What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MY LITTLE SOG

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Still growing Jack Herer and juicy fruit.

I might be coming over to Oz in a couple of months, try my luck at getting a mining job. Big Dollars.

Get yourself a Heavy Rigid or Heavy Combo drivers license or Front End Loader ticket. You need these at least for most mines. Pretty easy once you get the hang of them.

kiwiboy

Get yourself a Heavy Rigid or Heavy Combo drivers license or Front End Loader ticket. You need these at least for most mines. Pretty easy once you get the hang of them.

Sounds like you are speaking frem experince. My plan at this stage is to head up to Moranbah. Got some friends in the area working in the coal mines. I stayed there for a week last year, man, it's damn hot there. 40 Degree C.

High Country

Veteran
Thought I would see how this camera does macros with the light on.

TRICHOMES

picture.php

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hahaha so true... have you seen that doco "super high me"? it's on youtube definitely worth a watch haha comedian from america gets stoned 18 hrs a day (6 hrs a day he's sleeping, probs stoned for most of that too) for 30 days and compares to the 30 days he did before without smoking anything. it's a riot! but they talk about an ad over there where a girl is sitting with her mate on a couch, she's stoned, her mate isn't and the couch starts eating the girl while her mate complains. lol so the stoned chicks loving it, what the hell is with the other chick though, got nothing better to do but complain and watch her friend stoned on a weekday? haha fuck that

High Country

Veteran
Just then I decided I would do a different flower period for the next couple of grows. Just to see whether the extra finishing time affects the high.

The shit I am smoking now was picked at 42 days, yep, the trich's were ready. I'll harvest this mob at 7 weeks and the next run at 8 weeks.

The plant is indica dominant.

I wonder what will happen?

Apart from getting absolutely shit faced.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
when you say mob, is that the entire tray or just a portion of it? i mean will you be harvesting each week that goes by at the moment or just harvest everything this time at 7 weeks and next time you run them all through wait til 8?

High Country

Veteran
when you say mob, is that the entire tray or just a portion of it? i mean will you be harvesting each week that goes by at the moment or just harvest everything this time at 7 weeks and next time you run them all through wait til 8?

I will harvest the entire mob in one hit, trim them-easy in single cola SOG.

I now have 38 clones putting out roots.

These will go straight into the ebb/ flow tray, the best 36, 4 per sq/ft. Raise the light a bit, 1.5 EC.

6-8 weeks later, bud again.

I don't want to be harvesting every week, sounds like a full time job, unfortunately it's illegal.

Plus I have a real job.

High Country

Veteran
Sounds like you are speaking frem experince. My plan at this stage is to head up to Moranbah. Got some friends in the area working in the coal mines. I stayed there for a week last year, man, it's damn hot there. 40 Degree C.

40C, that's nothing. try 50C in the Pilbara, all the machines are air conditioned though.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hey buddy hope your'e well and that you're grow's kicking some ass! anyway just thought i'd show you this link i stumbled upon. assuming you haven't seen it before. it's a thread on a growing technique where they grow from seeds/clones under 12/12 the entire time and it forces the plant to naturally grow in the shape of a pole and stay smaller but still yield a shit load and saves you a shit load of time and money (electricity wise). the guys reckons you can get 1gram from every 1watt of light used. anyway hope it gives you some ideas if you haven't already seen it :D

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=51760

High Country

Veteran
hey buddy hope your'e well and that you're grow's kicking some ass! anyway just thought i'd show you this link i stumbled upon. assuming you haven't seen it before. it's a thread on a growing technique where they grow from seeds/clones under 12/12 the entire time and it forces the plant to naturally grow in the shape of a pole and stay smaller but still yield a shit load and saves you a shit load of time and money (electricity wise). the guys reckons you can get 1gram from every 1watt of light used. anyway hope it gives you some ideas if you haven't already seen it :D

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=51760

G'day Darwin, I have seen that threat but I still prefer clones cos I know what I'm going to get, and they are, GIRLS

GIRL

picture.php

SEXY GIRLS

picture.php

AND THEIR SEXY TRICHOME LOVE JUICE

picture.php

More to follow Darwin in the next couple of days.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
cheers buddy looks good. i'd assume you can still do the same with clones though can't you? 12/12 would work on whatever.

High Country

Veteran
cheers buddy looks good. i'd assume you can still do the same with clones though can't you? 12/12 would work on whatever.

That's what I do normally, clones straight onto 12/12.

However at the moment I have 38 clones sitting under the cfls and they are ready to go in. However they are going to have to kick back for a week because I want to run this SOG to 7 weeks, even though I could probably chop them now.

THE CLONES WERE BUSTING OUT OF THE JIFFY PELLETS SO I PUT THEM IN A BED OF 60/40 COCO/PERLITE MIX SO THE ROOTS REMAIN HEALTHY

picture.php

38 HAPPY HEALTHY LITTLE CLONES. THESE WILL GO STRAIGHT INTO THE SOG IN 9 DAYS AT 12/12

picture.php

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
so now that you've put these clones in your 60/40 perlite coco mix will you start fertilizing them? they ready for it?

High Country

Veteran
so now that you've put these clones in your 60/40 perlite coco mix will you start fertilizing them? they ready for it?

I've been feeding them with SEASOL seaweed extract daily since day 7 of been cut. You could also feed with weak veg nutes.

I have previuosly fed clones with veg nutes at .5 EC, this plant can take it, some might not. I would not go over .5 EC though.

I think the seaweed extract is safer and as you can see they love it.

High Country

Veteran
END OF WEEK 6

END OF WEEK 6

Well its the end of week 6, trichomes are milky and pistils are starting to brown all over the colas.

I was going to run these to 7 weeks but I don't think this strain can handle it. They are ready now.

I don't want the THC to deteriorate.

What will I do?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I've got clones ready to go in for another run.

TO CHOP OR NOT TO CHOP, THAT IS THE QUESTION.

I'll have to think about it but tomorrow is looking like D DAY, harvest time.

What do you think?

High Country

Veteran
D DAY, I COULDN'T WAIT 46.9 OUNCES, 1329 GRAMS WET

D DAY, I COULDN'T WAIT 46.9 OUNCES, 1329 GRAMS WET

Trichomes are milky all over... harvest.
Let's be honest. They look grrrrreat! And weigh them this time. Don't make me beg.

Well, I've got very sticky fingers now after the first trim. Took all the fan leaves off however didn't go to hard on some of the leaves cos they are covered in trichomes.

I borrowed a friends kitchen scales just for the hell of it.

FIRST TRIM AFTER THE HARVEST

picture.php

TOP TO BOTTOM COLAS

picture.php

ON THE SCALES, THESE WERE ZEROED BEFORE TAKING THE WEIGHT

picture.php

2 Ib 14.9 oz

picture.php

1.329 kg

picture.php

38 CLONES READY, I WONDER WHAT I WILL DO WITH THESE

picture.php

So there you go, MY LITTLE SEA OF GREEN. Just goes to show what sort of yields you can get doing a small SOG under a 600W HPS.

I'll weigh again in about a weeks time when dry.

What will I do now, thinking?

Latest posts

Latest posts