What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MY LITTLE SOG

farmermatt

High High Country, finding your grow really intriguing and I'm pretty tempted to try the SOG instead of SCROG for my first grow. I'll be continuing to watch your grows in future.
I was wondering though roughly how tall your girls got?

Cheers.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
High High Country, finding your grow really intriguing and I'm pretty tempted to try the SOG instead of SCROG for my first grow. I'll be continuing to watch your grows in future.
I was wondering though roughly how tall your girls got?

Cheers.

Thanks farmermatt, the plants got to about 2'-21/2' at the end. I've tried SCROG too and it works but the res changes were a real hassle. Might try it again one day with a sativa.

The main hassle with SOG is producing large no's of clones, apart from that it's pretty easy. Good luck with any way you decide to grow.

Cheers.

High Country

Veteran
Yesterday I realized I had not put the plug in for the pump in the res for the clones in this new 25 plant run. I was wondering why they weren't doing to much and lower leaves were fading.

Tough little plants aren't they, they can cop this abuse and still keep kicking.

Now back on track, res level dropping daily, plants are feeding.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Yesterday I realized I had not put the plug in for the pump in the res for the clones in this new 25 plant run. I was wondering why they weren't doing to much and lower leaves were fading.

Tough little plants aren't they, they can cop this abuse and still keep kicking.

Now back on track, res level dropping daily, plants are feeding.

yeah well they're a weed haha fairly resilient! my mate dropped a light on one of his seedlings and then assuming it was screwed left it in the dark for 2 days... it's now 2 feet tall and bigger than any of the others he had.

i believe marijuana is a polyploid too meaning it has multiple sets of it's own chromosomes (more than 2, could be 3, 4, 6, 8) which means it's a very fast evolving, adaptive plant that can live in extreme environments and still kick ass! hence it being a weed i guess! nature for the win!

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
Ok, the final weight is in. Product is dry and off the stalk and I'm smoking it right now. I've had a fan on the drying rack 24/7.

550g, 1Ib 3.4oz. Quite a big difference from wet weight. Nearly 1g/watt, not quite. Perhaps a bit of veg would bring it up. Buds will now go into jars to cure.

It smells like licorice and has the typical body stone.

I've got another 25 on the go in order to see if better light penetration will produce the same yield. If I continue with this strain I will try vegging them for 7 days max and see what happens.

Does anyone know anything about Sensi Seeds, NL#5 x Haze and Jack Flash#5. I know I'm looking at long flowering sativas here but that's about all I know about them. Are they fussy plants, easy to clone etc?

Anyway, HAPPY DAYS.

First off, I mean no offense. This is an information site in many ways, and it's important that accurate information be relayed to our newbies :)

You are talking about wet and dry weight and you include stems in your final weight?

That's not very accurate. Do you smoke the stems too? lol

And you went SOG which means you have a ridiculous amout of stems to remove (or smoke rofl).

Wet weight versus dry usually ends up around the 70-80% range, and your wet weight includes stems too, so that aint accurate. If you include the weight of your soil it might creep you over 1gm per watt ;)

You went nowhere near 1gm per watt.

Trim the stems and show us a real dry weight, or better yet, post youtube of you smoking your stems haha

High Country

Veteran
First off, I mean no offense. This is an information site in many ways, and it's important that accurate information be relayed to our newbies :)

You are talking about wet and dry weight and you include stems in your final weight?

That's not very accurate. Do you smoke the stems too? lol

And you went SOG which means you have a ridiculous amout of stems to remove (or smoke rofl).

Wet weight versus dry usually ends up around the 70-80% range, and your wet weight includes stems too, so that aint accurate. If you include the weight of your soil it might creep you over 1gm per watt ;)

You went nowhere near 1gm per watt.

Trim the stems and show us a real dry weight, or better yet, post youtube of you smoking your stems haha

The bud was taken off the stems for final weight. The product was dry.

If you read through thread I said the final weight was buds off stems.

I weighed it wet just as a matter of interest.

I find trimming single colas quite easy actually.

550g buds off stems.

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
1360g (46.9oz) WET (including stems and leaves, untrimmed)

550g (19.4 oz) DRY (bud only, trimmed, and stems removed)

Maybe it's true. Doesn't add up to me. If you're seeing 20oz dry, then wet weight should be more like 100oz, especially as you've inclded all the stems and leaves in your wet weight.

