What's new

My intro and bona fides...

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
​I've started the rotation last weekend so I thought I would show my flower areas.

Flower area 1
gallery_726300_5163_376995.jpg

Flower area 2
gallery_726300_5163_319784.jpg

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
damn man! those pheno hunt plants are raging out

i don;t think i've seen that flower area like that. isn;t that one you've expanded or added of late? ~maybe it was fuller/later in flower

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
damn man! those pheno hunt plants are raging out

i don;t think i've seen that flower area like that. isn;t that one you've expanded or added of late? ~maybe it was fuller/later in flower

I've had the flower area for at least a year now. What I did was tear down the panda film in one of the areas because it is cracking. It seems the UV of Metal Halide lights causes the panda film to deteriorate so I'm pulling it down. With the lights I have and the lollipopping I do I don't get much from the reflected light.

The pheno plants are growing fast so 4M and 3MTV seem to have good vigor. Hopefully I'll be able to sex them soon and thin out the plants. They are crowded right now but I'll lose some to being male.

Shooters

Awesome stuff Pakalolo! You know if I wasn't already half way into creating my own IBL/Heirloom strains worked for growing in this rain forest, I'd be pm-ing you non-stop trying to get some of your strains that you and your buddy have grown in the PacNW for decades. Oh well though, I like to do the Rinse & Repeat act...

Cheers!

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Awesome stuff Pakalolo! You know if I wasn't already half way into creating my own IBL/Heirloom strains worked for growing in this rain forest, I'd be pm-ing you non-stop trying to get some of your strains that you and your buddy have grown in the PacNW for decades. Oh well though, I like to do the Rinse & Repeat act...

Cheers!

I enjoy breeding and you can find cultivars that are prefect for the environment you're growing in. My old grow buddy created cultivars that grew good in the foothills here in the PNW. That's where I got my two old males from his breeding. You can PM me whenever you want.

I know its an older post but i'm wondering how deep / wide you dig the holes for the compost outside?

Thanks

Today was so pleasant to work outdoors I put 10 gallons of compost into each of my holes for the outdoor grow. I've still got to dig one more hole and then I'll be ready.

Hole with compost
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50417&pictureid=1228186&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Hole covered by straw
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50417&pictureid=1228187&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

There will still be a lot of rain between now and late June so the compost is loose. The straw will slow down the compaction of the compost. There were lots of worms still working the compost. I didn't use any aeration because there is still lots of leaf and straw pieces throughout.

HatchBrew

Veteran
​Some of you may know that I'm always looking to add to my older genetic seed collection. I have been fortunate enough to come across two more of those old genetics. The first one is a cultivar named Jihad. Jihad is a cross between some '78 Afghani and the UofDub clone. The Uof Dub clone came from the University of Washington and is itself an Afghani cultivar. This should create some nice seeds when breed to my old males that are mainly Thai stick genetics. The other cultivar I got is named Afgooey. This is a cross an Afghani crossed to Maui Haze. Again this is an old cultivar that should get some interesting seeds when paired to my old males.

View Image

Jihad is on the left and Afgooey is on the right. I have 2 more cuttings that haven't rooted yet but they are old genetics too and different from these. When and if they root I'll be showing pictures of them.

Just wow. wow.

& congrats ;)

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
My flower areas are just starting to show some buds. I'm not seeing any spider mites or PM this run so these ladies are filling out nicely. In Flower area 1 that was flipped to 11 on and 13 off on February 5. There are Blue Orca, Nocturnal, 3M and the tall one is Goblin Queen.

​Flower area 1
gallery_726300_5163_20568.jpg

Flower area 2 has 4 ladies in there. I flipped them to 11 on and 13 off on February 13. There are 3Elders, The One, Coots Grail and Goblin Girl.

​Flower area 2
gallery_726300_5163_80643.jpg

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Just wow. wow.

& congrats ;)

I've got 2 rooted UofDub clones now plus another cultivar but I'm not sure of the lineage outside of it being old. I'll find out more about her and post the information along with pictures once these get to gallon pots in about a month.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
they're lookin nice healthy and bushy... hopefully the mites stay away.

Thanks Seaf0ur, I think I've got them gone. It was my own fault because when the fog rolled in last fall I brought some outdoor plants inside and that is where the mites came from. I fought them the harvest before but they're was only a few on the last harvest. This time I'm not finding any but I'm going through a second round of spinosad to make double sure.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
​My girls aren't showing any signs of PM or mites but my cuttings do have some mites so I'm going to toss them.

The teenagers have all been moved to 5 gallon pots with the transplanting of the 4 that were still in 2 gallon pots yesterday.

​Teenagers
gallery_726300_5163_145802.jpg

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
The other day I topped all my pheno hunt plants. I don't top my girls but when I'm pheno hunting my goal is to get clones and not bud. So topping will create more possible cutting branches for making clones. I'm also limited by the space I have so I can't bend them over like I do with my normal girls. Finally I grow in 2 gallon pots because of this space limitation.

Anyway I don't know any of the sex for these plants and it will be a couple of weeks before they start taking off again. Topping them will slow them down. Here is what the pheno hunt area looks like now. Once I get them sexed I'll take cuttings and flip them.

gallery_726300_6748_2263963.jpg

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
As you may know I'm into finding mothers with old genetics to breed to my old males. There are many cultivars out there from the 80s but I've got two new ones from the early days. The first one is a clone from the University of Washington that was liberated back in the 70s.

UofDub
8890c9c09ced534a0ed322ae6a548eb8_1570069.jpg

There is a lot of confusion around this girl. Some information says it is a Thai sativa cultivar while others say it is a pure indica out of Afghanistan.

The other is called Ortega. This is a cross between Northern Light #1 and Northern Light #5. Now this one is mainly indica. NL#1 was an 80s cultivar out of California that was mainly an Afghani landrace and of course NL#5 is pure Afghanistan.

Ortega
17486c9918b45e6faeca46effc10877c_1570070.jpg

Anyways these mothers with produce some very nice seeds.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
As you know I'm into breeding old genetics to my old males. Not all the mothers are from older stock because I do breed for quality too. This last month or so has been good for me in that I have located and obtained some new mothers for breeding.

This one is a girl I grew through much of the 90s and into the 2000s. This came from the University of Washington and is called naturally UofDub.

UofDub
full

Ortega is a cultivar that is a cross between Northern Lights #1 and Northern Lights #5. This is a pure indica mother.

Ortega
full

The is a cross to UofDub called Jihad.

Jihad
full

Afgooey
full

This is one of the not so old but good quality mothers that I have. It is called Durbin Bubble and is reported to be a cross between Durbin Poison and Sour Bubble.

Durbin Bubble
full

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Don't know why the pictures are showing but I had to save without the pictures then edit. Okay I give up on this for now.

Ortega
ic

Jihad
ic

Afgooey
ic

Durbin Bubble
ic

ic

Latest posts

Latest posts