What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MY LITTLE SOG

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
you get good yield with SOG but for real yield get your perpetual SOG happening and see 30+ ounces per 75 day run, dried, not wet lol

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
you get good yield with SOG but for real yield get your perpetual SOG happening and see 30+ ounces per 75 day run, dried, not wet lol

Thanks for the comment cornflake but I just can't be bothered with perpetual harvest. Just sounds like to much work.

I don't sell this shit so yields are not a major concern. I just do it for giggles.

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice grow High Country just 2 questions is there a reason you harvested early and how come you weigh your stuff wet and with all them stems included...?

High Country

Veteran
Nice grow High Country just 2 questions is there a reason you harvested early and how come you weigh your stuff wet and with all them stems included...?

Thanks Benji, I harvested at this time because the trichomes were milky and some of the amber pistils were falling off when handled. This no name indica dominant strain just doesn't seem to want to go beyond 6 weeks.

I weighed wet because I want to see the weight difference when dry. I will do further trims over the coming week and come up with a final weight hopefully next weekend when fully manicured, buds off stems.

Cheers, thanks for looking in.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Thanks Benji, I harvested at this time because the trichomes were milky and some of the amber pistils were falling off when handled. This no name indica dominant strain just doesn't seem to want to go beyond 6 weeks.

I weighed wet because I want to see the weight difference when dry. I will do further trims over the coming week and come up with a final weight hopefully next weekend when fully manicured, buds off stems.

Hello High Country,
I too was wondering about the very same question Benji asked. To be honest I was quite shocked that you took them down at this stage but your response answered it all. This is your personal medicine and you cut her to your exact preference.

You see I'm preparing the very same EXACT grow you've just finished - so in the back ground I was actually going to mirror everything you did here. You have a talent my friend.

Is this the only strain you have? I ask because I'd like to see your skill sets put up against a plant that will go the full 8 weeks while still maintaining the cloudy trichs you like. You are really good at this and I'm viewing it as a workshop.

Q's:
Did you find it tight in there with 36 plants?
Would you do less than 36 or more on your next round and why?

Again you have the control setup I'm modeling after and I'm sorry if I'm asking too much but your expertise will surely be appreciated and I will repay the favor when needed.

High Country

Veteran
Hello High Country,
I too was wondering about the very same question Benji asked. To be honest I was quite shocked that you took them down at this stage but your response answered it all. This is your personal medicine and you cut her to your exact preference.

You see I'm preparing the very same EXACT grow you've just finished - so in the back ground I was actually going to mirror everything you did here. You have a talent my friend.

Is this the only strain you have? I ask because I'd like to see your skill sets put up against a plant that will go the full 8 weeks while still maintaining the cloudy trichs you like. You are really good at this and I'm viewing it as a workshop.

Q's:
Did you find it tight in there with 36 plants?
Would you do less than 36 or more on your next round and why?

Again you have the control setup I'm modeling after and I'm sorry if I'm asking too much but your expertise will surely be appreciated and I will repay the favor when needed.

Thanks for your comments, I don't mind questions at all, that's how we learn.

36 in a 3x3 under a 600W is pretty tight but as you can see it works. I notice you have a 1000W globe. I am sure that light would produce even better results.

I was considering using 1000W however am not in a position to air cool it. Summer temps are to high in this country so I went with the 600W and can manage the temps.

Doing less than 36 is something I have considered. After this next run I am going to put 25 in the tray and see what happens. Might even get the same yield with better light distribution.

As I have an excess of clones I am doing another 36 plant run. I also put a clone in this thread.

THE JIFFY CHALLENGE
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=166739

I'm checking out your SCROG with interest. Looks like your dealing with good genetics.

High Country

Veteran
OK, now I have a bunch of clones ready to go. In a previous post SumDumGuy suggested the option of running less plants. So that's what I'm going to do. Might get similar yields with the improved light penetration. This meant I had to cull some clones, something I hate doing.

So here we go again.

25 CLONES INSTEAD OF 36

picture.php

CLONES ARE IN A 5X5 ARRANGEMENT
THE ONE IN THE STUBBY HOLDER IS IN
"THE JIFFY CHALLENGE"
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=166739

picture.php

MY LITTLE SOG ON THE DRYING RACK, FINAL WEIGHT IN 7 DAYS

picture.php

THE RES BUBBLING AWAY, EC 1.5

picture.php

Clones are on 12/12
EC is 1.5
Water heater in res set at 24C
Res is aerated
No idea what the PH is cos I never check it

In about 3 weeks I'll start the cloning process again but will be doing it a little differently

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
Thank you Ghostwolf, nice avatar, we only have dingoes and wild dogs here.
Thanks High Country. I'm very close to wolves, I used to have four of them. Very smart animals, and if they like then you have a friend for life, because I sure wouldn't want one for an enemy. I've also felt their wrath and have the scars to prove it. But I sure the dingoes and wild dogs are nothing to mess either. I imagine they're pretty smart too.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
i'm realy interest for the weight of your harvest high country, i like your s.o.g. style , also me i use this metod and what more ...congratulate to you and sure i wait update from you!!

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran

No probs cheers for the response m8 6 weeks WOW that's quick,,,The quickest i ever had a strain finish was 7 weeks that was my Sensi Super Skunk...

High Country

Veteran
No probs cheers for the response m8 6 weeks WOW that's quick,,,The quickest i ever had a strain finish was 7 weeks that was my Sensi Super Skunk...

It finishes very quickly, I think this is a full on indica. Nice couch lock with a high as well. Wouldn't mind finding a male for this one.

High Country

Veteran
Thinking about ordering some new genetics of the Haze variety. I would like a challenge. I would still like to grow SOG style and am going to stick to the ebb/flow table, however would also consider a SCROG over the 3x3 for the sativas.

I was thinking, Sensi Seeds, NL#5 x Haze and Jack Flash#5, feminized. I think I'm getting sick of indica.

I would use these beans as mums in soil and then clone for the hydro ebb/flow.

If any one has any experience with these genetics advice would be greatly appreciated. I've checked out some of the Haze grows here but haven't seen many of these varieties.

Thanks.

Final weight on MY LITTLE SOG to follow in 2 days, final trim is done, should get close to 1 gram per watt.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Thinking about ordering some new genetics of the Haze variety. I would like a challenge. I would still like to grow SOG style and am going to stick to the ebb/flow table, however would also consider a SCROG over the 3x3 for the sativas.

I was thinking, Sensi Seeds, NL#5 x Haze and Jack Flash#5, feminized. I think I'm getting sick of indica.

I would use these beans as mums in soil and then clone for the hydro ebb/flow.

If any one has any experience with these genetics advice would be greatly appreciated. I've checked out some of the Haze grows here but haven't seen many of these varieties.

Thanks.

Final weight on MY LITTLE SOG to follow in 2 days, final trim is done, should get close to 1 gram per watt.

I'll be watching this very carefully. Thank you for all your input High Country!!!

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
man that was awesome so fast, was not expecting that man primo. let us no final dried wights :D btw im watching jiffy challenge aswel, this will be intersting man.

High Country

Veteran
Ok, the final weight is in. Product is dry and off the stalk and I'm smoking it right now. I've had a fan on the drying rack 24/7.

550g, 1Ib 3.4oz. Quite a big difference from wet weight. Nearly 1g/watt, not quite. Perhaps a bit of veg would bring it up. Buds will now go into jars to cure.

It smells like licorice and has the typical body stone.

I've got another 25 on the go in order to see if better light penetration will produce the same yield. If I continue with this strain I will try vegging them for 7 days max and see what happens.

Does anyone know anything about Sensi Seeds, NL#5 x Haze and Jack Flash#5. I know I'm looking at long flowering sativas here but that's about all I know about them. Are they fussy plants, easy to clone etc?

Anyway, HAPPY DAYS.

Latest posts

Latest posts