Might be true, and if so, then 20 oz per 60 day run is definitely a good deal.

High Country

Veteran
1360g (46.9oz) WET (including stems and leaves, untrimmed)

550g (19.4 oz) DRY (bud only, trimmed, and stems removed)

Maybe it's true. Doesn't add up to me. If you're seeing 20oz dry, then wet weight should be more like 100oz, especially as you've inclded all the stems and leaves in your wet weight.

Might be true, and if so, then 20 oz per 60 day run is definitely a good deal.

Cornflake, I just recorded what the scales said.

I normally don't even worry about weight because I don't sell. People were always asking about weights so I borrowed scales and recorded what they showed. Scales were zeroed prior to product being added.

I couldn't care less if it weighed only 3oz. This thread just showed what a small SOG could do, no doubt with other strains I would get a different result but that's what this particular strain does and I have maintained it for many years.

No offence, I welcome any comments.

High Country

Veteran
hey high country just wondering do you use any form of heating for your clones? cheers

I normally use a heat mat set at 24C. I think they cost about $150 AUS for the thermostat controlled ones.

Prior to this run my heat mat broke down. So I used a simple water heater in a tub of water and floated a tray containing the clones in it. The water heater was set at 24C. See page 1 of this thread.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Seems to work just fine and water heaters are very cheap.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
ahh thanks buddy yeah i've got one in the shed funnily enough from a fish tank i used to own haha so i'll have to definitely suss that out! thanks a heap!

Harvest

super quik, are you using a loop to check ur trichs? never heard of any strain finishing in 6 weeks! pretty amazing ur seeing milky n amber so early! very cool!

High Country

Veteran
super quik, are you using a loop to check ur trichs? never heard of any strain finishing in 6 weeks! pretty amazing ur seeing milky n amber so early! very cool!

Yep, photographers loupe, 20X. I have kept this bagseed strain for a few years. I am starting to wonder if there are any sativa characteristics in it at all. Some how I don't think so.

By doing SOG style and clones straight onto 12/12 I get bud from the very top to the bottom. Keeping them small, 2 1/2' at the end, gives me great light penetration although a 1000W would probably be better but I think I would have heat issues cos I can't run air cooled, no where to vent it.

The colas are very dense and thick, pre flowers emerge almost immediately on 12/12. My mother plants are always putting out pre flowers no matter what the light regime.

I would still like to try a long flowering sativa though.

Yep, 6 weeks, that's about it.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
I normally use a heat mat set at 24C. I think they cost about $150 AUS for the thermostat controlled ones.

Prior to this run my heat mat broke down. So I used a simple water heater in a tub of water and floated a tray containing the clones in it. The water heater was set at 24C. See page 1 of this thread.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Seems to work just fine and water heaters are very cheap.

hey high country just wanted to say thanks a bunch for showing me this technique i've implemented it at home and it's working a treat! cheers again buddy, grow on

darwin

High Country

Veteran
hey high country just wanted to say thanks a bunch for showing me this technique i've implemented it at home and it's working a treat! cheers again buddy, grow on

darwin

No worries, I was checking out the price of thermostat controlled heat mats and they range from about $150 - $180 for the same product from the same manufacturer. Nice price mark ups going on at some places!

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
yeah mate, i saw a few for 80 with no therm to 179 with therm and they're not very big, probably best to just unleash on a few of those aquarium therms and use them in set ups like yours. water removes fire hazard too. cheers again mate.

High Country

Veteran
yeah mate, i saw a few for 80 with no therm to 179 with therm and they're not very big, probably best to just unleash on a few of those aquarium therms and use them in set ups like yours. water removes fire hazard too. cheers again mate.

You can still do 40 clones with the small ones, no worries.

High Country

Veteran
GLOBE LIFE.

GLOBE LIFE.

I just checked on my new SOG and the Phillips Son T 600W HPS seems to be fading. It just doesn't appear bright. I have just put a 430W Phillips Agro HPS over the mums for the next clone run and that seems to put out way more lumens. Is the bulb fucked, probably, what do you think?

G

Guest50138

those son t's are prety well had it after 3 cycles max IMO. Clever Idea with the fishtank heater/cloner High Country

Latest posts

Latest posts