years ago, so it's natural.

Last edited:

420PyRoS

Second plant just came down a tad early. Viper Cookies.
Been having 5 days straight of rain and single digit temps causing some mold issues.

The cannaventure LA Affie is almost done, but the grape kush could go longer.

Pushing my luck, but onward!!

20231009_230249.jpg
20231009_230120.jpg
20231009_230136.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts